Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arzakon
Nov 24, 2002

"I hereby retire from Mafia"
Please turbo me if you catch me in a game.
:argh: WaffleImages :argh:

1990 BMW 750IL

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/cto/844080649.html

This thing has got to be worth more than $900 fixed up right? 120K miles and all it needs is head gaskets?

Too bad the head gaskets are $125 each and the rest of the gaskets are $200 total. And god forbid one of the heads is cracked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzakon
Nov 24, 2002

Grimster posted:

It makes me wish my garage were built and finished instead of waiting on the damned bulldozer guy to show up and start work. I'd offer him $700 and go get it and start work on it, even though I don't have the technical know how or all of the tools yet.

Acworth is pretty much on your way to Road Atlanta. Drop the Rabbit off the trailer, drive it home, and have the wife haul the 750 home in the truck.

Arzakon
Nov 24, 2002

This cannot be serious... http://atlanta.craigslist.org/cto/871998900.html

$13,500 (But I want $17,000) for a '97 Mustang GT plastered with Saleen and Cobra Decals, lovely vinyl seats, a broken odometer, and no cats. Not to mention a major front end collision repair. There is no way I can't reply to this posting.

"1997 FORD MUSTANG GT CONVERTIBLE. DARK GREEN EXT. WITH TAN CONVERTIBLE TOP.

NEW TAN VINYL INTERIOR. HERE IS THE ENTIRE DESCRIPTION AND EXACTLY WHAT I KNOW ABOUT THIS CAR. I HAVE OWNED THIS CAR SINCE 04/07. I BOUGHT FROM A DISTRESSED SELLER. THE PREVIOUS OWNER OR OWNERS HAVE SPENT A LOT OF MONEY ON THIS CAR. I CAN'T GUARANTEE THE MILEAGE BUT FROM THE (AUTOCHECK VEHICLE HISTORY REPORT I RAN) 68,000 MILES IS PRETTY ACCURATE. THE SPEEDOMETER QUIT WORKING FOR A VERY SHORT TIME BUT I HAVE HAD THAT FIXED. THE AUTOCHECK VEHICLE HISTORY REPORT SHOWS THAT, ON 04/11/02, THE MUSTANG WAS INVOLVED IN A WRECK AND HAD A FRONT IMPACT WITH ANOTHER VEHICLE RESULTING IN SEVERE DAMAGE. I HAVE OWNED HUNDREDS OF CARS AND BUILT CARS AND THIS CAR DOES NOT LOOK THE LEAST BIT AS IF IT’S EVER BEEN WRECKED. I BOUGHT THE CAR BECAUSE OF THE MONEY SPENT ON IT AND THE WAY THE CAR LOOKS AND DRIVES.

THE MUSTANG HAS BEEN MODIFIED TO LOOK LIKE A MUSTANG COBRA. IT HAS THE ("SVT COBRA EMBLEMS") MOUNTED ON THE SIDE OF THE CAR. ON EACH SIDE OF THE CAR AT THE BOTTOM OF THE DOORS ARE:

PAINTED DECALS THAT SAY ("OFFICIAL PACE CAR") THEN UNDER THAT ("78TH INDIANAPOLIS 500 MAY 29, 1998") LIKE I SAID THIS IS A KIT CAR. THERE WAS NOT A MUSTANG PACE CAR IN THE 1998 INDIANAPOLIS RACE. ON THE REAR OF THE CAR IS PAINTED ("SUPER CHARGER S351"). ON THE REAR IS AN ("INDIANAPOLIS SPEEDWAY EMBLEM"). HANGING FROM THE REAR BUMPER IS A FLAP READING ("SVT RACING"). AN AFTER MARKET ("CERVINI HOOD") WAS ADDED WITH A ("RAM AIR INTAKE AND "S351") IS PAINTED ON THE HOOD. ON THE FRONT BUMPER IS PAINTED, ("RACING 197"). THIS CAR WAS VERY LOUD WHEN I BOUGHT IT SO I PUT ON ("NEW MUFFLERS.") I HAVE PUT A COMPLETE SET OF ("NEW TIRES") ON THE CAR. THE ONLY THING THE CAR NEEDS TO PASS EMISSIONS IS (2) CATALYTIC CONVERTERS. I HAVE HAD ALL THE SEATS IN THE CAR COVERED IN ("NEW TAN VINYL MATERIAL").

I KNOW I WILL NEVER GET THE PRICE FOR WHAT I THINK THIS MUSTANG IS WORTH. NOR WILL I GET NOWHERE NEAR THE MONEY I HAVE INVESTED!! THIS CAR IS IN GREAT CONDITION, AS THE PICTURES SHOW, AND IT DRIVES GREAT. ALWAYS ADULT OWNED AND DRIVEN AS FAR AS THE CAR HAS BEEN AROUND.

THE OTHER GOOD THING ABOUT THIS CAR OTHER THAN IT (MUST GO ASAP!!!)
(THE INSURANCE WILL BE CHEAPER FOR THE NEXT PURCHASER). BECAUSE IT IS A (GT) INSTEAD OF A REAL COBRA. ANY INQUIRIES FEEL FREE TO CALL ME ANYTIME BEFORE 7:00 PM EST. I PREFER PHONE CALLS RATHER THAN EMAIL. CALL 770-461-0171 OR 678-614-0140. LEAVE MESSAGE IF NO ANSWER AND I WILL CALL YOU BACK. EMAIL ADDRESS: ksagon@bellsouth.net
WILL BE GLAD TO EMAIL MANY NICE PICTURES TO SERIOUS PROSPECTS.
NO WARRANTIES OR GUARANTEES ON CAR WRITTEN OR EXPRESSED VERBALLY.

WAS ASKING: &17000.00/ BUT WILL TAKE: $13,500.00 OBO!!! "