Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

kimbo305 posted:

what a ridiculous swap:

http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/cto/1587747308.
It could be all sorts of ratty, but of course the sheer car-nerdiness of this bucket is still tempting.

A 13B swap in a Corolla seems like itd be pretty awesome, I imagine a 12A would be a lot better than the stock Corolla engine in all ways but it seems pretty pointless to drop a 12A in when 13Bs are so readily available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn
No noble goon would ever dare deface a vehicle for something as trivial as a SOUND SYSTEM. :colbert:

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

kimbo305 posted:

Ever wanted an AMC Eagle but thought it wasn't good looking?:
http://newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/1621577318.html

Javelin 4WheelDrive :smug:

I'm not saying it's an outrageous price or anything.

That poor Javelin. :(

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

el topo posted:

Holy poo poo. It's a lot of 12 Jaguar XKEs, 61-74. How mad is that?

I wonder if you could melt them all down and make them into one Jaguar thats actually reliable.

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

frozenphil posted:

There aren't many muscle cars from the '60s and '70s that can smoke a modern Camry in a drag race. Speed has nothing to do with value.

Most of this has to do with lovely tires more than anything.

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

TimingBelt posted:

Those wheels (or are they wheel covers?) are pretty :krad:

Do you have any information on who makes them?

Wheels like that were stock equipment on the Subaru XT.

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

Toucan Sam posted:

Anyone want a Lotus with a Taurus SHO engine?

http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/1654500855.html

Want to gently caress that car.

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

Tai-Pan posted:

Although I would never install them on my car, I never thought they were all that bad. Why does AI get their panties in such a wad over them?

They weigh a loving ton too.

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

slidebite posted:

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/nvn/ctd/1683411401.html

If this wasn't on a used car lot and the guy was asking a couple grand less, I'd be on a plane tonight.

To the metric impaired, that's 20K miles.

I could always take a look at this for you.

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

slidebite posted:

Don't tempt me. Please. For some reason I turn into a weak knee'd little kid whenever I see one for sale that looks great.

Probably because I was disappointed the last 2 times I went to see one.

Hey its something to do, granted I don't know much about these cars.

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

slidebite posted:

gently caress it. I'm going to call the guy tomorrow.

PLR, if the guy doesn't sound like a total douche and your offer stands I may take you up on it.

God help me.
And my marriage.

Alright let me know, I may ask for a small fee in exchange for my EXTREMELY VALUABLE TIME. Hopefully they don't brush me off because I look younger. Just find me some kind of guide on what to look for on these cars.

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

Seat Safety Switch posted:

DADDY THIS BARBIE POWERWHEELS IS TOO BIG

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-ATVs-snowmobiles-ATVs-honda-odyssey-W0QQAdIdZ203984599

edit: BONUS VIDEO http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWvzhxL72yM every single segment of this video has this thing rolling over at least once. If anyone needs me, I'll be at the bank.

If thats a real Odyssey in decent shape its actually worth several grand with the body work. If you bought that and fixed it up you could do some work on it and easily resell it for way more than 300. They're also RARE AS ALL loving HELL and you'll never find one for that price again that isn't totally thrashed.

My dad had a Pilot and an Odyssey back in the day, both made by Honda, both totally awesome dune buggy/quad hybrids that kicked all kinds of rear end and there will probably be nothing made like them again. They kick the poo poo out of any kind of quad fun wise.

Honestly if someone doesn't buy that I might have to talk to my dad about getting it shipped to BC, he said its one of the few things he regrets selling. The Pilot is the cooler of the two by far though. Too bad they brought the names back as a terrible SUV and Minivan.

Pretty Little Rainbow fucked around with this message at 20:31 on May 18, 2010

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Man, I didn't know that was actually valuable. Are there are a lot of reproductions? I don't know much about ATVs, so I'd need more information in order to determine the breed standard of this one.
They've done it with a few of their cars (Ascot comes to mind) as well.

Heres an Odyssey in good shape.

Click here for the full 1000x750 image.

And heres the much cooler Pilot.

Click here for the full 640x480 image.

Theres only one odyssey on Ebay, its fully restored and currently at 510 bucks with the reserve not met. All the Pilots are going for around 5000 dollars US on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-Odyssey-FL250-FL-250-ATV-Rebuilt-/180508847299?cmd=ViewItem&pt=ATVs&hash=item2a072a6cc3

Edit:Heres a second 350 Odyssey in wicked shape for 5 grand, so goes to show you what a steal 300 is for a running one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1985-HONDA-ODYSSEY-FL350-FL-350-PILOT-like-DUNE-BUGGY-/190394040562?cmd=ViewItem&pt=ATVs&hash=item2c545e80f2

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn
I'd rather drive a beat to poo poo Subaru 360 than a Smart.

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

For some reason whenever im in the downtown eastside in Vancouver I see TONS of these things in really good shape.

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

stratdax posted:

Dealer's gotta roll in something, and it's not like those junkies can pay him enough to upgrade to a caddy. So he keeps the Volvo in good shape.

I'd accept this answer but they're always being driven by hipsters.

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn
I'm pretty sure 5 grand would get you a mint 80s C3 even up here in Canada and those ones are putting out a fair bit more power.

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

The Craiglist market for Corvettes seems to be somewhat more inflated down here.

But the other half of it was that this was a pretty dodgy used car lot.

I managed to find this, factor in the fact that cars are usually 1-2 more grand in Canada and it seems about right.

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rds/cto/1864930976.html

Most of the prices were up around 10 grand for some drat good examples, I was a bit confused and then I remembered these cars are starting to hit the magic 30 year mark and things have changed from my youth when C3s were commonly seen with stupid retarded widebody kits on them and poo poo since they were cheap as hell.

