Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

Aeka 2.0 posted:

a customer of mine, who has a Bently, ive seen it, rebadged his Nissan Titan with BMW logos, even the steering wheel.
You sure the "Bentley" isn't a Chrysler 300 with an aftermarket grille? Common conversion among the hip-hop crowd, I hear.

Now I want to put Toyota Prius badges on my '84 Crown Vic. Or on that '65 Mercury sedan I've been looking at (and praying the only reason it hasn't sold in a year is because of the 390's abysmal gas mileage).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

iwentdoodie posted:

Wouldn't happen to be a white 65 Monterey, would it? There's one in Gladewater for $2500.
That is indeed the one. Only $2500? I thought it was more than that. Maybe he lowered the price since I stopped and looked a few months ago. Hell, for $2500 I might just have to buy it on principle. (I've wanted a '65 Mercury since the first time I saw a picture of one, though I'd prefer a convertible in one of the higher trim levels, but hey, white sedan = cop car :cool: )

Edit since you don't have PM or email listed: Do you know any details on it? I've only stopped and looked in the windows. If so, drop me a line at deliverymcgee [at] gmail.com

Chillbro Baggins fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Jan 3, 2008

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

Kotaru posted:

I can't make heads or tails of this from the photo, but it's a "1981 cadillac pick-up".

http://easttexas.craigslist.org/car/555664294.html

It's a "flower car," sort of an open-topped hearse.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flower_car

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

VideoTapir posted:

Taking pictures at night makes the car look MYSTERIOUS.
The passenger door is probably made of a shipping pallet and some beer cans. Probably more lion-proof than the camel, at least.

Edit: Dallas!

http://dallas.craigslist.org/car/530447583.html
$16000 for a luxo-muscle-yacht that nobody's ever heard of! At least it's got the pre-emissions 429. What kind of gas mileage does that get? Probably requires premium, too.

quote:

1969 Mercury Marauder X100 (all original) show winner. 429 cu in 360 hp automatic. Split bench seat with column shift. Immaculate inside and out. Completely reblt original transmission and new a/c compressor (both about 2000 miles ago). Approx 96,000 original miles.
FoMoCo odometers only go to five digits, so I'd want proof that that shouldn't have a 1 or 2 in front of it. It's a show winner though, so somebody may actually pay that much for it (unless the show it won at is the Whataburger Cruise Nite, which wouldn't surprise me at all).

http://dallas.craigslist.org/car/571794340.html
$5200 in paint and body . . . on an '85 Chevy pickup (asking price $7200), which are only slightly more common than dirt around here. Also keyword spam.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/car/571947780.html
((((((((((((((( :iiam: ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
'91 salvage-titled Corvette, $10k invested (by the second owner since it was wrecked), selling because 16-year-old-daughter can't afford insurance. Also, a mouse ate the plug wires and an angry Sigtrap apparently wrote the ad title. Only $6500!

http://dallas.craigslist.org/car/555214614.html
Ad title: "2003 Mitsubishi Lancer! I know Price is high, but check it out! - $7600"
At least he's honest.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/car/543406425.html
TODAY ONLY!, eh?
Well
what
are
all
these
for
then?

They're out of order (The "TODAY ONLY" one is neither the first nor the last), but you can arrange them by the slowly-dropping price. Either this guy's really desperate to sell, or doesn't know how Craigslist works. Possibly both; he switches up the copy and pictures every time, at least. I think I may have skipped a few, too.

Chillbro Baggins fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Feb 12, 2008

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

Beerios posted:

But a '56 Cadillac pickup? I didn't even know those existed.

Could be a flower car -- sort of an open-topped hearse, for showing off the flowers on top of the casket. All the '50s ones I can find have a different B-pillar/back window design, but they were individually custom-built, so anything's possible. They did often leave the back door handles on when they converted them.

Edit: here's a '56 with a more normal back window.

Chillbro Baggins fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Feb 25, 2008

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

timb posted:

I don't un...derstand... Wh.. Why would you take a picture of an object and then take a picture of said picture on your digital camera's display?! :psyduck:

Maybe he lost the card reader and/or USB cable for that camera, and used a webcam to get it onto the computer.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

Seat Safety Switch posted:

My favourite part is the inexplicable rattlecan-black hood. There's a white Miata around here with the same thing -- my best guess is pretend carbon-fiber.

