Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Petekill
May 14, 2005

Where's Hammond?
Well I'll call him!
Ask him if the car is in your snack bracket. That will tell us for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petekill
May 14, 2005

Where's Hammond?
Well I'll call him!
I always love listings that say "invested $X, but willing to let go for $Y, this is a steal!". You see a ton of them, but this one takes the cake. It's a 2002 Saturn SC2 2 door, mantran coupe, pushing 1.9 liters of fury:

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/car/562212523.html

If that's not enough, he made a webpage listing all the sweet mods:

http://www.public.iastate.edu/~rajat87/Portfolio/car.html

Here are some choice cuts:

Optomistic Man posted:

I am sure the pictures tell you a lot about it. This car is exclusive - no wonder it was sponsored by Girls Gone Wild for a 2 day period in California - nothing like what you see on the road everyday. Let me tell you why..!

Street racer posted:

I have street raced a lot in my life and so, when I got this, I thought to myself, its got to have something more to it.. So, its got:

* A Performace Exhaust
* A Cold Air Intake
* A Speed Boost on its 3rd Shift :psyduck:
* A speed chip
* Its computer programmed by group of 8 professionals who did this exclusively for my car.

I am not good with money posted:

I bought this car for about $12K and have spent close to $18K just on customizing it..

He's asking $16,000 for it....For a 6 year old plastic car that is currently worth about $4000. I have to hand it to him that he kept the exterior relatively tasteful...but drat son, you spent 30 THOUSAND DOLLARS on a SATURN.

Petekill fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Feb 4, 2008

Petekill
May 14, 2005

Where's Hammond?
Well I'll call him!

DropShadow posted:

A couple things I hate about that post. First, it's in Kansas City, where I live now; and second, the "car page" is an Iowa State University student page, where I went to school :cry:

Anyway, I read all the stuff he said about it, but I still don't see where all the money went. It's still got hubcaps, for christ's sake.

The price is right on, though, since he says it has $59000 miles. What a deal!

It's a sleeper! That's why it's got hubcaps!

We should have a KC AI meet, except that I'm in Arkansas right now for school. I think there are at least a couple other AIers living in the KC/Lawrence area.

edit: if you read the page, he flew in people from all over the country to work on the sound system and remote start install. And it's got parts from JAPAN!

Petekill fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Feb 4, 2008

Petekill
May 14, 2005

Where's Hammond?
Well I'll call him!
Obviously a fakepost, but I got a good laugh out of it:

Click here to view the full image