Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hermsgervørden
Apr 23, 2004
Møøse Trainer
Um, this used to be a dream car for me, I have always loved the styling of the 2002.

This one is in the free section of craigslist, and will be scrapped at the end of the day tomorrow if no one takes it.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/zip/d/san-francisco-1974-bmw-2002/7239676066.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hermsgervørden
Apr 23, 2004
Møøse Trainer
From the folks who brought you the U2 spy plane and the SR-71 Blackbird:

DRAGON WAGON

I see this posted every once in a while on the heavy machinery section of bay area craigslist. It's been for sale since at least 2018.

If I didn't want to remain married I may have bought it and a little plot of land somewhere to park it. It's maybe the only truck I have ever wanted.

There is a youtube video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oz_faXYIItk

Hermsgervørden
Apr 23, 2004
Møøse Trainer
Hot Tub in the back? For sure!

This one is special

Convair 240 Airplane-RV Conversion with International Diesel Engine $27,950 posted:

Odometer: 9800
VIN# 14R show contact info
Engine: International
Transmission: Automatic
Description
this is a great item to place on your property and rent it out as an air bnb then take it out for a weekend trip!
The ‘’Andromeda’’ is for sale. I’ve seen many RV’s in my time, but THIS ONE takes the cake! How cool would it be to live in an airplane converted into an RV. Think you could live in something like this…? All off grid possible, powered by 50 amp landline plus generator and solar power, this would be a very unique way to live sustainably. Enjoy a few drinks in your personal Jacuzzi in the living area inside the main body of a real retired aircraft. Andromeda is registered with the state of California, albeit as a 1979 Pace Arrow motorhome. A rescued 1957 Convair 240 airplane became 1980’s motorhome with full amenities, and even a hot tub! The tail section ramp raises and lowers electrically. A huge berth is located in the overhang including electric fans , stereo and you can open the roof and sleep with the stars. There are also bunk beds located in the plane located behind the cockpit, the plane sleeps 4. Also included is a bathroom, and a kitchen. Built on a heavy duty Diesel chassis with International diesel engine.
The plane cockpit has two seats and is drivable on both seats.
Built in the early 1980s by Tony Tosta and Jason Von Straussenburg. Jason, with help from Tony and others, renovated a 54-foot airplane, took out the undercarriage and replaced it with the inner-workings of a Pace Arrow motorhome. Dubbed the Andromeda after the Ethiopian princess of Greek mythology, the plane was parked behind the auto house on Trigo Road, where Jason worked. It was hidden behind some bamboo and brush, but being a huge airplane. Andromeda is registered with the state of California, albeit as a 1979 Pace Arrow motorhome. The Andromeda can cruise down the freeway at a comfortable 65 mph The Andromeda even had its brush with fame. When Toad the Wet Sprocket came to play in Santa Barbara in the ’90s, they used the Andromeda as a sort of greenhouse.There is plenty of storage in the cargo area. The plane/RV needs some TLC and paint job to make it perfect.

edit, it's worth clicking through, because I am not going to reupload all the pictures, but someone else absolutely should imo

edit edit

link
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/avo/d/ventura-convair-240-airplane-rv/7302585656.html

edit edit

fine here's the gallery
https://imgur.com/gallery/jz2s9N0

Hermsgervørden fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Apr 12, 2021

Hermsgervørden
Apr 23, 2004
Møøse Trainer
The most amazing thing about it is that it purports to be road legal in CA and I just don’t think it would fly here.