Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

valinhorn
Jun 25, 2006
I am no one to be Trifled with!!!!

Das Volk posted:

Craigslist has been getting hosed sideways by spammers recently, and doing it in an unconventional way - they're using local phone numbers. If payphones still existed I'd go call one of these guys up just to find out what the deal is.
Just an idea if you really want to find out.

Several caller ID spoofing services are available online that not only hide your number from the recipient's caller ID, they also make the call appear to be coming from another phone number altogether. Even better, you decide what number you want to show up when you call. I recommend this trick at SpoofCard, one of many such services. Just give SpoofCard your number, the number you want to call, and the number you want to show up in the caller ID; SpoofCard takes care of rest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

valinhorn
Jun 25, 2006
I found this beauty today. It looks really awesome. I have never seen a rotary powered Suzuki Sidekick before.

Click here for the full 1280x1024 image.

valinhorn
Jun 25, 2006

ab0z posted:

Guarantee that it's a Puerto Rican guy selling it. Around here almost all the Puerto Rican guys drive rotary powered vehicles, including several vehicles that didnt' originally have rotary engines. One of them has a geo tracker with a loud bridgeported 12a. I think the rotary is their national engine. The only other combo they approve of are old RWD japanese sports cars with V8 engines. (1st gen rx7 with chev 350, S30 Z with mopar big block). They're all pretty nice guys though.

I doubt it given the area that they are living in is complete redneck ville. I have never seen anything even resembling a Puerto Rican within miles of that area. From my understanding everyone in that city is related to each other, but I could be wrong on that one.

valinhorn
Jun 25, 2006

Fart Car '97 posted:

The community is pretty rabid these days about flagging down ads with rampant keyword spamming, at least in Portland. It's pretty nice.

I don't flag those, I just vote best of craigslist

valinhorn
Jun 25, 2006

trouser chili posted:

Isn't that Red Green's civic?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5GnBvpFnzA

I am pretty sure it is. That car is awesome. I would drive it everywhere.

valinhorn
Jun 25, 2006

Xovaan posted:

Not really "gold"; more of a brownish green, but if it were a few thousand less I'd probably sell many assets to get it.

http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/cto/1568926385.html

Click here for the full 1246x530 image.

I don't know why he took this down. I was going to email him about checking it out tomorrow. I really don't think it would sell that quickly.

valinhorn
Jun 25, 2006
fast 97 saturn
http://portland.craigslist.org/nco/cto/1573346055.html

quote:

Would be a good street racer drift car whatever

Click here for the full 1280x1024 image.

valinhorn
Jun 25, 2006

If you live in Portland and have the money we should road trip out to check it over. That care looks like it would be worth the drive to Pendleton

valinhorn
Jun 25, 2006

allonblack posted:

I do live in Portland - but if I went to see this, I'd buy it and if I bought it my wife would slaughter me. ;)

I am in the same boat, otherwise I would be getting it for myself

valinhorn
Jun 25, 2006

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/cto/1588321073.html

"car haved theft in Idaho.it's made tilled damage ."

:what:

I mean, the pictures look drat pretty... but what the gently caress is "made tilled damage" supposed to mean?!

This looks like a neighborhood right by mine. I should check what he means by damaged because it looks like a sweet car.

valinhorn
Jun 25, 2006
Not from Craigslist but this ebay auction is to sweet to pass up.

1957 Fiat Abarth 600 Rally Car

quote:

1957 Fiat 600 Abarth vintage race car: SCCA, VARA, La Carrera Panamericana

Description - This is a one of a kind vintage turnkey race car in great condition. It is currently set up for vintage racing: road racing and road rallies. It is also street legal (licensed and titled)

History- This car has been raced for over 20 years on the west coast with numerous wins and many top 5's, it has competed with Vara, SCCA, SWMS and pro auto, and participated in the 2007 La Carrera Panamerican, An historic 2000 mile, 7 day road rally across Mexico with competitors from all over the globe. The car had the smallest displacement in the race and therefore was started last in the 100 car field, It not only finished every stage and every day of the race without a mechanical failure, it crossed the finish line in the top 50, ahead of many cars with V8"s and many times the displacement, and support. It won the popular award and was one of the few Carrera cars featured in the Automovil Magazine (see pic). It is also featured is the book La Carrera Panamericana – “The World’s Greatest Road Race!” by John Tipler. If you are familiar with the Carrera Panamericana then you will have an idea of the capabilities of this car: many cars with engines more expensive than the cost of this car do not finish the race.

There is a YouTube clip of the car racing in the La Carrera Panamericana. Go to Youtube.com and type in the title La Carrera Panamericana 2007 Fiat and watch/listen to the car race by.

valinhorn
Jun 25, 2006

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/cto/1595313935.html

Maybe I'm not well-informed, but after sitting in a yard/field like that for what appears to be since Bush said "no new taxes", I have a hard time believing it's "good conditioned".

Being from Beavercreek I can tell you that "Good Condition" is very subjective out there, to him this might be good condition compared to his other cars.It looks really bad but that could just be from the dirt. Sometimes field cars hold up well, but a lot of times they don't. He does say it would be a good project car, and it is in better shape than some projects I have seen started.

valinhorn
Jun 25, 2006
This is all kinds of Gold. Seattle Goons get on this

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/1600733774.html

Click here for the full 1275x1152 image.

Awesome Sticker, check!

