Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NinjaTech
Sep 30, 2003

do you have any PANTIES

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

upload it to https://www.imgur.com

someone's selling the farm

Kind of funny how there is no mention of the plane in the picture. Anyone know what it is? It looks pretty cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinjaTech
Sep 30, 2003

do you have any PANTIES

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/2782595309.html

I want this in the most unreasonable kind of way.
Oh god, I'm right there with you. I would love one of these, especially in pickup form. As well as a Subaru 360. My dream is to have a stupid race against a subaru 360 and a honda n360 to see which is better.

NinjaTech
Sep 30, 2003

do you have any PANTIES
http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/2850364634.html

Seems a little spendy to me but kinda neat. Wished he showed more of the turbo set up. The description is kind of funny though.

NinjaTech
Sep 30, 2003

do you have any PANTIES
It seems to be a new feature of the site. The ads I have up converted to that format.

NinjaTech
Sep 30, 2003

do you have any PANTIES
It's practically a Morgan.

NinjaTech
Sep 30, 2003

do you have any PANTIES
What the gently caress is wrong with people?

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/4308698801.html

NinjaTech
Sep 30, 2003

do you have any PANTIES
This seems like the place to ask. Do you guys think I'm asking too much for my 85 12a RX-7? I've only gotten two bites on it in the last few weeks of it being listed. I've got it listed at $2500, if any local goons are interested I'd let it go for $2000.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/cto/4764981623.html

NinjaTech
Sep 30, 2003

do you have any PANTIES

Meydey posted:

I am in Seattle, love Mazdas (1st car was an RX4), need an extra car and...just bought $7k of kitchen cabinets. gently caress

*edit* Double gently caress, I drive past there on my way to work every day

I just bought a house which is part of the reason I'm trying to sell it. I kind of need a truck instead. Especially since I already have a RWD Isuzu Impulse project that I need to finish and take the place of the RX-7.

So you guys think I have it priced right then? I don't usually have this hard of a time selling cars in this shape. I'm guessing it's the whole 100hp 18mpg thing that's hurting it the most.

NinjaTech
Sep 30, 2003

do you have any PANTIES

Leperflesh posted:

I was going to tell you to take a picture of the car outside on a sunny day with a pretty scenic background, but then I remembered you're in Seattle, so sunny days don't exist.

Still, the garage is pretty grim.

Also, you might try using broken english with terrible grammar, cut back the number of photos to two, and call it's miles "original" on the basis that they are the miles that belong to this car originally. Then put two or three hundred unrelated keywords into a block at the bottom, and demand to only be contacted by phone without including your phone number.

I can tell from other posts in this thread that the above is the most common and effective way to sell a car.

Yeah, I'm going to change up the ad in a few days when I have some more time. I only took pictures in the parking garage since I work nights and it's already getting dark when I wake up. The rain doesn't help either.

I saw this guy in Portland looking to trade his 82 Starlet for something RWD. Even though I want a truck I might go see if I can get it. Seems like the more AI route to me. http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/cto/4787462767.html

NinjaTech
Sep 30, 2003

do you have any PANTIES
I'm going to check this caddy out later today. The owner says it's got a mk1 gti engine and transmission in it. He also said he'd take $1200 for it. I'm guessing that the idle issue is from a vacuum leak. Hopefully no one messed with the CIS adjustments on it. Any reason to not buy a cheap caddy?

I still don't get how people take such terrible and useless pictures.

NinjaTech fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Jan 10, 2015

NinjaTech
Sep 30, 2003

do you have any PANTIES

1500quidporsche posted:

The roof would be my biggest concern. Also don't be drawn in by the GTI engine, it was the main engine in the Scirocco for a few years. That aside have fun. Mk1s are a blast.

Is there a part of the roof that rusts out? I never saw anything on my old Rabbit GTI or mk2 Scirocco. I'm not really drawn by the JH swap, it's just a little bonus having a familiar engine and the 5spd transmission in there.

NinjaTech
Sep 30, 2003

do you have any PANTIES

1500quidporsche posted:

Sunroofs tend to rust and the seals are impossible to replace. Was thinking of the cabriolet for whatever reason. Just make sure the syncro isn't hosed on 2nd or 3rd, reverse gear will probably be chipped, I've yet to see a non rebuilt 020 without one.

Well I picked it up for $1200. There isn't a sunroof or any rust that I could see. The title says it's red and I could see some red paint poking through in the rain gutters. It's weird though since the engine bay is black and looks like it might be factory or had been done a long time ago. It came with an extra MSD coil, pair of mk2 seats, euro style bumper, duckbill spoiler, what looks to be raceland front coilovers, rear drop plates, new ebrake cable, and some various small parts in a box. I didn't get to drive it since it was running super rough when I tried to get it to run. I'm thinking it's probably timing related and off a tooth. Overall I think it was a pretty good price for a cool little pickup.

NinjaTech
Sep 30, 2003

do you have any PANTIES

PCOS Bill posted:

Cleaned up the engine bay/removed everything and painted it while they did the engine swap? (I hope I'm not brain farting as I read this and thinking of a different car)

That's what I'm thinking but there aren't any red spots poking through anywhere. It looks light grey under the rain tray. Who really knows what's been done with it over the last 33 years though. I don't care that much about it, just thought it was odd.

1500quidporsche posted:

$1200 is what I paid for my Scirocco. Mine had somebody hacksaw off part of the springs to lower it which then blew out the suspension, some body kit which I'll never put on and just sits collecting dust, and a relatively rust free body with the original paint color. Engine wise the guy for whatever reason swapped out the JH engine for a JH engine with emissions controls on it, and some transmission with the worst gearing in the world that was noticably heavier than the 020 I put into the car.

