Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
I want to firebomb that car just to put it out of its misery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Darchangel posted:

Uh oh.
"It was a northern car, so there is some rust."

Northern "some rust", or southern "some rust"?
Not that I'm anywhere near it. that just sort of shouted out to me.

You noticed the lack of pictures of the undercarriage, right? We're talking Northern rust. They're selling because the subframes and body are probably swiss cheese and they overinvested on other repairs.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
At that price you could buy a crate 22RE from LCE with whatever compression pistons you want, put a turbo on it, drop it in any $300 Hilux with a W56 and save 3k and not have the least lovely of the slushboxes from that era.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Larrymer posted:

I just think it's funny that people are nostalgic for things like this and pay so much money for them. Reminds me of this guy that met his hero, realized it was poo poo and then sold it (albeit still for a profit). His stuff is a good read, like a literary wheeler dealers episode.

https://thegarage.jalopnik.com/here-s-exactly-what-it-cost-to-buy-and-rebuild-an-old-t-1795160777

I have Toyotatruckitis and have spent shitloads of money on my 88 Pickup that still doesn't have a bed, or wheels, etc... :downs:

E: I paid $350 for the truck itself though.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Oh God he's making me want one again.
The parking brake light that is constantly on because the handle pops loose every time you hit a bump. :swoon:

:getin:

That faint sound in the distance? That's the siren song of a 22R calling out to you.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

958 miles on the odo.

I feel bad for that car.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Take off one zero because there is no way those rockers aren't rotten cardboard and the 3VZ that will be under its hood will probably need headgaskets.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

sneakyfrog posted:

been like 20 something years since ive seen that show

You should rewatch it, it aged well. It's easily one of my favourite shows and I rewatch it from time to time.

Also, as much as I love Alda's Hawkeye, Donald Sutherland more perfectly embodied the character.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

22 Eargesplitten posted:

There's a version without the laughtrack out there somewhere. Way better. Not sure if it was a DVD release, or a particular channel, or what.

Actual gold?

I have no idea what the prices are like on these, but unless it's 90% bondo and JB-Weld, I would think a 97-year-old car would be worth quite a bit.

Wait, I just noticed the end of it. "Come alone?"

I can't remember where exactly, but I read an article last year about how you should be able to get a road worthy T in good condition for around $5k.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Powershift posted:

55 FURIOUS horsepower at 4200 RPM giving it a top speed of 130 km/h and a 0-100km/h time of 29 seconds.

So the throttle has two positions then, that simplifies things.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Popete posted:

The 2.3 is not a powerhouse but it's reliable and better than the V6 they threw in them of that vintage.

The 2.4 is not a powerhouse but it's reliable and better than the V6 they threw in them of that vintage.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Nitrox posted:

Then pay another $1200-4000 to ship it, go through customs, and start working on the registration process, the length and expense of which will vary by state. Then $300-1200 to deliver it from port to your actual destination. The discover undercarriage rust holes you didn't see in the auction photos.

I bought plenty of action cars and it's always a gamble unless you're personally present at the auction.

He's literally starting an import business and has bought several vehicles in the past few months, including three which arrived a few days ago. So far the worst things has been internal damage to a Rugger's wheels and a lot of dirt. So far the best things has been a LiteAce with an ice maker and lots of diesel Toyotas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

StormDrain posted:

Choose your fighter.

Rpo v22 1985 GMC for me.

1984 standard chevy.