Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.
http://maine.craigslist.org/cto/2859978339.html

And people don't believe me when I say we have rednecks in Maine.

quote:

This is a 1988 Suzuki Samurai that is in need of work.This is a project with great potential, but I have lost motivation and interest. When I bought this is was a complete non-running mess, but it has come a long way. A lot of it was hacked together. For example, the manifolds are plumbing pipe, transfer output is wrong, many welds are pretty bad. The steering is off and needs to be adjusted so it can turn right.

This has some real potential for somebody looking for project. The vortec 4.3 came from a 1995 blazer and it runs fine. It has exhuast right through the hood and a snorkel--guy before ran it in mud runs. The transmission is fine and the transfer case works, but I would swap the transfer case that outputs on the correct side. The front suspension uses repacked samurai springs and very low mile yj shocks. The rear uses low mile yj springs and new shocks that have a ton of travel. Front is shackled and the rear has shackles with missing links. This thing has a ton of flex. Toyota axels. Everything is SPOA. Dovetailed rear. Roll bar. Rear mounted radiator. 35" non matching tires that hold air just fine. Rugged bumper.

This mud buggy / rock crawler has plenty of power and tons of flex with all the items, but just needs to be gone through. Look up the price of these parts and the conversions. A perfect start for somebody looking to build very capable offroad vehicle.
I will include a standard transmission with a transfer case that drops on the right side, some flowmaster exhaust I was going to install and manifolds for the right deal.
e-mail works best, but my phone is

I cannot transpot this vehicle. Cash offers are best. All offers should have a day when you can pick it up. Please don't waste my time.

Trades: This vehicle is worth 1400 or more, so your trades need to be worth that much. A 1995 snowmobile in the spring is worth 800. I will be fair, but please do not treat me like an idiot. Only projects I would consider are a Mako boat hull, late sixties impala with a solid quarters or maybe 2004+ snowmobile. Intrested in perfect new style rims to fit gm muscle car, air compressor plus cash or impact tools, spray guns, enclosed 3 place sled trailer, tig welder, outboard motor and cash depending, 2 kayaks and gear plus cash or boat.

I welded the link bar today and these pictures are old. I may adjust the steering over the next few days too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

Lord Gaga posted:

Alt+Print Scrn then paste into MS paint is what I have always done.

You dont need to hold Alt to make Print Screen work.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.
People keep posting "4.0 Cylinder" motor or engine in their Jeep ads. Is it a 4 cylinder or a 4.0?

:iiam:

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

That looks like a badass fixer upper. Talk the price down a little, throw some new parts at it and do a little work.