I'm losing the battle with the rust to the canadian winters though, I'm probably going to need to learn how to do bodywork this summer. :smithicide:

I'm probably just going to go with a stock suspension on it. Maybe some regular lowering springs. The racelands that came on my mk4 golf were pretty terrible and 2 were blown shortly after I got it. Right now I just want to get it running properly. All the timing marks seem to line up. Now I've got to see if it's getting spark. It seemed like it was getting fuel since the plugs were wet when I pulled them out. It got dark by the time I got to that point so I stopped working on it. The only rust I found on the caddy today was on the battery tray. I'll have to address that in the near future.

NinjaTech
Sep 30, 2003

do you have any PANTIES
My guess is that it's a circle track car. The front tires seem really wide for any drag car. I haven't seen it at any SCCA races in Portland either. Seems like a lot of work to put a lovely 2.9L V6 in there.

NinjaTech
Sep 30, 2003

do you have any PANTIES

88h88 posted:

This is a first gen CRX with 2nd gen headlights. If this hasn't gone already someone needs to buy it immediately and save it from being modded.

This is a second gen, so the red one is actually worth a buttload more... $3k is a loving bargain.

I'm failing to see how that's a bargain or screaming deal on a face lifted 1g CRX Si. It doesn't have 2g headlights, those are completely different. The fender is hosed and good luck finding one that isn't cracked. The paint looks ok but is chipped up on the front. Finding parts for them is a pain in the rear end too. At least the header panel isn't broken and it doesn't have the wacky 80 vacuum line carb my old 84 had.

NinjaTech
Sep 30, 2003

do you have any PANTIES

blk posted:

http://eugene.craigslist.org/cto/5847351990.html

What would you guys offer if everything checks out? Owner claims the new 4AGE has roughly the same mileage as the chassis.

Also BTTF 3 jokes etc.

"all I did was swap the engine. It is all original, unmolested" :what:

It's definitely hit something with the paint damage on the bumper. There's also some weird damage or rust on the corner of the rear quarter panel that I'd be concerned about. I'm not really a fan of the 85's with the black bumpers and the lack of spoiler on it. My 86 aw11 looked a lot better with the color matched bumpers. If the interior is in good shape, engine work looks good, and the damage doesn't seem too bad I think $2000 or somewhere around there would be good.

I'm not sure what he's talking about with the no luggage rack comment. I can't recall that ever being an option.

NinjaTech
Sep 30, 2003

do you have any PANTIES

blk posted:

So I went to test drive this a couple of weeks ago and learned the following:

It was purchased by the PO from a scrapyard because dead engine
He had a local mechanic swap in another 4AGE of unknown mileage in a hopeful flipping opportunity. He estimates that the engine is roughly in the mid 100s which sounds like bullshit guessing to me.
PO is a country boy who runs https://www.oldschooltoyota.com and seems short on technical knowledge and high on enthusiasm
The car reeked of gas when I test drove it, he thinks it was a leaky injector. I test drove it and it other wise felt mechanically fine other than the back end getting squirrely on an easy banked curve at about 50 mph. That concerned me. Still, no 2nd gear grind or any of the other common issues.

I passed on the car based on the leaky injector thing.

Here are pics I took of rust and paint issues. The flaking on the front bumper cover is concerning but the car seemed straight underneath.

Anyways I got a text from PO today saying the injector was fixed and he'd sell it to me for $2k.

Since the world is ending my enthusiasm for cars has dropped and I'm considering moving in 6-12 months anyhow depending on how things look. That said, this wouldn't be a financial burden and I've always wanted an MR2. The only clean up it needs on the interior are a couple of trim pieces on the center console.

Anything here that concerns you? I'm thinking of pitching $1250 and buying at $1500 if he'll play. Might even take her to Maaco or junkyard source some better bumper covers if I can. The car is otherwise fairly clean and has a MR2OC member on the title who owned it before it was junked, I guess.

If you're willing to make the drive up here I'd consider this 87 with 160k on it. just get rid of the decals and see if the paint can get cleaned up.
http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/5858407044.html

NinjaTech fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Nov 12, 2016

NinjaTech
Sep 30, 2003

do you have any PANTIES
Oh, well I didn't see the no reply ad. I don't get those people on craigslist.

That red 85 looks super clean. I didn't link it since it seemed high priced. I think you'd be lucky if the guy would drop 1k off his asking price but it's worth a shot.

I also saw a 5sfe swapped 85 at a junkyard in kent yesterday. Pretty banged up but it was cool to see an uncommon swap in a car like that.

NinjaTech
Sep 30, 2003

do you have any PANTIES
Actual gold. I'm pretty tempted to get this instead of being responsible and getting a beater prius/civic hybrid. It's close to 10 years since I sold my 86 AW11 too.

NinjaTech
Sep 30, 2003

do you have any PANTIES
I found the ad by searching AW11. :confused:

NinjaTech
Sep 30, 2003

do you have any PANTIES
There were automatic Insights, they're just rare. I think they end up topping out at 60mpg where a manual can touch 100mpg with hypermiling if you have time for that crap.

NinjaTech
Sep 30, 2003

do you have any PANTIES
How tall is the 1.0 Ecoboost? I've been wondering if it's a swap option for the Suzuki Cappuccino for awhile. It's been getting more difficult to get some parts for them lately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinjaTech
Sep 30, 2003

do you have any PANTIES

Powershift posted:

They are ridiculously tiny engines. but the 1.5 i3 is far more plentiful and seemingly more reliable.

I know they're small but modern engines are typically a lot taller. I was wondering about the total height to see if it would still fit under the hood.