Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005

Craig's List Protoge posted:

i have a 91 mazda protege it has 192kmiles on it and will definatly get more than 300k it has been very well maintained.it has a 1.8ldohc engine with a 5spd tran.shifts good.drives good runs great..this is a great deal have title good tags.and this car gets 40+mpg and its fun to drive..it has lots of extras like.cold air intake,alloy rims,spoiler,tachometer,carbon pedals,lead shift knob,cd player and more..if interested email zachsbat1@att.net

Wikipedia on Lead poisioning posted:

The symptoms of chronic lead poisoning include neurological problems, such as reduced cognitive abilities...

A direct link between early lead exposure and extreme learning disability has been confirmed by multiple researchers...

Ahhhh.... OK I get it now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005

parid posted:

What have they done to this beautiful car. They removed its turbos. Ohh god why did they take its turbos off. I don't think its a scam. It's pretty much a shell at this point.

I'm just as confused with the Banks sticker on the trunk. Unless things have drastically changed, they specialize in turbo diesels in trucks, and this car is not a truck, or diesel, and apparently not turbo.

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005

Dr. Hoga posted:

The owner's last name is Banks. :haw:

Oh god, I didn't notice that. Would that be the class or the style?

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005

OMGWTFWALLHACK posted:

Three 300W amps gold plated, are they even from a decent company? I've never heard of it which probably means it's either awesome or from walmart

Precision Power (PPI) used to make some very awesome amps, but they got bought out a few years ago just like a bunch of good 12v companies. Not as good anymore.

That car is freaking awesome. I would drive it in a denim jacket and hightops and blast some Phil Collins and cruise for chicks with really big hair.

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005

blugu64 posted:

Why would you censor the phone number and e-mail address in a craigslist ad? You know he WANTS people to call him right?

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005
Hahaha that's ridiculous. "I was told this car is bone stock" Well, you see, I've got this bridge for sale...

It's probably faster and more stable at speed than the original at least.

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005
How in the heck does it have a 4 into 1 header? Do these have shared exhaust ports like old Chevy straight 6s or something?

Lowclock fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Apr 22, 2010

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Vanning was apparently so popular during the 1970s that there were entire movies based around the concept of owning or maintaining a custom van. It's like the Fast and the Furious, only nobody ever goes fast anywhere and they topple over in a strong breeze.

imdb posted:

SUPERVAN

User Rating: 2.9/10

Tagline: Watch Your Donkey... Smokey's Gonna Getcha

I think I'm going to have to watch this now... and my donkey I guess :psyduck:

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005

slidebite posted:

What in the gently caress is the "turbo" thing on the exhaust?

It's a Timbo.

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005

Throatwarbler posted:

I want to put a giant blower sticking through the hood and take it to every Ferrari meet there is.

E: Nice aftermarket brake MC setup and '60s Chevy gas pedal. This owns.

Lowclock fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Jan 15, 2011

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005

spipedong posted:

[timg]http://img.waffleimages.com/f2d70ef1f212505852ce8d82fc1661bde6f197a6/Screen shot 2011-01-17 at 3.13.40 PM.png][/timg]

Is that just a giant pile of bondo or duct tape or lovely photoshop or what on the front driver's corner? The more I try to look at it the harder it is to tell what it is, like a magic eye poster.

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005

The Rocket Salad posted:

Does anyone know if this Corvette is for real? Looks hinky but what do I know.
http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/2168102449.html

Real Grand Sports were never made in yellow, and those aren't the Grand Sport wheels. All LT4 'vette throttle bodies say Grand Sport on them, even if they're not actually a GS. What an rear end.

E: and it doesn't have the flared fenders and the wheels are all mounted backwards.

Lowclock fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Jan 19, 2011

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005

Faerunner posted:

1978 Mustang Cobra - $7000 (Wheeling, wv)
a poo poo kit

A standard feature, no doubt.

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005
I don't get why that's such an obvious scam. KBB at least says that price is like over a grand high, but I don't know poo poo about Jettas or Washington.

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005
19 miles too many for that kind of asking price. Poor things probably hosed up from sitting and not being driven for that long. It's not a fine wine.

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005
Man, it's a shame the digital camera used to take those pictures appears to also have been built in '77.

