Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«5 »
Coredump
Dec 1, 2002
All I'm saying is that should be enough to arouse some suspicion is all.

Baby Hitler posted:

World Pac has everything, and if they don't maybe RockAuto or a model specific place can. I have so little issue with getting stuff for my Daihatsus that people don't believe me at all when I say I can get an axle in the same time as for an 89 Accord.

Tell me more about this world pac please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

As Nero Danced posted:

I know this isn't Craigslist, but I don't know what to make of this el camino:

Ad is here.

On one hand I know it's stupid, on the other I want it.

When I saw this I said out loud, "Oh my god, its beautiful." Needs a diesel.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

trouser chili posted:

Just picked this up off craigs.

$80 for six 12oz cans. Hell, 134a is more expensive at Autozone, commanding $15 per 12oz can.

That's a good price, but stop being a sissy and use propane.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

quote:

now i know this car is worth 15k + when the engine is fixed and the most that can be is 700-900 dollars so please don't text or call with your junk 95 Honda civic.

The car in question?

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

VideoTapir posted:

I mean the guy sounds like an idiot, and the car is obviously pretty ragged, but some of his trade requests seem pretty reasonable.

I was just laughing at 1) his super low-balling of how much its going to take to get the engine running right on that FD

and 2) he says "now I know this car is worth $15,000". Yeah, maybe if it was in good running order and wasn't beat to poo poo on the outside. As it is now? Give me a break.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

AlternateAccount posted:

Uhh, there's four seats, 3 are fine. That's 75% fine, 75/100, he's rounding DOWN. Hurrrr

TWO, there are two seats, ha ha ha

Coredump fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Jul 13, 2011

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/...2719844810.html

somebody as a penchant for AMX.

So what is the yellow car in the bottom right of this picture?

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

fingerling posted:

Maan, I've been looking for Mk 1 Golfs. I don't really ever look into Mercedes', but holy poo poo. This is very tempting. 1992 Mercedes 300E.
http://sa.gumtree.com.au/c-Cars-Veh...QAdIdZ339278708

Got no clue how to screen cap. drat.

Press the prtscn button on keyboard, open paint, paste image, save as Png, upload to imgur, bask in internet glory. Assuming you're on windows.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

BrokenKnucklez posted:

This is AI. Owning 2 cars is a minimum. I mean, I have 2 and I want more punishment.

Man not according to the EV thread. You should only have one vehicle that does everything you would ever need a car for ever.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Throatwarbler posted:

"additional soft top"? So it has a tarp that you can stretch over the roof instead of the targa top? I don't remember that being an option.

A foldable soft-top that you can stow in the car. Calling it a "tarp" makes it sound more crude than it is.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

slidebite posted:

That thing will probably sell no problem.

Also, holy gently caress that front war bumper

Its for parallel parking by feel.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

I've always heard the reliability on those things sucked. I know its a Ford Mondeo shipped over here, but still never heard good things about them for staying together.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Well its either hilariously overpriced turd bucket that someone thinks is worth way more than it is, and thus got posted. Or its a cool quirky car that someone has a fetish for, and thus got posted. Pretend its a CYOA and pick which ever option makes you happy.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Weinertron posted:

I think it's a cool quirky car, and it looks better than most of the other sub $2k cars on Craigslist! I've never actually seen a 70s generation Fiesta, and I guess I thought they were rarer than they are.

Hey man, you ain't got to justify it to me.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

leica posted:

Old Fiestas make awesome race cars. I'd give the guy $800 for it and turn it into a track rat.

Old Fiesta, new Ford 3 cylinder ecotec. Makes me drool.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Tai-Pan posted:

Seriously. Cash only. I would never accept any kind of check.
When selling my wife's Corrolla there was a lady trying to buy it and wanted me to schedule an appoint to meet her at a bank. gently caress that, it was $4,500. I am not taking off from work.

Who whinges about $4k in cash?

Carrying anymore than $1000 in cash is a huge gamble. If the stars align and you get pulled over by the cops and they find out about the money, its gone.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Oh poo poo we got a bad rear end over here...

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Awww. Now kith.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Don't have to pay property taxes on the civic.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Get 4 kirkeys or preferred racing buckets, a hi-lift jack, and a winch on the front and enjoy the gently caress out of that thing. Maybe convert it to 3 pedals if possible.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Presented without comment
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/4341343033.html

And now,
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/sat/cto/4336705490.html

Coredump fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Feb 20, 2014

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Guys, guys... that Malibu wagon was pretty sweet though right?