Performance cars with flat black hoods (and trunklids, but that's not applicable in the case presented here . . .) has been a thing since the '60s. Supposed to reduce glare or some poo poo, but in reality it's because it looked cool in 1969. Waffle's down, click link: http://www.seriouswheels.com/1960-1969/1969-Plymouth-Roadrunner-440-Six-Pack-Blue-FA.htm

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

Kurten posted:

From those pictures, there's absolutely nothing left on that car to restore.
If there's something with a serial number on it, you can restore it from that. I read an article in Motor Trend once about a "Model A" that was really just a sprint car with an ooga horn, and somehow street legal.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

bladernr posted:

Ok... I'll bite that it's a 65 Lincoln... but what happened to it? Looks like it's been shortened by several feet... and what's with the two hoods and that apparent gap between the motor and the firewall? (and the apparent wood firewall)?

I don't think the frame's been shortened, just the passenger compartment. Possibly planning for a Merlin swap?

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

MrYenko posted:

If it's properly done, paint will look WAY better, and last longer.

It's not properly done.

kastein posted:

http://nh.craigslist.org/cto/4390721893.html

Cliffs: almost rust free AMC Eagle Wagon in NH (!) that just needs a few basic repairs (!!) and comes with a 93 XJ with a manual transmission (!!!) as parts for an EFI 4.0 mantrans drivetrain swap (!!!!) all for... $1200 (!!!!!)

I'm not kidding when I say I will assist in any way necessary on a custom wiring harness to do that swap for goons who purchase this vehicle. Goddamn I wish I could pick that thing up right the hell now.
I wish I still had my wrecked SJ and its AMC 360. I love the Eagle wagon.

kastein posted:

http://newlondon.craigslist.org/cto/4380250074.html

$1500 for a deuce and a half in CT, needs minor work, who am I harassing into buying this?
Dang it's gone. Would ttly use it as an excuse to visit the in-laws and drive it back (SO's family is outside Albany NY, we're near Dallas).

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

About $20k more than I'd be willing to spend on such a thing even if done perfectly (and it's probably not, since it's on ebay and not Barrett-Jackson or whatever), but drat, the first-gen Mustang makes a fine-looking shooting brake. The engine swap and scoop are bit bit much, but I'd drive it every day with a stock 289 and hood.

Edit: maybe a 390 Interceptor. Wagons traditionally have the big engines, after all. :getin:

Chillbro Baggins fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Apr 5, 2014

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

Sindow posted:

i'm ron burgundy?

Where and how much does he want? A guy I knew back then had the 4-door version, it seemed like the best little truck ever, I want one.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

Don't military vehicles have a huge obvious data plate somewhere? Or is that only an American thing?

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!
Transmission, brakes, rearend, or all three are hosed, usually.

Edit: or it could be something else, which I guess if the fun part of figuring it out, eh?

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

I saw a brand-new Mustang pull up next to me at the gas station last week - still had the dealer sheet stuck on the passenger window. I took a look, it was the turbo 4-cylinder model... and it showed an estimated 20/30mpg for fuel economy! Is that for real?

To put it in perspective, I get 25mpg mixed city/highway in a 4.6L Crown Vic interceptor.

I dunno, knowing nothing about VWs myself, but "runs and mostly drives" is an even bigger red flag than "runs but doesn't drive" -- in the latter case, it's probably got one big obvious problem, but in the former it's on the verge of Bluesmoblie-at-the-courthouse.

I once checked out a mid-'90s F250 (from a newspaper ad, this was back before Craiglist) that "ran but didn't drive" and every goddamn vaccuum line was cut/broken. I don't even want to know why or what arcane majicks were required to make it fire (I didn't test-drive or even start it -- took one look under the hood and :getout: )

Larrymer posted:

And now, something awesome and cheap that I want terribly.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/ctd/4852839339.html

LT1, last year made and OBDII. And since it's a Caprice, it doesn't have the wood side paneling and weird side trim that the Buick Roadmasters got. It is the best couch on wheels. :allears:

I think the Buicks have a better engine? Though what was stock on the Buick was optional on the Chevy, and that may be it.

And some of us like the weird trim and fake wood :colbert:

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

Friar Zucchini posted:

http://augusta.craigslist.org/cto/4944236132.html

Rebuilt title and the hood doesn't line up. :negative: I wanted it so bad

I've always wanted an SSP Mustang, but there's a reason InediblePenguin calls Fox bodies "Rustang" and won't let me buy one.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

Friar Zucchini posted:

I'm in a part of the world where rust is pretty mild. Not SoCal nonexistent, but certainly not awful. As far as that goes it's probably fine, what gets me is the combination of a rebuilt title and misaligned hood. :smith: There's no easy way to tell how well a car with a rebuilt title got put back together, and that half inch by the right headlight doesn't give me much hope.

