Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Pham Nuwen posted:

Speaking of MG, she just found a 71 Midget for $3500, looks decent except some bugger scraped up the rear quarter panel in a lot or something, comes with a spare engine and transmission. We're going to see it on Saturday.

<AD>

I've texted the owner, it's hard to resist what is one of the best craigslist ads I've ever seen and from his texting he seems like a good guy to deal with. We'll see what it's like in person and if the "no rust except this one small spot" is true. Also look at his loving shop, goddamn.

:swoon:

Buy this fuckin car. That is a holy-god amazing deal.

If you have the time and energy to keep it running that is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
http://anchorage.craigslist.org/cto/4725071176.html

I want this guy to come down in price so bad, but I know that he's asking a really fair price. E: the swampers alone are worth like $2k.

spookykid fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Oct 24, 2014

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Oh I know all about 70's Fords. One of these is my current project.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Motronic posted:

Sweet. I didn't know any of them were road legal anymore. (maybe they aren't and you'll be the one)

Where did they stuff the fuel tanks on those? Please say somewhere in the frame.

And what motor is in your project?

The tank is shoved behind the rear axle to provide weight distribution, being as they are rather front-heavy. Mine has a 302 with heads of an unknown vintage (PO installed them, I went to change the spark plugs and was baffled that they had 14mm's rather than 18's), with a C4 trans behind it. Got the rear end sorted a few days ago but left the front for another weekend, with the big tires on it, it has a ridiculous rake. It's known in my circle of friends as The Rolling Amber Alert http://imgur.com/a/zcUs8

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

theacox posted:

...always empty

at least from the friends that I have had for the last 20 years. And once that first set of mudders burns off it's time to sell because they are never able to afford a 2nd set.

I wouldn't use it as a daily driver, and throwing $50-100 a month at a savings account for upkeep/consumables is well within my "reasonable" category.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Who buys crazy pimp rear end 33" tires and never drives on them?

Someone who has a blown-rear end suspension and hasn't fixed it yet. Tires will straight up not fit into the wells w/o rolling the fenders and getting enough lift.

I have a '70 Econoline, and I had trouble fitting 30x11"s in the rear, (added supersprings in the back and new coils in the front) let alone 33's.

E: also, if it's a pathfinder/quadravan/quigley buy that poo poo, that is an amazing deal.

EE: oh god, it's a Quigley with mods. BUY. IT. NOW. That van is 120% worth that price.

spookykid fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Nov 4, 2014

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
The later Capri's were to the Mustang what the Satellite was to the Challenger.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
http://anchorage.craigslist.org/cto/4751015778.html The Panty Dropper, possibly the most self-aware CL ad of all time.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Sadi posted:

If I hadnt just bought an M3 I would be all about this.
https://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/4749502207.html

The Fairlady was clownshoe before clownshoe was a thing.

E: also UUUUUUNF

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
If someone made a Fairlady shooting brake kit I would basically be a drooling madman over the thought of one.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

KingFisher posted:

https://portland.craigslist.org/clk/cto/4768154067.html

goons If I were to buy, what would you put in this?

twincharged ZZ4 with the turbo remotely located in place of the muffler?

A ridiculous carbed 350 for irony's sake or an LS7 with a megasquirt is pretty much the only semi-sane answer.

E: for super irony, the 1.0L Ecoboost.

EE: The 3 cyl 1.0 makes 120HP in the footprint of a sheet of A4 paper, so there's an engine bay you can stand in and all.

spookykid fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Nov 20, 2014

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Yeah the Chevy 350 swap is pretty popular in RX7's with roached rotaries, and V12 Jags with roached Rube-Goldberg Machines (all of them).

http://www.jagsthatrun.com

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Paging 13 inch! Masochistic quirky old car in the Seattle area:

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
I know, I'm almost willing to do a fly-and-drive down from Alaska for that nonsense. Because shooting brake, and I have a semi-built 302 I think could fit in it.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

HotCanadianChick posted:

People born after Kurt Cobain died are old enough to vote. And almost old enough to drink.