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

I wish this was around when I had 6 grand to blow on a car.

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

MALCOLM XTREME posted:

could someone please buy this there is nothing in the entire world i would like more right now than a red lotus esprit with a tan interior

Yeah thats seriously one of my dream cars.

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

VideoTapir posted:

How much does it cost to maintain a car like that? Is this an exception to the "if you can't afford it new you can't afford it used" rule?

Its a 4 cyl so its nothing too crazy as a base, who knows how the turbos and poo poo are. I'd love to have one of non turbo 4 cyl Esprits with some work done. Be a shitload of fun and not too expensive to run. Also a large amount of pieces like tailights and doorhandles that would be an absolute nightmare to replace on most cars like that come from cheap economy cars. The tailights are from an AE86 some years, etc.

Pretty Little Rainbow fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Jul 31, 2010

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

I always liked the Soarer badge.

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

slidebite posted:

Also, I would love this even if just for the "What the hell is it?" factor.

I love these because you can get a nice one for way cheaper than an RX-3 and its the exact same car except the engine.

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

VideoTapir posted:

Were any of you guys aware of such a thing:

These are very rare and cool, there is also an even better version with a front end that draws from classic european sports cars like the 250 GTO etc.

Honestly I don't get why that isn't an option for the Miata normally, it'd help them lose the girly car association big time. I'd actually love a Miata coupe on some nice wheels and stuff, especially if it had the NA front end.

Put a rotary in that, and it'd be an EXCELLENT modern re-imagining of the original Cosmo 110S. gently caress what a car that'd be. That would have been 1000 times cooler than that drat RX8 we ended up with.

Pretty Little Rainbow fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Oct 16, 2010

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

Fo3 posted:

When I first saw that just now, I really liked the shape of the rear side glass and fender. My first thought was, it would look better with a gaping front inlet nose. Now you mention there is one!
I'm an old school rotor fan, don't like the rx8 one bit. A rotary in an MX5 hardtop would be awesome. Now idea why mazda don't take the hint, especially since Bullet went there about a decade ago.

If I ever have a load of money, once one of those MX-5s is 15 years old so I can bring it into Canada I'll have to import one, shove a reasonably modified N/A 13B in there, and make it into some kind of cool modern tribute to the RX-3 or something.

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn
Actual gold, I wish the money as this is one of my dream cars. I might book an appointment just to make sure I can actually fit in the loving thing before I keep lusting after them.

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/van/cto/1991093278.html

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

VideoTapir posted:

I am going to be moving to Tokyo in 2 1/2 months. I think during my time there I may get a car which I would be able to bring back to the US. If I return in 2016, that would mean I could only get something as new as 1991. Which rules out the AZ-1. :(

(But it doesn't rule out the Beat.)

The Beat is the cheapest of the 3 sporty Kei cars, its also the most common, and is N/A so I'd say its probably the easiest to work on. Mugen also still makes a lot of their cool aftermarket stuff for it. I'd actually love a beat with the removable hardtop, and all the mugen performance goodies.

The AZ-1 is my favourite hands down though, and would make such an awesome fun to drive commuter car. The Kei cars cost like 25 bucks to fill a tank and get insane mpg. I'd love an AZ-1 with the ARC intercooler upgrade and airbox, and get one of those full titanium exhaust setups they sell for it, good set of tires, and you'd have a loving insanely fun car thats still decently fast in a straight line, and gets wicked gas mileage.

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

Solar Coaster posted:

Here looks like a nice project. Engine and tranny are pulled, so do what you want with it!

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/2220280520.html

Click here for the full 1119x993 image.

Out of all the G-Bodies the Grand Prix is probably the least known and most interesting. That body looks clean all it needs is a cut down ford 9 inch and a 350 shoved in it now and you'd have a very awesome car, or something you could turn around and sell for 10 times what you paid.

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn
I'd be down to gently caress with this guy except googling the email provided only provides that ad, he is local to me though so I'd be down just trying to gently caress with him and asking to see the car constantly.

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn
Actual gold for 1200 bucks.
http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rds/cto/2256975755.html

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn
That colour is horrible. I really hate that purplish blue like that, its one of those few colours that I can look at and have it physically bother me.

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

Rawrl posted:

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/cto/2345324270.html

Pretty sure this is gold of some sort. I didn't even know the 200sx was produced/imported that far back.

This is probably a once in a lifetime chance tbh. I'd buy that if I could.

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

You'd need to swap it to the Japanese bumpers but you could have this after a bit of paintwork. I'm sure most of the internals are pretty similar to a 240Z so drop a done out L20 and a manual in there and you'd have a wicked car. The fact that he suggests that itd make a good drift car or racecar is sort of stupid. That car needs to be restored, not only would it be worth a fair amount now but with the rising prices of Japanese classic cars I'm sure it'll be worth a fair bit in a few years in good shape, regardless, you'd probably have the only one on the road in a large area around you, and its a unique but also good looking car.

I looked at some used car websites in Japan where theres tons of classic cars in amazing shape (the only way to keep them road legal) for sale, but I can't even find an S10 Silvia for sale there, they are rare as hell.

Pretty Little Rainbow fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Apr 26, 2011

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

ursa_minor posted:

I can't post a screenshot because of the computer I'm on currently, but check out this RAREST CAR IN THE WORLD FIAT 124 SPIDER.

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/2345834481.html

drat, a 1328 cubic inch engine, thing must move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

eddiewalker posted:

Familiar, but it's not the goon-made one. Unless there's more than one goon making Jurassic Park and Ghostbusters replica vehicles.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2773074&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=4#post340056125

Somehow that wouldn't surprise me.