Dildo Shift Knob, Check!

valinhorn
Jun 25, 2006

allonblack posted:

Click here for the full 1066x717 image.

http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/ctd/1609115139.html

"HI am selling my ride it has turbo and turbo boosters and has nos it's dyno it's aftermarket it;s full cat back Exhaust 4 in call for more info call alex at 503 995 7055"

TURBO AND TURBO BOOSTERS, ITS DYNO

I am always surprise when people can't properly spell common words. I am going to call this guy because I want to see how messed up that car really is.

valinhorn
Jun 25, 2006

blankooie posted:

Site says 4200lbs, and individual waivers may be granted... You might be able to chop it down to weight, add lightweight safety equipment, and be granted the go ahead.

I have never heard of them actually weighing the vehicles at a LeMons event either. They just eyeball it, so if you can make it look lighter, even if it isn't, you would probably get the go ahead too.

valinhorn
Jun 25, 2006

quote:

Of course the pictures show that its way better than stock

valinhorn
Jun 25, 2006

Sterndotstern posted:

Phoenix, asking $7k, and tempting me horribly. Instead, took a left on Responsibilities Rd, paid off debts.

Goddamn, please one of you Phoenix goons buy it and race it.

Racing? That looks like a great daily driver to me, but I have a really short commute, so I might not be a good judge here.

valinhorn
Jun 25, 2006
This one didn't look so bad

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/1657223820.html

quote:

audi a4 - $3000 (pdx)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-03-23, 7:14AM PDT
Reply to: sale-qqzpv-1657223820@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Selling my 98 audi A4 1.8T with just over 93K. Santorin blue with black leather, power everything, none quattro, tiptronic/automatic, this car has been my daily driver for the past 3 years the tags just expired last month.

Mods:
lowered on tein springs
APR chip
custom 2.5" turboback exhaust
front mount intercooler

It sat for almost two months now I tried to start it a few days ago it cranks but doesn't turn over so the car will have to be towed away the battery is still good I dont know what it is I dont have money to take it to a shop im asking 3000 obo any more questions Call or Text (503)290-8615
The car does have a reconstructed title I bought it this way from previous owner.

That was until I got to this pic of the headliner:

valinhorn
Jun 25, 2006
Ken Block's Gymkhana Rally Car - $1250 (Manitowoc)

http://greenbay.craigslist.org/cto/1687884680.html

quote:

Wanting to trade for an extended cab 4x4 truck and some cash on my end. Also will sell for $1500 with wheels, $1250 with stock wheels/tires.

Wheels are 17" Motegi and have 235-45-17 BFG G-force on them right now.

160,000 miles, recently serviced, A/C, cruise, tilt, cd player, power windows, power locks, power seats. 8 passengers.
Hidden trailer hitch, fold-up backwards facing seat, custom center console, cold air intake, corvette roll pan, hood pins, functional hood scoop, Rally lights/bar, locking billet gas cap, green underglow.

Very dependable, and good on gas. Has been on 500 mile road trips with no issues. Gets around 24-28 mpg!

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

valinhorn
Jun 25, 2006

Minkee posted:

This is probably at least 9 kinds of awesome.

I was really hoping he would post rally action pics of it.

valinhorn
Jun 25, 2006

Jorsh posted:

http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/cto/1741523991.html

nnngggg if only I was near portland or had the time to drive that thing back to the east coast.

If you are really interested in this I could check it out for you.

valinhorn
Jun 25, 2006

Geared Hub posted:

Ah another crazy H1 auction:

Something that crosses two fan bases but doesn't really make it practical for either side to consider buying. Either too nice to use or too expensive to own.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120592364877

http://www.starwarshummer.com/

It's the Darth Vader Hummer Taco Bell prize from 96-97, back when everyone was getting excited about the special editions and news of the prequels.

The last time I saw this for sale the guy wanted $250,000 for it. :v:

Still priced too high, it would get high book value because it's in mint shape but IMO the star wars stuff doesn't add any value to it.

It's sort of like folks who hack Delorians up to make BTTF cars and then expect to sell them for 2-3x the value of the car. :doh:

/edit

Turns out my friend built it for the promotion back in 96-97, it was originally a white soft top, but the problem was they wanted a Gasoline powered black soft top [at this point the Gasser model H1's had a very short production run]. All they could source was a white model which was repainted black for this promotion.

That pick from the car show is the Roadster Show here in Portland, which I get volunteered to help out with every year. I have seen this thing driving around and I would never pay that kind of money for it. I wish I would have grabbed some pics of the owner while he was driving this thing in. I am frankly surprised he isn't a goon.

valinhorn
Jun 25, 2006
Only slight and minor modifications...

http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/cto/2027828290.html

quote:

1986 SUBARU - $300 (SILVERTON, OR)

Date: 2010-10-26, 9:33PM PDT
Reply to: sale-v4zst-2027828290@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

1986 SUBARU 4X4 HI & LOW, SLIGHT & MINOR MODIFICATIONS, 5 SPEED, FUN LITTLE CAR, YOU MIGHT NOT WANT TO TAKE THIS ONE OUT ON THE ROAD. BUT RUNS GOOD 300 OBO OR BEST TRADE CALL TEXT OR EMAIL. DAN (503) 851-7877

valinhorn
Jun 25, 2006
Ultimateforce needs to haggle this guy down and buy this car.

I want to see what awesome neon color he would paint it. It can only get better right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

valinhorn
Jun 25, 2006
I can't tell if these guys are trolling or just awesome. Either way I like it

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/2203649898.html

quote:

1982 FIAT SPIDER - $7900 (GRESHAM, OR)

Date: 2011-02-08, 9:55AM PST
Reply to: sale-a8eau-2203649898@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

1982 FIAT SPIDER 2000, 83000 MILES. MUST SEE!! NEW PAINT, ENGINE, INTERIOR, TIRES, LIKE NEW!! RUNS GREAT RED W/ TAN INTERIOR
CALL