To be fair, InediblePenguin is from upstate NY, and has yet to adjust to being a Texan, where everybody is hilariously racist but at least cars don't evaporate into powder in 20 years.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

VideoTapir posted:

If you're going to go to all that trouble, why not find the right car before you get started?

[inset Boomerjinks joke here]

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

Sir Tonk posted:

How the hell do you fit a 390 in an Eagle? Are they talking a Ford 390? That's got to be impossible to work on.

AMC 390.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

NitroSpazzz posted:

I don't want to waste the guys time because I have no interest in buying it but I really want to look at it closer and see how badly it's been put together. Also want to do some burnouts in it.

Oh I've seen it, I expect build quality to be the same if not worse on this one.

Looks like the black one at least has air scoops for the radiator, unlike Roadkill's.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

bandman posted:

It's Boomerjinks, and I think it was a Dodge Magnum wagon Ecto-1. He has a YJ Wrangler like the ones in the movie too, or at least has a friend that does.

He had a Subaru-based Ecto-1 before the Dodge, and yes, the JP maintenance Jeep was his. Also was a member/founder of the local movie-car-cosplay club, which had some members with good (i.e., same make and model as the real thing) cars.

Edit: kinda surprised he didn't turn an XJ Cherokee into the JP tour car.

Chillbro Baggins fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Jan 25, 2016

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

keykey posted:

Naah, I think they're just mocking him for being Boomerjinks.

You Am I posted:

Eeeh, he was a bit of a prat and did rip off an artist by selling the artist work without the artist's permission
That.

IIRC the posters he was selling were designed by other people, he didn't do any of the art himself, just tried to make money off other Goons' art.
I used past tense because while he was alive last time I checked, I'm fairly sure he was banned over the poster-sales thing and hasn't posted much since.

I want it. Even if it turns out to be complete poo poo, at that price you could probably make your money back selling the axles and scrapping everything else.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

KakerMix posted:

Because they average 10mpg, I dislike early S-10s and will have an absolute poo poo load of miles on them.

On the other hand, there's plenty of kits out there to put a small-block V8 in an S-10. Last time LLVs came up, we got into talking about swapping the body onto a Syclone/Typhoon chassis/engine. :getin:

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

Actual gold? I have a Swedish friend who could FedEx me parts to keep it going until I can find a junkyard Mustang engine/suspension donor. Also, it's much safer in a side-on crash than my Crown Vic.

I'd prefer a wagon, but I'll take the Volvo 240 I can afford. If nothing else just to confuse my coworker who has a Nissan 240 project car.

Chillbro Baggins fucked around with this message at 04:10 on May 10, 2016

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!
I know the early Vipers were second only to Bill Cosby's Cobra in wanting to brutally murder you (well, maybe third, it's a close match between early Viper and N/A 427 Cobra), but:

quote:

I've done 130 mph on a Ducati while laughing into the face of death.

To be fair, he didn't say what Ducati, but I'm pretty sure 130mph is fairly conservative for any Ducati built in the last 40 years or so.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

BraveUlysses posted:

Manuel transmission, rarest transmission

Hire a Mexican immigrant to shift gears for you.

Wasn't 1-Adam-12 (at least in the best seasons) an AMC Matador? Fake edit: wiki says '67-'69 Belvedere, '71 Satellite, and '72-'73 AMC. So it's closer than the Subaru Ecto-1, but not by much.

Also I'm fairly sure there was never a cop car with a 273 2v -- that was the era of "cop car" being second only to NASCAR in option packages, every Mopar cop car in the late '60s had at least a 4v 383, and maybe a 440 sixpack.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

Powershift posted:

Probably 4mpg down hill with a tailwind. draftng an even larger vehicle.

I'm not sure a larger vehicle exists/is on the road without special permits. Actually doesn't 10' wide require a special permit, or at least the whole "wide load" shenanigans?

Cage posted:

I doubt this is an especially good deal but look at them fuckin louvers.

https://buffalo.craigslist.org/cto/5660513434.html
I've always wanted an Eagle. Jeep with a car body? Sign me the gently caress up. No way the 258 gets 30mpg though.

Especially if it's done in full-Jeep style. :swoon: Sort of the ancestor of the Local Motors Rally Fighter, or whatever it's called (the car body on a prerunner chassis.)

Rhyno posted:

I think I speak for all of us when I say

gently caress yo neighbors.
A Thrush glasspack is like $20, a real muffler's $50. Still fucks the neighbors, but is unloud enough to not get a ticket.