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005
You know, it's hard to tell from such little pictures, but it doesn't really look that bad. I bought my first car, a '66 Bel-Air, at an auction for $150 and it looked worse than that; Covered in surface rust. Sanded it down a little and there wasn't a single hole in the frame or body and it ended up looking great after some paint.

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005
Sitting here thinking "what the heck is a rotter?" so I decide to google it.

rotter [ˈrɒtə]
n.
Slang chiefly Brit a worthless, unpleasant, or despicable person

Seems about right.

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005
At this point, I really wish someone would go through and voice record some of the best ones.

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005

The Scientist posted:

Words

Yeah, I bet ignorance is bliss. My brother, for instance, had like a 2001 Malibu as a rental car once. He kept remarking about how nice it was and that he would like to own one some day. He is currently happy with his super base model '94 Cavalier. Way to aim low.

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005

YarPirate posted:

Do you come with the spoiler?

Tee hee!

Is that man naked except for a diaper, or has the infection from the trucker thread begin to spread?

E: VVV Yeah and there's another naked-looking leg in the back there too. I'm just gonna stop trying to figure it out before I notice something I can't un-notice.

Lowclock fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jul 28, 2011

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005
Optispark didn't even exist in 1949. Clearly you both made the wrong decision.

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005

Motronic posted:

Do you do realize that a proper wrap job costs as much in materials and labor as a proper paint job?
Some of the major reasons for doing a wrap job is elaborate or impossible to paint designs can be easily printed, and it protects the original paint underneath. If you do anything but a basic glossy color, vinyl is way cheaper than paint, and doesn't gently caress the resale value, it actually makes it hold it better.

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005
^^FML

heat posted:

Just what the gently caress is going on with those wheels? It's like an optical illusion or something
They're just silver centers with chrome/polished/whatever lips. Doesn't look that weird.

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005

slidebite posted:

Weren't astros RWD?
Yeah, or lovely AWD.

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005
You know man, sixteen hundred. 100100100100100100100100100100100100100100100100.

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005
Can those Corollas really deal with that much torque? I'm sure some work was done at least for the new rear, but I can just picture that car collapsing in half and shooting the rear axle out the front if it actually hooked up.

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005

Synonamess Botch posted:

http://huntsville.craigslist.org/cto/2622161470.html

This is a scam, right? Or a joke or something?
So does that mean it has a 356 motor, 911 motor, or ACVW? From a distance it would probably fool a lot of people, but it sure sounds like a piece of poo poo for $7000.

My favorite part is its prestigious "award winner in the 2009 Food Lion Auto Fair".

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005

You Am I posted:

I hear an one make racing series would be a great thing for them :)
Demolition derby where each team is given like 5 Neons which they must make into a single massive shitbox of death. Pound a door flat and weld it to a flywheel. Make a mobile car crusher out of cars. poo poo would be crazy.

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005
Hahaha. At least it's a funny scam.

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005
Is this supposed to be interesting because it only has 39k miles, or am I missing something? There's not even a single picture.

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005
Placing the numbers every 15 MPH instead of 10 or 20 seems pretty stupid to me too.

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005

el topo posted:

You know what that car doesn't have? A speedometer. I don't think that car is even street-legal.
Oh so that's what it is. A car. Huh.

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005
That's an interesting instrument cluster. Is that a ZR-1 carryover or LT4 only thing?

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005

Lord Gaga posted:

I just bid on that CRX for part out value that I could make some money on...$1400.
Considering he has it buy it now for 9k and in the description, I wouldn't be surprised if he set the reserve at 9k.

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005
It's probably all vinyl, but a 2012 Si Coupe starts at like under $23k. I wonder what all suspension stuff it has that makes him think it's worth $44k.

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005
Out of that whole thing, the part that offends me most is "compasator".

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005

Leperflesh posted:

I believe the engine capacity may be 195000 ml3, not sure what that is in CCs.
195000ml IS 195000ccs. And it's not cubed, it's already volume.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005
If it's not rusted to poo poo under all that, I would jump on it. Anyone know what kit that is or if it's actually quality stuff? Is "cut rotors" kind of like the rotary version of boring out an ICE or something?