Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
I bet ten bucks the owner of the Neon is best buddies with our old friend SPEED AND CLASS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
^^ I'm ashamed to admit I like that CRX. Sure the taillights are hideous and the wheels are a bit much, but I actually do like the body kit, and with those modifications it is probably a blast to drive. The price does seem a little steep though. I should pull out my camera next time I see a CRX driving around in this city, it will be much, much worse.

Oh, and the shaved door handles. Those are pretty lame.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
I dunno, looking at that interior I have a hard time believing that is NOT a Fiero. And what is up with the Oldsmobile engine??

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
I guess it's a $210,000 investment in the same way dropping $210,000 on penny stocks is an investment. What a tool. And it's an automatic to top it all off.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
If I was Craig, I would automatically de-list car ads that contain the word "invested"

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Of course.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
This keeps popping up on my local CL.

$4k for a "m" 6 series in what looks to be absolutely mint condition, inside and out:

http://louisville.craigslist.org/cto/1711471291.html

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
It's not rare if YOU MADE THE CHANGES.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
What a loving idiot. "I don't want to bother with the paperwork so you don't get a title"

Yeah I'll get right on the phone for that...

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

BrokenKnucklez posted:

I am sure glad that you are willing to sell this car brah. I mean, its a BMW, and hey it still runs!

He should have put "car for sale". He didn't even say "Blue BMW for sale".

Oh come one now. Why would you ever bother to post the model of the car you're trying to sell? I mean, we're only talking about hundreds and hundreds of dollars here.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Agreed on the ticking time bomb, but that is probably the nicest Cavalier I've ever seen.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

wat

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

djdanno13 posted:

This isn't a craigslist post, but figured this was the best place to get this kind of opinion. Found this Toyota (Corolla? I don't even know what year) sitting to the side at the local salvage yard. It's all there, but it's been sitting for years. Scrap man says I can have it for $375 with title. What exactly is it, and would this be a good buy?

Bring a weed trimmer to inspect the undercarriage.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
That splatter-painted Civic is great. It needs a v8/rwd conversion with big tubbed out slicks in the back.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

dissss posted:

Actual gold:

This thing would be perfect for a Bosu car. Needs a ton of lights and it would be good to go.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Hahah fu guys I live in Louisville and I have disposable income.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
I want to roll up to Cars & Coffee in that just to troll the gently caress out of everybody.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
5-series before the e34 have the worst c-pillars.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

phade posted:

And now for something completely different, brought to you buy the Japanese Auctions:

1988 Lincoln Hearse with 45,000 km. I wonder how much that golden dragon box weighs.

If you bought one of these things and took the big ornate box off the back would you essentially have a Lincoln Towncaramino?

This converted to full-on Dekotora style would be awesome.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Those wings are gonna decapitate a pedestrian one day...

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Kijiji.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Feel my pain. My car _requires_ 91 and has no knock sensor. All I can find in this area is 93. So I either have to mix octanes like a chump (pumps take forever to reset) or blow the extra cash on 2 more points of octane.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Same here. Beautiful car though. That may actually be worth something approaching the asking price.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
The funny part about the Craigslist keyword trend is the idea of all these toothless rednecks suddenly becoming SEO wizards.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Fuuuck. I would buy that jag literally today if it was anywhere near me.

E: Who wants to try to make it across the USA in a craigslist V12 Jaguar?

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

iv46vi posted:

Illinois craigslist is just so full of people with dreams:

I dunno the first one doesn't sound that crazy. A Miata + 3k cash should be more than enough to pick up a 944 NA.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Especially with it being an AZ car. New rubber everywhere, new dash, new interior plastics, etc. There are certain downsides about desert cars.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

trouser chili posted:

Buick Super mobile masturbatorium.

Haha I had the exact same thought "Jerry's Jack Shack"

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

blk posted:

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/4191876487.html

This is generating quite a stir on BAT. It seems like SW20s are getting more attention from people who aren't already MR2 dorks lately. I wonder if the 93+ turbos are going to continue to appreciate.

Wow that is a totally fair price.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Turns out popcorn is an amazing desiccant.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
I love that wheel/color combo on a Miata.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where George buys a LeBaron that was ostensibly owned by Jon Voight.

VV doh! Look at how dumb I am.

revmoo fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Aug 25, 2014

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Amusing how the left bumper is trimmed but the right one is not. Almost like they gave up on this project after realizing how stupid it was.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Ever wanted a V12 7-series for a thousand bucks?

http://louisville.craigslist.org/cto/4688117601.html

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
condition: fair

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
We need a "Redneck Engine Identification Chart" where every engine is a Corvette motor. Just like that spy aircraft weather balloon chart.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
http://louisville.craigslist.org/tls/4836497278.html

What do you all think about this for a restoration candidate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Well it's on Craigslist :p