Elsa posted:

I would guess the boat was there to keep rain out of the gaping rust hole in the roof. Like, that's not an accessory that's a body repair. PS how many gallons per mile with those 12 psi tires :psyduck:
Yeah, one of those was my first car, and the vinyl face wood rots to look like the paint on that one. That big orange spot on the driver's door is the vinyl rusting.

Also mine got 13mpg AFTER I fixed the leaky fuel pump. The AMC V8s had all the torque, but not so much the efficiency. OTOH, parts are cheap, because it used the ECU/carb/distributor/alternator/starter and solenoid/AC compressor/brakes from a Ford pickup, the Mopar 727 transmission, and Dana 44 axles. Pretty much only the longblock, frame, and body were built by AMC, everything else was overruns from other marques, depending on year (in the '70s they had GM TH400 transmissions, in the '60s Buick engines, etc.).

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

I've always wondered, do the back doors on those things open? Do they have a tailgate?

I still want one either way. Back doors would be nice, though, like the hole for a golf bag in the side of some fancy '30s cars. Or the little round hatch in the side of old tank turrets to pass shells in instead of lifting them all the way up top to the people-hatches; instead of taking my suitcase in the front and lifting it over the seat to the behind-the-seat area, just toss it in from the side.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

So, you'll need the replacement decals ($400), probably an engine/trans rebuild or replacement (couple thou? IDK), all new rubber belts/hoses and fluids ($200 or so?), and, judging from the not-quite-closed door, a new interior (maybe a kilobuck to do it right?). So it'll cost another 3 grand at least to restore.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!
"Short bed Chevy" Has cam!!!! No rust!!!!

I know he means an aftermarket cam, but it still sounds silly. And if there's no rust, what's all that orange/brown stuff? :v: Just a passivating finish, ofc, aka "patina". I love the way it looks as-is.

But the improper use of quotes makes me hate him, so I'm too offended by that to actually buy it. Also he should probably have mentioned the banana-shaped hood (which, as I learned from Mike Finnegan, is just a normal sign of aging with that era of Chevy, but still.)

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

The Sicilian posted:

Different specialties different personalities I guess. People who gravitate towards acute emergency room work seem to be fast paced adrenaline junkie types. e.g. the hotshot trauma surgeons.
Makes sense, as does an OB/GYN being the type that would drive an old beater and put their money into savings or a nice house.

Man, the Prowler was such a cool-looking car (at the time, anyway). One of the managers at a store I used to call on had one (in 2015, so that thing being in mint condition as a DD had looped back around to cool again). Too bad it's a) a '90s Mopar and b) putting the suspension under the hood only leaves room for a mediocre V6. Although I'm sure somebody somewhere has stretched one and stuffed some form of Hemi in it, preferably a 426 with a 6-71 blower and zoomie headers.

Poking around on the local CL, and found a few cheap trucks:

I love the "patina" on this one.

Convert it back to gas, weld in new floorpans, and leave the exterior as it is, cut open the propane tank and turn it into a toolbox.

"Good engine and transmission. They just aren't put together."

"Body has a few small dings" Y'DON'T SAY?

What do you want to bet that's the (disassembled) transmission in the bed?

This one, the pictures aren't important (it's a $500 white '85 F150, looks about like you'd expect), but the text deserves quoting for posterity, I bolded the good part:

quote:

Truck was running 2 yrs. ago. Threw a rod on way home from town, drove home with good oil pressure and normal temperature, but making very loud noise. Has a quarter size hole in oil pan. Parked, took out battery and drained fuel out of both fuel tanks. Has been sitting since. Bought a second hand short block and is in truck bed under topper. It is a fuel injected 302- 5.0 engine with C-6 3 speed auto trans. Manuel windows, locks. A/c, heat, radio, work well. Has receiver hitch. $ 500. or possible trade. Price is with old tires and rims, tires and wheels in photos have less than 10,000 miles, will sell with for additional $ 250. Topper is not included in sale. Have extra parts. Will delete ad when sold.
The Ford 302 is right up there with the Jeep 258, Ford 4.9L, and air-cooled radials in refusing to die. Funny story about that, actually. I think I've told it on SA before, but it's topical:

My father once had an E150 work van of similar vintage that, by the early '90s, was on its last legs, but the boss (dad's brother) refused to replace it until it was stone dead. So Dad and I hatched a plan for automotive assisted suicide -- we drained the oil and coolant and fired 'er up. After about half an hour of the fucker chugging away like nothing was wrong (aside from getting progressively louder), we started to get bored and thought that maybe there was some oil trapped in there, so he poured a gallon of A/C coil cleaner (industrial-strength degreaser) into the oil filler hole. It got a LOT louder, but otherwise no change. Glaciers came and went, but that bastard boat-anchor LoPo 5.0 just kept on idling, happy as a clam, the rod knock and predetonation knock masking the fact that the idle had slowed significantly. Eventually we gave up and turned the key off.