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

BlackMK4 posted:

Not I, I was busy crashing my brains out at AMP today. Too bad, especially after browsing through that build thread.

AMP? Atlanta Motorsports Park? I thought you was out west.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

BlackMK4 posted:

If anyone comes across a clean E30 2dr non-vert or a Protege5 somewhere west of Texas for <$4k let me know... I'm having issues finding anything and am now in a time crunch.

Spend a little more and buy my 240

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

BlackMK4 posted:

Details? I've had two of them and wouldn't mind another. I'm half tempted to settle for this car: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=300624

It this thing:

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

blk posted:

So I've only made one car purchase long distance before - the buyer was about to take a road trip in my direction so I paid him a miniscule deposit after a friend checked out the car, and a week later he delivered it to my door where I paid him the full amount.

I'm now looking at buying long distance again - the price is good and I'd like to close the deal before someone scoops it up (AP2 S2000 sold by not-a-car-lady). A goon is checking out the car for me in the next day or two, but how do you guys recommend I secure it?

I was thinking of giving her $100 to hold on to it after I make an offer she accepts, but someone else could come make a better offer between then and the time I pick up the car, and she'd have no obligation to honor our deal (or return my deposit). Alternatively, I'm worried about putting money down and having some unpleasant surprise with the car when I go to collect, and not getting my deposit back there (and being out a round trip airfare).

So yeah - what's best procedure here? I'd like to swoop down there and just buy it now, but I have a packed schedule before leaving town at the end of the week, so it's vulnerable to other buyers for a few days.

Is an escrow service a thing for this?

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Gold? Not Gold?

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/4413032624.html

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

IOwnCalculus posted:

"Restored".

I do not think that word means what you think it means.

On eBay here. Of course I'd probably be tempted to take it at $5k and get it repainted ASAP, but if it's at $7500 with reserve, he wants too much money for it to boot.

If there was ever a car crying out for Ford's Ecoboost 1.0L inline 3 it's the Opel GT.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

WTF how are you guys getting that cheap? How cheap could you get the aluminum block versions?

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

VideoTapir posted:

Craigslist doesn't do Boolean searching. You can get around that by using an RSS reader that has Boolean searching. Google Reader had it, that's gone. I don't know what the best option is now.

Also, I got my RSS feeds via Crazedlist, which is also gone. So basically the tools I used to use to do the kind of search you want don't exist anymore; but the principle is still sound.

Umm, yes it do. I just did a search where I united two search terms with a pipe character "|" and I know the minus works as well. Fo sho.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

If I was putting it in an ad the idea would be it passed inspection for me, should do it for you. Now you have a baseline to assume the condition of my shitheap.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

blk posted:

This is pretty neat http://boise.craigslist.org/cto/4481042391.html

I'm too lazy to make a screenshot for you lazy bastards.

If I had lotto money Ford Focus dream build:
Get the Kugel performance kit to convert Focus to rwd but keep the 4 cylinder. Then take it to Griggs racing to let them re-work the suspension. Hoon.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Method Loser posted:

EDIT:
Or was he the annoying prick who was a nazi about people 'not being able to handle their bikes' and smashed while overriding a highpo (R6? R1? Busa?) bike on public roads. Maybe that was it.

The R6 guy you're thinking of may be Abunchofnumbers, aka Backpanther. A man incapable of listening to the advice of others. https://encyclopediadramatica.es/Abunchofnumbers

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Wait backpanther died?

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Maybe it not his car at all. I hear back in the day people called those "We buy junk cars" numbers on cars in people's driveways when they weren't home.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

I need to learn to read.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

13 INCH DICK posted:

Somebody give me 500 dollars thank you

You don't have a paypal or kick starter set up so we can't. Also, what will you smoke if we do? I say catnip laced with black widow juice.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Man this seems awesome. Too bad its on the other side of the country.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Get that poo poo and enjoy your street legal death trap go kart. It will be hilarious and terrifying. Hilarifying if you will. (I stole that from somewheres)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Yeah that was definitely Craigslist Gold. Craigslist Gold has a duality aspect to its nature. Either extremly awful or extremely awesome. And some things are so extremely awful that wrap back around to awesome.

«5 »