Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Telven posted:

How does a timing chain break in under 11,000 miles anyway?

It's a Maserati Bi-turbo, probably one of the least reliable cars ever made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Cage posted:

Dont most sports cars and supercars come in automatic?

In short - automatics back when that car was made were absolute poo poo, whereas automatics made today (especially those aimed at sports/supercars) are really really good.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

animeliker posted:

I own a MR2, it is exaggerated (although maybe it is more prevalent in the Turbo models - mine has a NA Camry engine). However it can happen in other cars, I had it happen to me in my 1990 Integra during autocross.

Happened to me in my '92 MR2 turbo. Was going around a long turn, lifted off the gas a bit too much and before I could react I was spinning. Luckily there was no one around and no damage done to it. To this day I'm still very cautious going around corners with any kind of speed, despite driving better sorted cars now.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

SperginMcBadposter posted:

So would this be like a confirmed deathtrap to you? http://shreveport.craigslist.org/cto/4632818365.html
Because I've been thinking about getting something that cheap to gently caress around with.

It has been in both front and rear end collisions that did significant damage and there's wires laying in the open in the interior. If you're looking for some scrap metal it may be a good idea but past that I doubt it.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

quote:

I have a modified 5.0 1995 clean title standard tranny mustang engine has been cammed and big heads for the drag strip rear end gears car need a lil body work and. Tranny is about gone engine wise no issues must go make a decent offer car will start and drive wherever. Please dont waste my time with stupid offers engine is worth 4000 itself just looking to get something back thankyou

Hahahaha he thinks the engine alone is worth $4k.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

rscott posted:

it's got 110k miles and a rebuilt title

And gross chrome trim around the random colored body panels, and probably tons of other stuff wrong with it. $6800 is probably asking a lot for that car honestly.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

I'm honestly shocked it doesn't have GTR badges covering every visible surface.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

I hope that ferrari is actually a fiero as well.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

I like that it's mostly just pictures of the seats. Ad should have been for the seats, with the car for $1400 more.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

I was honestly expecting this to be listed for > 100k.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

I want 90k for this car. Here's a few bad pictures of it sitting on a lawn, thanks!

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

davebo posted:

That's the kind of car I'd definitely like to see someone just convert to electric and tool around silently at night.

I like that it has the classic 'just needs a battery and an quick fix to run again!'

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Wow they'll write a bill of sale for no extra charge, what a steal!

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

slidebite posted:

Someone call them up and prank them or something? Dumbfucks raised their price $10k... now $60k :lol:

Wow we're getting tons of views!! So many people interested! Better raise the price it must be too low right now!

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

PeterCat posted:

Wow that car had everything didn't it?

Everything but reliability, comfort, and power.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

What are the odds he tried to fix those things himself and absolutely hosed it up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Nebakenezzer posted:

This vintage vehicle is in a perfect working condition and is ready to take you back in time to deliver you an unforgettable driving experience.

I mean, at least they warn you in the post. Oh, you took unforgettable as a good thing there?