Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«3 »
i own every Bionicle
Oct 22, 2005
cstm ttle? kthxbye

san_dingo posted:

Here's one for the RADL:

http://spokane.craigslist.org/car/738000583.html

Ok, so you have the coin for a 383 conversion, a "Stage 2 shift kit" , but no time or money to get it tuned? Sure, I'll be right over.

He says it has a blower. Where is the pulley for it? And 430 hp from a 383 with a blower is pretty loving lame... You can easily get 400 from a NA 383.

I think it's just a tunnel ram, which is a tuned intake that raises the carb/air cleaner way up. You can put a butterfly set on it, like this guy did, and it looks like a blower to the untrained eye/ear. Usually, however, it fools passersby, and not the owner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i own every Bionicle
Oct 22, 2005
cstm ttle? kthxbye

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

http://richmond.craigslist.org/cto/2379913630.html

lambogeni doors?
well... poo poo.

Normally simple misspellings aren't that funny, but lambogeni, stanless exsualts, and custom interer are on an entirely different level.

It reminds me of this:

i own every Bionicle fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Jun 1, 2011

i own every Bionicle
Oct 22, 2005
cstm ttle? kthxbye

INTARNTS RAED

i own every Bionicle
Oct 22, 2005
cstm ttle? kthxbye

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Well, if your confused as to how your car works, its best not to own a car. Also this car must be Muslim, because it works in ALLA, the country. (please don't flame me muslim goons).

http://desmoines.craigslist.org/cto/2463782557.html

On the other hand, it really is a nice 7 series, I always lust of owning one of these.

Screencaps, dude!

"AND MANY MORE THINGS THAT I DONT IVEN KNOW HOW TO USE THEM" is my favorite part.

i own every Bionicle
Oct 22, 2005
cstm ttle? kthxbye

Motronic posted:

This must be preserved for all time.

It's like he used Dragon NaturallySpeaking with a mouth full of rocks.

i own every Bionicle
Oct 22, 2005
cstm ttle? kthxbye

at least this dude is honest posted:

I'd be willing to trade for...other British car or bike stuff, that sort of thing.

So clearly he's into masochism. Maybe he would trade the car for a good whipping?

i own every Bionicle
Oct 22, 2005
cstm ttle? kthxbye

Well since he appears to have typed carmro with his face then it's likely that he meant to ask $3000. If not that would be an awesome beater or, assuming it's a V6, candidate for a LT1 swap.

i own every Bionicle
Oct 22, 2005
cstm ttle? kthxbye

Terrible Robot posted:

Hmm yase, seems structurally sound enough.

Welding conduit is awful as well, you have to grind off all the zinc poo poo on it or you get big brown turd welds and the vaporized zinc gives you headaches/cancer.

Anyway, shopping for a used WRX is just incredibly painful. Hey, let me take a picture of my car covered in salt with no lighting. There's also an STI around somewhere that a guy wants 25 bitcoins for.

http://nh.craigslist.org/cto/4325075712.html

i own every Bionicle fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Feb 19, 2014

i own every Bionicle
Oct 22, 2005
cstm ttle? kthxbye

Baram posted:

That's only $6250, someone should jump on it.

Looking for bitcoin auto sales is amusing as hell.

http://burlington.craigslist.org/cto/4294621813.html

i own every Bionicle
Oct 22, 2005
cstm ttle? kthxbye

The meme of ironic overselling on craigslist is pretty tired at this point but that one was really well written and funny. It actually makes me want the car too.

i own every Bionicle
Oct 22, 2005
cstm ttle? kthxbye

Terrible Robot posted:

Yeah, that looks legit. NASCAR teams usually build a bunch of cars for each track/testing purposes, as spares or to test a new setup or whatever. If they don't work out or aren't used, they tend to sell them off for shockingly low prices. The school I went to had dozens of old NASCAR cars, most in full race trim, picked up for a pittance or donated. One was only half a second from qualifying for the Daytona 500, so they just wrote off the whole car.

I know that at least a few years ago (not sure now) that Limerock was flooded with Craftsman Truck series race trucks that were picked up for a pittance. Very powerful and simple racecars if a bit weird.

