Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leninboarrir
May 11, 2006

stupid monster
$5 says this guy's a goon.

Also, I'm disappointed that he didn't rip off a Type R badge and put it on his car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leninboarrir
May 11, 2006

stupid monster
http://cnj.craigslist.org/car/550405854.html

no no no =(

Leninboarrir
May 11, 2006

stupid monster
If the people who write like this can afford a Mercedes, I should be okay taking on Warren Buffet for the World's Richest Man title.

quote:

This SL 320 Need's Nothing, But A Owner Ready To Have Fun For The Summer,
I Wish I Could Keep It Forever But My Husbeen And I Have Kids So No More Room
If Your Looking For A Red Sports Car For The Summer STOP LOOKING!!!You Found It

New Battery, New Alternator, New Soft Top, New Break's, All Service Record's,
Are From Mercedes Dealer Precesion Motors So Call For More Info, (609)992-3224

They even spelled the name of their town incorrectly.

http://southjersey.craigslist.org/car/599115407.html

Leninboarrir
May 11, 2006

stupid monster
This isn't CraigsList, but still silly/engraging. This car was the "Showoff Of The Week" on Cardomain...

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2552443

quote:

WELCOME TO MY CARS WEB PAGE !!!!! First pictures on this page are the most current of my machine. Following will be the aftermarket parts, sites and the money it cost me. Each one I took great thought to individualize my car from the rest. Finally will be a brief glimse of one picture from many on the other 8 pages. Enjoy getting a glimse of my car and please tell me what you think.
:eng99:

quote:

I started with a perfectly normal Honda Civic DX 1.6 SOHC. But now I have what looks like a BMW/Pontiac/Acura/Mercedes, Honda civic. I started with the outside first since I hit a deer and then I hit a 2x4 piece of wood. Now I am working on the interior and would love advice, input, and YOUR ideas.

quote:

But now I have what looks like a BMW/Pontiac/Acura/Mercedes, Honda civic.

Wait, what? I used to like this site. :saddowns:

Leninboarrir
May 11, 2006

stupid monster

Ziploc posted:

http://hamilton.en.craigslist.ca/mcy/749439125.html

What the gently caress is up with the hidden white text?

Craigslist doesn't let you make identical posts in different geographical regions (i.e; South Jersey, Central Jersey, North Jersey, etc), so he probably put the white text to throw off the filter.

I have to say, though, what he's written is loving bizarre. He could have just explained what the text meant instead of psyducking potential customers.

Leninboarrir
May 11, 2006

stupid monster

madattheinternet posted:

I don't know how long it's going to take people to realize that weird, unrelated text, either in e-mail or craigslist, is an indicator of a scam post by people that do mass postings.

That's probably true, although, when I try to sell stuff on CL, I like to put it on my local NJ site as well as Philadelphia and some of the NYC sites, and I use that technique.

Of course, I just write, "This white text is to throw off the filter" or something like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leninboarrir
May 11, 2006

stupid monster

Slippery posted:

The text on that is pretty sweet as well (what is a fizzzzz I, the world wonders)

I'm pretty sure it should be fiz-ive, which equals five.

It's a 325, right? Then, it makes sense...in a retarded, shouldn't make sense kind of way.

320 fiz-ive=325