Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/cto/3581964680.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I posted that a bunch of pages back, that car has been for sale for a long time. Wonder why.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Crown Vic Supremacy :smug:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

West SAAB Story posted:

Ehh. Kind of hoping to wait for him to grenade it, first. Can probably get it for $400 then. Given the 'noises', I doubt it's going to be usable even if it does still technically run.

Add removed, you hosed up bro.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

That is pretty much the definition of "on the crack pipe" pricing.

Hope that guy is ready to be severely disappointed.

quote:

I have professionally refinished original black parts including front & back wiper arms, window frames and license plate lights housings, due to light fading.

So he "professionaly" spray painted the wiper arms? Must be worth $200 right there :v:

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Mar 4, 2013

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

His mechanic must have taken him for a LOOOOONG ride. But hey, he put that much into it, he should get that all back :colbert:

Another seller that's going to be crashing down to reality real soon.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Porsche 911: Baby Friendly

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

What the hell is a BMW 311? Never heard of a 311 or TARDIS option pak :confused:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

DJ Commie posted:

Koni and Bilstein are almost always a better choice than a complete cheap coilover setup, pretty much any Japanese brand will be garbage: BC, Tein, etc have nice looking suspension with terrible damping characteristics. The Chinese knockoffs like Megan are even worse.

For not much more than a Chinese coilover set, Koni/Bilstein shocks, Ground Control coilover sleeves, and an Eibach spring would make for suspension good enough for just about everything. KW is probably one of the best mid-range suspensions, and once in the high end everyone has good stuff.

I don't know if you follow Miata stuff all that much, but apparently Flyin' Miata has some company in the Netherlands making their cheap coil over kits, and it makes me wonder if the company in "the Netherlands" gets them from China.

http://flyinmiata.com/index.php?deptid=4537&parentid=0&stocknumber=13-16210%20%201990-97%20NB

Was kinda tempting at $600 but I think I'd rather spend the money for a Koni/GC setup.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

How are the Bilstein coilovers? They seem reasonably priced, and compared to a Koni/Bilstein GC setup, after buying custom mounts and bump stops I'd be a couple hundred bucks away from Bilstein coilovers anyway.

http://www.good-win-racing.com/Mazda-Performance-Part/20-1070pss9.html?gclid=CNDIyfXlkbYCFQ-znQodh2YA0w

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Jesus it's depressing that I can't get a decent setup for under a grand. Now I'm reading about Konis being crap because they are inconsistent and people have to match them off a dyno, wtf.

I really want a good setup for my Miata but I just don't see myself being able to justify the cost. I'll probably have to end buying KYB AGX or some poo poo because my original shocks are hosed :(

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Larrymer posted:

Just buy some used Bilsteins, GC sleeves, and FCM top hats. That's probably about 1k or so and the best bang for buck in my opinion. Don't get down about these guys that say everything sucks below 2k or whatever. Yeah, that may be true if you're racing, but on a street car I imagine it's going to be "good enough" for you. I too hate feeling like there's always something better I could have bought but do you really want to spend more on shocks than you did on your car?

Yeah That's what I've been thinking, I'll just have to be patient and find some used stuff, build the setup gradually and deal with the shot shocks for now.

And to be honest, I wouldn't mind spending money on good shocks to make my car handle the best it can, I just can't afford it. Someone made a good point about spending more money on suspension than a Miata is worth....Would it make you feel better if you spent more on the car? Be glad you got the car cheap so you can spend the money on good dampers.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Get it, then make one car to keep with all the good parts, get the other one running and sell it.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Whoa, screw that Laser dude, I'd be all over the GLH.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Tai-Pan posted:

I am thinking about going out to take a look this weekend.

He says he wants low $20s but he seems eager to sell.
Good idea or best idea?

http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/3738686661.html

Offer him 15k and Doooo Eeeeeet.

Octopus Magic posted:

put an LS1 or a rotary in it when the motor goes. :colbert:

Then do this.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Tai-Pan posted:

Why is a $1200 beat to poo poo fiesta gold?

Old Fiestas make awesome race cars. I'd give the guy $800 for it and turn it into a track rat.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Love the silver anniversary Vette, 40 miles drat.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Heh, that land yacht is about ten minutes from me. If I didn't already own a land yacht I might just go and take it for a spin.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

That SHO looks like it's made out of clay wtf.

Also I need to get out west, that scenery looks so cool.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I'm assuming the cemetery is for the Clown's victims? That's some spooky poo poo.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Sir Tonk posted:

"All jackers get shot" nice

Not if he gets shot first :smug:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

IIRC he's got a decent suspension setup on it too, so he could make out alright (relatively) parting it out. He needs to get over himself, part out the entire thing then scrap the shell.

[edit] Zero bids lol.