This looks like a fine vehicle for sale by an upstanding person:

http://nh.craigslist.org/cto/4360694587.html

i own every Bionicle
Oct 22, 2005
cstm ttle? kthxbye

New Hampshire is truly the South of the North

http://nh.craigslist.org/cto/4362276265.html

Looks fun (and dangerous) as hell.

i own every Bionicle
Oct 22, 2005
cstm ttle? kthxbye

BoostCreep posted:

Super rare factory turbo Mirage. Cheap too!

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/ctd/4367266217.html

That looks cool. Growing up, one of my dad's friends had a turbo Colt (same car). It's a 4G63 I think. That car was pretty quick and a lot of fun, and also a constant source of swearing and tears.

i own every Bionicle
Oct 22, 2005
cstm ttle? kthxbye

Oh man that is awesome. A 20 year old truck with 157k is totally worth 4500 because NASCAR

Screenshot for posterity:

The steering wheel cover is pretty goddamn

i own every Bionicle
Oct 22, 2005
cstm ttle? kthxbye

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/4375640562.html

Beautiful wagon:

quote:

This car was originally a 530iT with a 3.0L V8 and automatic transmission. It came loaded from the factory as the top of the line (and most expensive) BMW Touring at $50,490 in it's last year of production (11/95 prod. date). Factory equipment includes full Parchment leather interior with power/heated front seats, dual front airbags, split/fold down rear seats with rear pet net that separates the cargo area from the passenger compartment, cargo mat and retractable cargo cover, dual zone climate control, 6 disc changer, 10 speaker stereo (now 12) with 8 channel amplifier, factory alarm with remote entry, double pano sunroof, power/heated mirrors, ellipsoid head lights, fog lights, heated door locks and washer nozzles, radio antenna integrated into the rear side glass, etc... everything works.

All work to create this vehicle has been performed by a BMW Master Technician at the largest BMW dealership in the region using BMW documentation, OEM parts, special tools, and equipment to factory standards to create a vehicle exactly as it would have been built by BMW if they had ever offered this car. No special fabrication was required to perform this conversion so all parts used are available off the shelf directly from any BMW dealership should any service be required in the future. Fault memory can be read out normally. All parts used are 100% compatible. No corners have been cut and attention has been paid to BMW heritage in the planning of this project in order to create something very special but also in keeping with BMW tradition.

Professionally refinished in Imola Red (e39 M5, e46 M3/ZHP, e53 4.6/4.8iS, Z3 M coupe/roadster, e85/86 M coupe/roadster), with staggered 18" M parallel wheels as fitted to the e34 M5 in later production. Winter tires are available in 245/40R18-F, 275/35R18-R Blizzak LM-60 and Summer tires available are Continental ExtremeContact DWS non-runflats in 225/40R18, 255/R35R18 and Potenza REO50A rft in the same size. The engine chosen was originally installed in an e38 740i and mated to an automatic transmission making it less likely to have been abused in it's previous life. It was disassembled for a complete inspection and reseal before being installed in it's new home, about 3k mi ago. It had covered a very easy 40k mi before the donor vehicle was totalled in a rear end collision. The engine was very clean inside with original cross-hatching visible on all 8 cylinder walls and absolutely no oil sludge present in any part of the block or heads. It's only down 29 hp on an e34 M5 but is up on torque by 68 lb-ft. In addition it has a 6 spd instead of a 5. The suspension is the only system where aftermarket components were used. Dampers are Bilstein Sport and springs are H&R. Every other part of the suspension is tight or new. Anything that was not perfect was replaced. There is still room for improvement and personalization with more great factory and aftermarket upgrades available. Before the extensive reconditioning this vehicle underwent the chassis had approx. 160K mi on it. It now has about 2k more but I am driving it some as I just can't resist. All reciepts are included showing over $5,000 in parts and a reciept for the paint totalling $9,700. Total labor involved is well over 60 hrs @ $130/hr. ($7800+) not including paint and body labor. This totals almost $24,000.

All parts used in the conversion of this vehicle from an automatic to a 6spd manual are brand new with the exception of the transmission itself which was a very low mileage unit from a 540i (same transmission found in an e39 M5). From the pedal pads to the pilot bearing all clutch components, hydraulic and mechanical, are new. The shifter is a B&M short throw and like the clutch system everything is new. The shift knob is exactly the same as used in the 1 series M coupe, current production M5/M6, and E46 3 series ZHP.

