Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

IOwnCalculus posted:

I'm not sure who to blame more, Barrett-Jackson for driving the market through the stratosphere, or opportunistic fucks like that who probably still sell a few in spite of themselves.

Honestly when I see things like that I wonder if it's a husband running a scam to keep his wife at bay. "Hey baby I'm trying to sell all the cars all over the property you hate but no one is buyin em"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

keykey posted:

I want to know how hosed the interior exterior is.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-tool-storage-bench/london/powered-workbench-for-sale/1123854330?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

The Cobalt thread is kind of sad because the dude seems to really have some sort of sad obsession with this project.

quote:

With that list is a cost sheet which includes a $11,000. payment due now with another $20,000. needed to finish the project. For those who have followed this project know that my wife has allowed me to get this far and she has been my greatest supporter. I found difficult to tell her that I need $30,000 more after everything that was already poured into this project. From the look on her face and the sadness in her eyes, it is fair to say that the project is through. I tried guys but I can't justify putting my wife through more of this loss by asking her to pull more from RRSP's.

then

quote:

...but the wife and I worked out a plan to go forward with the project. The plan requires a lot of overtime for me as well as belt tightening. I am also going to have to end up doing work that requires some help from people with automotive metal/paint/wiring skills as the money runs out at that point.

then

quote:

As far as the project goes, I have been making some head way and I am learning to do things I have not done before. The truth be told, I have reached that point I had hoped to never get to, I am broke. I am actually losing ground to the debt that I am in so I work at learning new skills to finish what I can.

It just keeps getting worse :(

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

Whenever I watch project binky I hope that the reason it takes so long to make an episode is because they're non-stop fabbing awesome poo poo for real paying customers.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

rally posted:

Looks like a steal to me

To be fair Maxima's are really good beaters

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

"95 eagle talon tsi all stock expect for" should be the new thread title

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

Powershift posted:

What about "never been in an accident, bumper, hood, and fenders were voluntarily painted a slightly different shade of silver."

I took a co-worker to look at a silver "one owner, accident free" Corolla and the passenger side door had one of the worst paint jobs I've ever seen. Little slivers of red paint showing through around the trim and door handles which I can only assume was caused by someone attempting to use painters tape to mask a fully assembled junkyard door. Also the passenger headlight was crystal clear and the bumper had fingerprints in the paint.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

The saddest ad I've ever seen was a dude advertising his E36 5 speed that he couldn't drive anymore because he had a stroke and his left leg was too weak to use the clutch. I didn't go to see it because there was too much sadness.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

I'm still a little shocked at how many shitheads the old G35's attract

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

"the price listed is the estimated selling price" = they are trying to get you to show up so they can sell you something for more money, and that car is not going to be only six hundred bucks.

It's an auction listing so the $600 number is a bullshit number they produced out of thin air because they have no idea what bidding will be like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

Popete posted:

"truck works very good has a manafold leak and needs a little back fram work body is in amazing shape"

Might be the most contradictory "sentence" I've ever seen in a car ad.

Body in incredible shape don't worry about the bed being a few inches higher than the cab it's just a little fram work