Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

subx
Jan 12, 2003

If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

orange lime posted:

I honestly do think that people just go "well I guess I took like 3 photos" and pick the last three images on their camera and hit upload. There's no other explanation that makes any sense. "Free gun with this motorcycle"? Or maybe "If you don't buy this I'll shoot you"?

It may be more of a "try to gently caress me over and I have this." I would call it somewhat appropriate considering the amount of dipshits reading Craigslist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

subx
Jan 12, 2003

If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.
So I just bought our winter driver on Craigslist, is it bad that one of my criteria for even bothering to contact someone was that they not have incredibly lovely pictures? I just kind of figured if they can't be assed to take at least a picture that's recognizable they didn't give a poo poo about the car.

Also that '78 not '76 Trans Am is not far from me, I should really go look at that.

subx
Jan 12, 2003

Negromancer posted:

gently caress I didn't realize that I could have gotten a AAA discount from carfax. Either way I got the unlimited one, so if anyone has a car they want to run send me the vin/plate.

My credit union was happy to run Carfax reports for me. Check with them, they might be able to help out as well. Unless you plan on running every car you see (I only sent him 2-3 cars over the few weeks that I looked), then you are better off doing your own than bothering your loan guy.

Also why I love a credit union over a bank - non-profit, so they are just looking to help you out and protect their investment as opposed to getting you to spend as much as possible and have a huge amount of interest.

subx
Jan 12, 2003

Residency Evil posted:

Similarly, I don't understand people who buy 10+ year old BMW/Mercedes and don't do anything to fix them. The car's 10+ years old. It needs a suspension refresh at the minimum, and probably bushings/etc. If you're not willing to put in the work to do that why not just buy a low mileage Kia? Because then they wouldn't be able to say they drive a BMW.

Because a 10 year old BMW is still more comfortable and aesthetically pleasing than a new Kia? Yea they really should be getting those things done, but if they don't mind the ride being shittier than is necessary, that's up to them.

Oh hey content:

subx fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Feb 4, 2014

subx
Jan 12, 2003

Q_res posted:

Ha, that guy has been trying to sell that T-type for over 6 months. The price seems to randomly bounce between 12k and 14k.

Seems like the sort of car you should really have on eBay or something, not local listings.

subx
Jan 12, 2003

Pham Nuwen posted:

I like where he acknowledges that those words at the end don't describe the truck, he's just a scumbag doing 2003-level SEO poo poo.

Yea, but because of craigslist's awful search function they actually work.

subx
Jan 12, 2003

Hey all it needs is a new motor!

subx
Jan 12, 2003

At least they seem to have done the actual work to make it look good. Body panels all fit, that's a big step up from most Fieros.

He won't get anywhere near what he is asking for it though.

subx
Jan 12, 2003

What's with the advertisement cars thing? I've seen a few around here, what is the appeal of having some random company/brand plastered all over your car?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

subx
Jan 12, 2003

So what you are saying is that if you exempt the exemption you get exempted?

I could never live in California, I'd be so frustrated with the bullshit.