All engine and trans mounts, exhaust hangers, gaskets, spark plugs, filters, fluids, and hardware are brand new. The windshield is new Pilkington glass as used on new BMWs. All other glass is original and professionally tinted by the dealer. It isn't super dark but gives the car a more modern look, some practicality, and is very high quality. Even the winshield wipers are new and the washer pump itself has been replaced. The final touch is all new emblems and badges. I also added the 4.4i badges to the front fenders were they are found on the e53 X5 that carries the same engine. The mass air flow sensor and all 4 oxygen sensors are also brand new.

The only aftermarket components on this vehicle are the aforementioned dampers and springs, a very high quality custom fabricated cat back exhaust using a magnaflow muffler (stock cats are still in place and all factory mounting points are retained), Sony audio head unit, and 2-12" MB Quart (German) carbon fiber subwoofers w/ a MATTS Pro Audio amp making the audio system 12 speakers with all channels indepenently amplified by either the factory amp or the added sub amp. These subs and the amp are extremely high quality and were extremely expensive.

All original tools, jack, spare, etc... are still in place, I have all the original owner's manuals, service book, the leather case that all the manuals came in, all keys that came with the vehicle including walet and valet keys. The flashlight in the master key still works. Complete warranty repair history is available.

This is a very unique, reliable, versatile, and powerful vehicle. It is a great alternative to anything new if you love wagons, BMW performance and classic styling. The fuel economy is quite good especially considering the power that this car offers. I average 20-25+ miles per gallon. Obviously it's easy (and fun) to bring that down a lot but even with some pretty regular "spirited driving" I get around 25mpg. While this car does not offer prius fuel efficiency, it's far a better choice from an environmental standpoint. If one considers the massive resources used to build any new car I think it's easy to justify restoring and driving a car like this rather than letting it end up in a junkyard like the disposable vehicles built today inevitably will. I am selling this car because, as fun and unique as it is I really want to do something with a V12 : )

Update! I have added undercarriage shots (I was not able to clean the underside of the car but it should be clear that there is no rust and there are no leaks), and also took the car for a fresh emissions test yesterday. The car passed with flying colors. Emissions are the best indicator of the state of health of an engine.

i own every Bionicle
Oct 22, 2005
cstm ttle? kthxbye

The ad for this stupid Audi made me chuckle: http://nh.craigslist.org/cto/4393354611.html

quote:

hello there, I have in my possession a 97 audi a4, along with the car comes a sweet turbo charged 1.8 liter gasoline motor. shes a 5 speed so it has a third pedal and you control what gear she needs according to the speed your moving, like when I hit 160 mph I usualy shift into third, you get the point. it is all wheel drive so its great in the snow rain mud grass leaves, you name it you bet this vehicle can overcome it. this beast also comes with tow hitch, looks a little whimpy so I wouldn't tow anything larger that a 2 place car trailer with it. it is red in color so it you already know this things fast. it has prime heated tan leather interior with some minor scratches on the driver seat. The car does not need much to be on the road rippin around because ive put some sweet parts on already such as;
I have painted the rims so they can handle more horsepower
the tires are fresh out the box, still smell like rubber
the exhaust on this thing is a brand spankin new catless 3 inch stainless steel (like what they put on the refrigerators) and it sounds like a one of those super cars you see on the television.
the intake on it... I kept is simple because I didn't want too much horsepower but It has a cone air filter and it sounds pshh pshhh pshhhhhhhh you get the point
it has stickers that have added some noticeable power
I have also added a few coats of paint to a few motor parts to make them faster

the bad
needs a windshield, but who needs to see anyways.
needs a powersteering pump but if you lift weights you should be fine
could use some coilovers, or stock suspension if your into men
has a check engine light on for o2 sensor because real men have cat less exhaust
due to all the horsepower the driver side front cv clicks but I just run it anyways

like I said up top, this car is red so you already know its fast. then take a look under the hood and WHOA is that a 1.8t!??! well yes it is. just added 500hp on top of the 250hp from it being a red car. but that's not all, its all wheel drive, so that means when you really feed the corn to her, ya know really give her the berries she can like do one of those burnout drift things.