It ran without spark for another minute or so, and finally wheezed to a stop. We gave it a few minutes to recover, and I turned the key as Dad called the junkyard to come pick it up. Guess what happened. it was completely loving seized, the starter just made that high-pitched whine electric motors do when they're prevented from turning. I kept trying until it stopped making any sound at all.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!
quote=/= edit, oops

Edit for content:

I'm assuming they tried to blur the license plate but things got out of hand. Or the camera is dying. And yes, the other picture is exactly what it looks like in the thumbnail, just a black rectangle. Most likely got corrupted in the uploading and they didn't look at it.

Chillbro Baggins fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Jun 10, 2017

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!
There's a cute lil' '62 Falcon 4-door at the local park-n--sell. Perfect interior, gray primer rubbing away to show dark blue underneath on the edges, nothing obviously wrong with it except the stock specs (tiny I6, 3-on-the-tree) and the asking prices on Craigslist and the like -- there's no price on the sign in the window, but judging from the market it's probably more than I'm willing to pay. Of course, were I a rich man, I'd buy it and swap in the biggest V8 that'd fit (starting with the 4.6L that I currently can't afford a replacement PCU for, or comedy option build it as a gasser to make a junkyard big block clear the front tires).

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

slidebite posted:

One of the most expensive cars to own is a cheap Porsche

It's like a free hotel room in Vegas.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

Snowy posted:

Would I die in a fireball if I drove this thing? It's sexy.

http://memphis.craigslist.org/cto/d/1977-ford-pinto-wagon/6246569429.html
Always wondered how bad the problem actually was, owning an '03 Crown Vic with a mostly-undeserved reputation for same (pretty much any car taking an 18-wheeler up the rear end at 70+ mph is likely to catch fire, you just only heard about Crown Vics because as Highway Patrol cars they were far more statistically likely to be parked on the side of an interstate.)

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

Snowy posted:

Throw some 8-bit logos on it maybe so it looks intentionally bad

Yeah, it's like a car from GTA 1 made real.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

KakerMix posted:

You build them on a VW chassis because those were everywhere and could be had for very cheap. You build them at all so you can have something that looks cool and unique that only took some time on your end to have. In the 1970s and 1980s you did, now VW Bugs are classics unto themselves where as before they were disposable garbage cars. All these kit cars that use them as a base are now weird relics of another time. Some, like the Manx dune buggies, are becoming their own sort of classics.

The reason classic cars are classics is because people trashed most of them when they were just old and cheap. My father's first car was a '57 Chevy coupe, and at the time he was ashamed to be driving a ten-year-old car to high school. A few years later, he and his buddies would buy '59 Chevy pickups for $50 and run them into the ground over the weekend doing stupid poo poo. When he met my mom, she had a '73 Nova SS. While I was gestating, they sold the Nova to Mom's cousin and got a more family-friendly car (a Ford Fairmont wagon, which is also kind of a thing nowadays). Said cousin promptly wrapped the Nova around a tree.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!
I've oft considered putting a Triumph engine in a Metro, because the best engine swaps keep the original number of cylinders and have twice the horsepower (in the same vein, a crazy-built Cummins 5.9L in a Hudson Hornet.).

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

Garage2Roadtrip posted:

I hope you're talking Rocket III

Sure, it'd fit, but it's funnier with the 1L I3 because:

Colostomy Bag posted:

Sounds like you are referring to the Urba Centurion kit car, with the infamous Kubota 3 cylinder.

Sure, whatever, the Speed Triple is just the engine I know of that has thrice the power as the original Metro engine with the same number of cylinders and about the same displacement..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

KakerMix posted:

EDIT
To continue the weird cars

My ex had one of those as his second car, and loved it (after the Subaru with no brakes caught fire, but that's another story). Sure, the sunroof leaked (it was fixable under recall but his dad had already DIY-fixed it by caulking it shut by the time they got the recall notice), and the steering wheel came off while driving twice, but he still regrets selling it to the kid up the street.

Speaking of which, if we don't have a "cars you've sold that you regret selling" thread, we should. I've got a(nother) story for that.