Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lyesh
Apr 9, 2003

el topo posted:

The photoshopped highlights are particularly classy. Really, how can you not buy that car?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lyesh
Apr 9, 2003

Wandering Idiot posted:

http://nashville.craigslist.org/car/708628083.html

87 celica gts - $5000 (nashville)

Nice. Just nice. About $4500 overpriced nice. No pictures, unfortunately, so it's not even worth posting the screen shot.

Edit: Forgot the header.

Hey, maybe it just leaks oil and doesn't need a full engine rebuild. Ever think of that?

Lyesh
Apr 9, 2003

timb posted:

Someone had to have that painted on there as a "Miatas are gay, amirite" joke, right? I mean, there's no way... Right? :psyduck:

Maybe it was just owned by a teenage girl in her unicorn phase.

Lyesh
Apr 9, 2003

quote:

If you have one to trade please make sure its in near perfect condition,no old a busted stuff please!

quote:

I also have a brand new tailgate that goes with it you just need to buy the hardware

Do I get to count his truck as busted because it needs to have the tailgate bolted on? It's obviously old unless this guy goes by AI-type rules, but I do wonder how big of a hypocrite he is.

Lyesh
Apr 9, 2003

slidebite posted:

Hey man, EVERYTHING has been replaced. I see no reason to question this guy. :colbert:

...or serviced. Should ask him which of those happened to the frame :kiddo:

Lyesh
Apr 9, 2003

VideoTapir posted:

I'm not entirely sure what the deal here is. Is the price 7500, 1500 of which does not go toward paying off the car? Or is she asking 9 grand?

For a 110,000 mile Focus.

http://mohave.craigslist.org/cto/1955535099.html

Looks like she owes $7500 on it and has $1500 of "equity." If you give her $7500, she's just give you the car without making you pay the "equity," but you can also pay for that "equity" and she'll let you take over payments instead.

It's an amazing deal. Truly.

Lyesh
Apr 9, 2003

That's amazing. Sure it would make my Miata seem like a drag car, but still!!!

Lyesh
Apr 9, 2003

Popete posted:

Ok whats up with this car? I'm assuming something must be horribly wrong with it for it to be so cheap or am I missing something?

Its a 2002 BMW 325i with 99,000 miles on it for only $2,900?

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/for/1986900706.html

It's a scam. Plug the VIN into google and there are a few other delisted craigslist ads from denver and youngstown that turn up.

edit: umm, yeah. What he said!

Lyesh
Apr 9, 2003

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/mcy/2262838361.html

Yep... just another Fiero.

Looks like the safest Fiero ever. Too bad he didn't leave in the airbags though.

Lyesh
Apr 9, 2003

McMadCow posted:

That's an odd take on the meaning of the word "new". :crossarms:

Hey, it wasn't in the car before so it's new to it.

This does raise a question though. Why in God's name would you disclose that you managed to gently caress up the old engine badly enough that it had to be replaced?

Lyesh
Apr 9, 2003

That's not quite as fun as the superfund site they're trying to pass off as salable land in NH (only a million dollars for hundreds of cars on 40 acres or whatever it was). Still pretty impressive though.

Lyesh
Apr 9, 2003

I paint mine.

Lyesh
Apr 9, 2003

That bit about $2500 is almost depressing. The dude wasted so much money and time on the car and yet is left with something that he should expect to get scrap value for.

I am impressed with the chutzpah in writing "drivable, just needs to be finished" though.

Lyesh
Apr 9, 2003

Throatwarbler posted:

ITB status: still adorable :kiddo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lyesh
Apr 9, 2003

Psy890 posted:

"the engine is in good shape runs perfect except that its not running"

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/cto/2641378268.html

this entire post is amazing:

quote:

My mercury cougar has around 140-150,000 miles on it. The engine is in good shape runs perfect except that its not running because either the battery isn't holding a charge or the alternator needs. replaced. Other than that the car runs it just that the fly wheel has to either be replaced or have some teeth tac welded back on cuz its missing at least ten the last time I checked out of 100!! There is rust underneath the door its not rusted all the way through just the bottom of the frame on both sides!!! I have had the transmissions lines replaced also the hoses for the coolant as well as one of the pulleys less than 10 months ago!!!