im looking to trade for more of a daily driver like a Lamborghini, gtr, or ferrari. but I would settle for a Honda civic as long as it has a lot of stickers so I know its fast. but the car I really want like more than a civic (if you can believe that) is a jetta or gti preferably lowered already or fast or both would be cool too.

remember she does burnouts so make me am offer I can't refuse, and I probly won't refuse it. Thank you for your interest in my vehicle.

i own every Bionicle
Oct 22, 2005
cstm ttle? kthxbye

Very tempting deal on what looks like a clean E30 if anyone is interested:

http://nh.craigslist.org/cto/4406953670.html

i own every Bionicle
Oct 22, 2005
cstm ttle? kthxbye

The description for this Loyale made me laugh:

http://nh.craigslist.org/cto/4417753743.html

Perfectly acceptable price for a beater too.

i own every Bionicle
Oct 22, 2005
cstm ttle? kthxbye

Snitchtard posted:

You could run it into the dirt, sell it for scrap and still come out ahead.

drat right, when I sold my rusty old Cherokee a few years ago I got about five calls offering me $300-350 to scrap it. Instead I sold it for the same price to a dude who patched it up!

i own every Bionicle
Oct 22, 2005
cstm ttle? kthxbye

I will never understand the appeal of fake kit cars. If you are going to build something, build something that's not already a totally different thing. How do you deal with the embarrassment after people realize that it's got the same motor as a Grand Prix?

meatpimp posted:

ASKING $31,500 OBO

i own every Bionicle
Oct 22, 2005
cstm ttle? kthxbye

http://nh.craigslist.org/cto/4425460262.html

quote:

Would make a great project for boat or hotrod.

i own every Bionicle
Oct 22, 2005
cstm ttle? kthxbye

KozmoNaut posted:

"Twin Turdo", indeed.

I want to call him up and say that sixty-five hundred sounds like a fair deal, mind if I stop by and take it for a test drive?

i own every Bionicle
Oct 22, 2005
cstm ttle? kthxbye

http://newyork.craigslist.org/que/cto/4417569700.html

LeMon's car base?

i own every Bionicle fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Apr 18, 2014

i own every Bionicle
Oct 22, 2005
cstm ttle? kthxbye

Tai-Pan posted:

Where is the suspension?
Also, is it an illusion or are the brakes not connected to anything?

I thought it was a running promotional vehicle, but on closer inspection it appears to be just a prop or something.

i own every Bionicle
Oct 22, 2005
cstm ttle? kthxbye

Super bitchin e30:

http://nh.craigslist.org/cto/4382426340.html

i own every Bionicle
Oct 22, 2005
cstm ttle? kthxbye

Mighty Horse posted:

http://hartford.craigslist.org/cto/4428528524.html

Just when you think you found it all, click on another pic.

and I wasn't even searching "custom"

This is awesome. My favorites:

Air filter shifter!

quote:

The body has around 350k miles on it.

quote:

Front rad support is kinda beat. The torque from this motor twisted it a little bit.

quote:

As you can see I have a ton of work into this car. I would fix it but I just turned 40 and I guess it's time to grow up a lil.
Awww, never grow up, neon dude.

i own every Bionicle
Oct 22, 2005
cstm ttle? kthxbye

Whenever I see cars like this (turd with no miles because an old person bought it and never drove it), I like to think that it's a perfect garage find deal for a certain set of people, but all of those people are institutionalized.

i own every Bionicle
Oct 22, 2005
cstm ttle? kthxbye

Pham Nuwen posted:

I finally went to see this, it drove beautifully and was in awesome shape inside & out. It jumped up from a stop with some pep, and went around corners surprisingly nicely, just a touch of the wheel. A/C works too and it's got new Firestones. This fucker is clean; the biggest problem I could find was that the rear driver's side window won't go up without a little lifting by hand.

The smog test is 93 days old, so the owner is getting it tested again tomorrow, then I'll be buying it

Awesome, there are so many posts in this thread that say "I would buy the poo poo out of that" or "I'm seriously considering looking at this tomorrow" and nobody follows through. Post more pics when you get it.

