Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

blk posted:

When you guys are buying something you want a PPI on, do you ask the owner to do it, or does it usually fall on you? I'm looking at flying to pick up something and don't want to be disappointed when I get there.

I would think it falls on you. There's mobile places that will drive out to the car to inspect it. Ace Inspectors is such a place in Atlanta for instance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

I think if you really want to trawl for gold you gotta do a search for pictures, rwd, and manual. Set the price minimum $500 and max $2500 or what have you.
1980 Dodge Aspen with a slant six and a stick. $2000

Or this clean as hell Isuzu Amigo $1800

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Rhyno posted:

I would drive the gently caress out of that Aspen.

You're not alone brother.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Other than the fact I would never be able to afford it what's wrong with the Front subframe, rear subframe, and drivetrain chosen? Don't those all work very well?

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

I don't have $1500, someone get this:

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/5492162881.html

Coredump fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Mar 15, 2016

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

slidebite posted:

That's gotta be a scam, isn't it? Are Full size mid 90s Broncos really that cheap in the southern US?

Yeah it's too good to be true. I did a quick search for bronco's and the going price is $5-8k and in much rougher condition.

Coredump fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Mar 15, 2016

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

I just want to import an Miata NB coupe. I would go thru the trouble of trying to swap all the US stuff into it.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

edit: doublepost wtf.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

KakerMix posted:

Yeah this, to get the car into the United states means you'd have to smuggle it in and even after 25 years it was still smuggled and subject to crushing. I am on Florida and have thought about smuggling one it but the risks are too great. I might use the storage service or see if I can have some friends in Japan rent me a garage or something a few months before it's build date comes up.

I wonder if you could bring a car over as long as it was non-functional. Claim you were wanting it for art or something.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Did any post this chevy 350 Jaguar XJS? http://atlanta.craigslist.org/sat/cto/5542188999.html

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

No link to bus ad? For shame.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

This Ford Falcon on Craigslist caught my eye, pretty neat looking car right?
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/5543133975.html

quote:

Very solid body there is no rust what so ever on the outside or underneath the car
Does anyone see what I see in one of the other pictures of this ad?

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

That's what I'm thinking. It sure does look like grass thru a hole in the loving floor.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

There's a fairly clean looking Honda CRX that popped up on the side of the road on my way to work that is for sale for $3500. Is it worth it to anyone for me to snap a few pics and put them up here?

Coredump fucked around with this message at 15:21 on May 21, 2016

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Here are pics of that CRX. Other than the busted fender car looked pretty clean. Guy let me crank it up and it idled smooth if a little high in the rpms. Said it was his son-in-law's car and english was not his first language so he couldn't tell me a whole lot. Car is located on Hwy 20 between Azalea Dr and Russell Rd in near Lawrenceville for any Georgia goons.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

I don't have the room or the cash, so if one of you guys have the opportunity go for it.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

I thought about posting the pics to ImportAtlanta to get the guy more exposure. He seems pretty nice. But then I realized if I do he'll probably get ripped off as someone would be likely to come around and just take it off the side of the road. :smith: Car has been there for a week now.

Coredump fucked around with this message at 15:23 on May 21, 2016

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Carth Dookie posted:

Buy the dude an SA account. Only the gentle tickle of goon satire can save him now. I don't know if the thread would go in AI or E/N though.

What if he turns out to be a closet racists like the mustang guy?

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

1500quidporsche posted:

Why in God's name would you go into debt for a car project, much less a moonshot one like this that will have zero value to others. It's just baffling :psyduck:

If I'm ever in the position to have the space to own and work on a project car you just wait. I'll blow your mind with the series of poor financial choices I'll make.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

You leave project Binky alone!

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Scam?

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/5617081636.html

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

VideoTapir posted:

Seems like a reasonable price. Image isn't showing up elsewhere on TinEye, probably legit.

That's $10k less than what I see a fastback of that year go for in Georgia/southeast. Durn.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Yeah I would love to find a "Concours" level 69-70 fastback for $24,400. Or an "Excellent" condition for $16,700. I don't know where Haggerty is getting these numbers. I mean I skimmed their page on how they get their numbers but I haven't seen any of those prices reflected in any of the places I've been looking over the last few months.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

VideoTapir posted:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odk...ack&_sacat=6001

Hard to be sure just how good some of these are, but Ebay prices line up pretty well with theirs.

Yeah there are some Mustang fastbacks selling in those price ranges, but not for the corresponding condition. I'm not seeing "excellent" Mustang fastbacks for ~$17000.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

But in this case Hagerty's prices are low to what I've been seeing in the last few months? :confused:

Edit: Yeah if I could find a 69-70 Mustang Fastback in excellent condition in blue for less than $20k I'd be all over that.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

VideoTapir posted:

300ZXes were never that popular for ricing. A clean 240SX would be your unicorn.

Hi.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Delivery McGee posted:

To be fair, he didn't say what Ducati, but I'm pretty sure 130mph is fairly conservative for any Ducati built in the last 40 years or so.

Ehh, their naked standards like the Monsters, may top off around there just due to the gearing they have and aerodynamics. Also, I want a viper now.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Joe Mama posted:

and junk yard engines are cheap as poo poo in true GM small block fashion.

Except for the aluminum block ones.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

The '77 game was fun. Maybe do it by birth year?

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

There's enough left for a Miata kart.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Rhyno posted:

The best looking Civics ever made.

That's not an eg hatch.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

I don't know, but its a beautiful thing.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

I'm finding that if I just want to browse what's out there and see decent ads putting in odometer limits cuts out a lot of crap ads. Sure I'll miss the gems but what I do see is usually decent quality.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Powershift posted:

Yeah, a large amount of the $1 cars also coincidentally have 1 mile.

Oh yeah. I start at 25000 miles on the low end. So like:
25000 - 125000 miles
Manual trans
500 - 5000 price
1960-2010
Clean title.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

What a handsome little motor. Needs a 2zz.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Hey a Suzuki SX4 awd with a 5 speed, I think some people are into those.
https://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/6006034779.html

Coredump fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Mar 1, 2017

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Ooooo, ouch. I just saw that too.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Octopus Magic posted:

Oh yeah content:

https://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/cto/5985097926.html

Cool swap but at the end of the day you're still driving a S10

S10's are fine. :colbert:

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

The King Cobra was cool too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Yes more 70's land yachts please. 2 door and 4 doors welcomed. I see a 4 door Ford Galaxy in my neck of the woods that looks to be decent shape that I like to window shop.