Nevermind was written closer to the Vietnam war than it was to today.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

It NEEDS to be an auto. Seriously, My '82 crown vic was the king of road trips, it's basically sitting on a couch being as comfortable as possible and your input needs to be as little as possible for the car to do its thing. It's the bass boat of cars.

E: on the run between OKC and Austin when I would go down to visit friends, my hand would move maybe 2"/hour past about 8pm. Just long drifting highways and the smoothest car I've ever driven.

spookykid fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Dec 24, 2014

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
*Sees milage: pukes a little*

The douchebag-has-owned-and-thrashed-the-piss-out-of-this-car quotient is a little bit higher on a 172k M5 than on a 74k hardtop MX5.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

G-Mach posted:

I want to drive out to the guy's place just to see it.

DO IT. I want to go to there,

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

cursedshitbox posted:

They put the v8 in the wrong end. :catstare:

This pretty much is a summary of all that's wrong with hillrods.

"poo poo SHOULD BE A FE FWD LIKE GOD INTENDED"

No more snap-oversteer I guess.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Right now 1989-1990 R32's are legal to import under the 25 year rule. Caveat: there is a shitton of paperwork involved. Doug DeMuro has chronicled his efforts to get a clean 1990 R32, and I think his should be arriving in the next week or two.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

West SAAB Story posted:

Less shots left:

Wrong thread brah.

Content: We may have reached peak brodozer. http://anchorage.craigslist.org/cto/4935646197.html

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

VideoTapir posted:

GNX Donk Vid

It's in front of a Florida Family Dollar. My god, this video is the gift that keeps on giving.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

kastein posted:

holy poo poo, they even put cock extension in the name. CXT. What is even the point of having something like that?

another one of my friends pointed out that the rear plate says size matters.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
A variety of mental conditions including depression, OCD, and addiction behaviors.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
That's the automotive equivalent of a jump-scare. :chloe:

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
It looks like Amy Wong.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
The brazzers logo sticker just really ties the interior together.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
I have the weirdest boner.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
A Comanche on 35's? uuuunf... that price is like 2 grand too high though.

http://anchorage.craigslist.org/cto/5230976503.html

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
126 chat: people stick liter-bike and larger engines in them and make them into hillclimb vehicles:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZ8V3_EgV-Y

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Pham Nuwen posted:

turbo-hosed

This has become a go-to phrase at work, and I love hearing it on the radio.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
That Valiant front end is "SENPAI NOTICE ME!"-the-car, the markers just need to be tears.

spookykid fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Jan 7, 2016

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

NoWake posted:

:stwoon: the 3rd row is even better than I'd imagined

The seat position for punching your brother in the junk and yelling at your traitor sister in the fall of 1990.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Ladies and gentlemen, I'm proud to announce peak craigslist spelling.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
I'm pretty sure that's an exhaust plume in the last picture.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
SPEC FESTIVA RACING!

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Wouldn't "VIC LOVES DICK" work better?

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
I don't know how I feel about this.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
If it's for real, buy it. They were still carbed at that point but the EFI manifolds and all that goes along with that are relatively cheap. As are used engines and transmissions, and if you wanted to go EJ, those are cheap, plentiful and fit in those engine bays with preexisting kits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

TACTICAL SANDALS posted:

:greenangel:

"3 jeeps and a Subaru brat: how AI ruined my life"

I mean if "all it needs" is a rinse of the varnish out of the fuel tank, and it's $950; for the price of a couple car payments you have an awesome winter beater or a slick summer camping rig. Those EA motors, while by today's standards are kinda anemic, the drat thing still will weigh a couple hundo over a ton, has pushbutton 4WD, and has those sick chicken-tax-dodging rear seats. Also, they're within the load range of the cheaper UTV Matttrax.