Larrymer posted:

How is a lovely zip tied front bumper WRX in Michigan (rust) with 170k and a blown motor worth $5500? (Drift charm not included.)

http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/cto/4528538792.html

I spent a lot of time looking for a nice used WRX and found that slamming my dick in a door was a lot less painful.

i own every Bionicle
Oct 22, 2005
cstm ttle? kthxbye

Meydey posted:

There is no way this could be a scam...it's full of life
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/4791669696.html

ready to any road.
clean
full equiped
high strong and stability
everything works great
powerful wheels
equipped to enjoy
all conditions
a powerful engine
full of life

would you like some making gently caress BERSERKER

I thought the tag line for this WRX was pretty good:

http://nh.craigslist.org/cto/4790832202.html

i own every Bionicle
Oct 22, 2005
cstm ttle? kthxbye

Nobody told him you can take out more than one ad if you are selling more than one car.

The snowmobuggy owns hard

i own every Bionicle
Oct 22, 2005
cstm ttle? kthxbye

Oh hey I can't pay for my two year old car with 37,000 miles on it, how about you give me more than it was worth new for it since I cracked the bumper and the suspension is hosed up?

http://nh.craigslist.org/cto/4775061751.html

quote:

The car is in great shame

At least he got that right

i own every Bionicle
Oct 22, 2005
cstm ttle? kthxbye

Dr.Caligari posted:

Why even bother attaching these pictures to your ad? drat

I've been looking for a cheap winter Subaru wagon beater and have, of course, been taking a peek at WRX/STI's just for kicks. I can't believe how much people expect to get for these things. I'm guessing most of them took out some ridiculous loan and couldn't pay it off?

I am looking for the same thing (though for more than just a beater) and let me tell you, avoid turbo Subarus if you are looking for a cheap beater. WRX, Forester XT, Legacy GT, Outback XT, I am sure they are great cars but the money they bring is plain stupid. They are always high mileage, modded/beaten to poo poo, rusty, or all three and always expensive.

Non-turbo models can be pretty reasonable.

i own every Bionicle
Oct 22, 2005
cstm ttle? kthxbye

Tommychu posted:

Yeah the impression I'm getting from looking at used WRX/STI ads is gently caress it, just buy a new one.
Which means the fact that I want a wagon complicates things

Yes, anything that's less than four years old with less than 50,000 on it costs literally as much as new. It's maddening. If it's less than 12 years old with less than 150,000 it's at least 10k.

I think I will find an OBS or something as a beater for the next few years until they bring out the next WRX hatch/wagon. Right Subaru? Right?

i own every Bionicle
Oct 22, 2005
cstm ttle? kthxbye

High Protein posted:

That vent where the RHD (or LHD for RHD models) steering wheel goes cracks me up every time.

LMAO I love the gauge cluster. It seriously looks like it was a rack-mount box of instruments that they just picked up from the right side and plopped down on the left side.

i own every Bionicle
Oct 22, 2005
cstm ttle? kthxbye

Initial D is loving terrible.

I watched it all.

Anyway, this guy put the driveline from a GSX under an EG hatch...

http://newlondon.craigslist.org/cto/4868384421.html

i own every Bionicle fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Feb 1, 2015

i own every Bionicle
Oct 22, 2005
cstm ttle? kthxbye

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/cto/4886446242.html

Great pictures bud. Those door handles look nice.

i own every Bionicle
Oct 22, 2005
cstm ttle? kthxbye

The price is high for a car that's old enough to drink and has over 200,000 on it but still, you don't find these too often in this condition:

http://nh.craigslist.org/cto/4996356702.html

i own every Bionicle
Oct 22, 2005
cstm ttle? kthxbye

Jesus himself could return to Earth in Enumclaw tomorrow but for me it will forever the land of death by horse dong

i own every Bionicle
Oct 22, 2005
cstm ttle? kthxbye

There's a guy just north of Boston who is always in my Subaru searches. He never posts pictures of the cars he is selling, he just posts pictures of his goddamn feet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i own every Bionicle
Oct 22, 2005
cstm ttle? kthxbye

kastein posted:

Flag his stupid loving listings.

Hell, post the links and I'll flag em too. I hate poo poo like that.

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/ctd/4980846382.html

Search "TheSubaruGuru" in Boston and you will find them.

«3 »