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Sep 16, 2013

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I'd honestly like to remove the PS and AC from my Miata, weight isn't really a concern, but less draw off the motor and a cleaner/less cluttered engine bay is nice. Also the manual racks on Miatas feel awesome and I want one. I wouldn't say it's laziness but more of a automotive anal retentive kinda thing and I don't think it makes me a bad person :colbert:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

13 INCH DICK posted:

Called this guy and left a message. Needs a head gasket though, but look at it.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/cto/4135114170.html

Wow that's a great find 13". I'd be all over that poo poo, maybe he'd trade you straight up?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

HCFJ posted:

Craigslist. . . gold?

"Toyota mini motor home"

Got a link to that? Very curious about it.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

13 INCH DICK posted:

Civic told me to call him back this morning and now he's not picking up his phone and the message left said I had cash in hand ready to rock :argh:

So no thread then?

I hate sellers that really couldn't care less about when or how they sell their car, taking no account into who contacted them first. I always start a list from the first to last guy that contacts me and take it from there. And I always let the others know how many are in front of them.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

13 INCH DICK posted:

There's a super clean '89 Civic hatch for sale too, but it's just not the same :(

EF Civics are the best Civics, if you've never owned one you need to.

Also people that list their cars on any internet site need to check their loving spam folders on a regular basis, it blows my mind how many people don't do this. I've gotten contacted MONTHS after sending an email saying "just found your email in my spam folder, still interested?" No, I found a loving car already you moron.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Nocheez posted:

My brother is selling a similar little RV near Akron, OH:
http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/rvs/4125341221.html

I'm at work, so no pics, but it's a 22ft RV with a 4-cylinder, 5-speed drivetrain. It gets great gas mileage for an RV, but is still spacious enough for family road trips.

That is freakin' awesome, a 4cyl with a 5 speed? It's got to be a dog though, as in good luck on the on ramp.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

That Porsche would actually be a great candidate for a V8 swap.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

rscott posted:

It'd be a great candidate for a swap if it wasn't 30 grand you mean right? A good body and interior isn't worth that much. The front seat looks like it has a cover on it anyways, so it's probably torn up.

Pretty much, there's no way he's gonna get 30k for it, lowball the dude and give it the LSx treatment.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

That is a horrible idea, not worth the rust repair by a long shot.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Slugworth posted:

No car has ever actually made me laugh, no matter how dumb or ridiculous. That thing is cracking me up.

I laughed too. I don't know which is more funny though, building a hilariously ugly car on a Mustang, or thinking somehow that it's worth more than the Mustang he built it on. It's actually worth less than the Mustang he started with.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

opengl128 posted:

God Damnit. Miata's really are the new 240's, and every single one is going to be ruined.

I don't think so, there were WAY more miatas made than 240's so the odds of all of them being ruined are pretty slim. That and all different walks of life enjoy Miatas, not just drifters and ricers, it's easy if you're patient to find one that wasn't molested and taken care of.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

In ten years all the NAs will be gone. Five years later all the NBs will be gone.

Is this hyperbole? There's no way, the number of Miatas sold in the US is crazy, and that's a good thing because parts will always be cheap and plentiful. When my 5 yr old son finally gets my Miata he'll have no problems keeping it running and looking nice.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

crutt posted:

Nope cause I'm out of state til the 20th, plus its outta my "buy on a whim" snack bracket. Also my wife would murder me.

Being married has saved me from having a backyard full of unfinished projects, so really your fear of being murdered is probably a good thing. It helps me focus on one car instead of letting my automotive ADD take over :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Fart Pipe posted:

My gf who is moving in with me in a couple months is a huge car enabler. I'm going to have to be the voice of reas...hahahaha

lol, god help you. At least you have a big garage :)

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

So I take it that he's upside down on his loan? :rimshot:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

It has to be BS because ten minutes on Google would have told the guy exactly what it's worth.

But if he is that dumb and it's legit I'd jump on a plane too.

[edit] It took me two minutes to figure out that car is probably worth more than 40k.

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Dec 14, 2013

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Tai-Pan posted:

I would call it 99.9% it is nonsense. The only reason I give it a .01% of being real is because it isn't really funny and I cannot see who he would be trolling unless it was a joke on a specific person.

Or maybe it could be one of those revenge sales. I knew a guy that picked up a 911 for a fraction of what it was worth because it was in the owner's wife's name and she was pissed at him for cheating or something. It happens, but it's pretty loving rare.

animeliker posted:

People other than drifters and ricers enjoy 240SXs.

Yeah, but the problem is there aren't enough to go around and the ricers and drifters snag them all up.

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Dec 14, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Tai-Pan posted:

Well, I emailed. It is probably BS, but I can get an 8am flight and get it tomorrow if he is serious.

Did you get a response at all?