Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
Let's Play Sunday School Vol. 7: Noah's Ark? Why the hell would I want to read that? Who is docfuture? I see he has an archived Sonic 2 VLP, but I've played that game to death, so again I ask why would I want to read any of those?

Because docfuture will gently caress up your mind.

His Sonic 2 thread is a work of art that bares only a passing resemblance to what you'd expect out of a Sonic 2 VLP. You just have to watch the whole thing to see what I mean. His Noah's Ark thread promises to be just as awesome. No one puts more effort into his videos that docfuture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

Fray Joker posted:

ChuckMaster's Moment of Silence thread.

People, just read the OP, it'll take 30 seconds. That's all it will take to get you hooked. DO IT.

ChuckMaster's taken a crappy game and made it into a hilarious parody by inserting his own characters. There are some updates that don't progress the game at all because he's off doing his own thing. Between the inserted dialog and the subtle photoshoppery, this is one of the funniest threads I've ever read. The only problem is not enough readers.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
VoidBurger's Silent Hill 0rigins thread.

From Earth left a pretty big legacy regarding Silent Hill LPs. I was very relieved to see VoidBurger's test posts, and the fact that they didn't suck. In fact, the LP is a lot better than I would have expected, and I don't think I could have asked for a better person to do a Silent Hill LP. We're very little into the game so far, but this is already a fantastic thread. Each video has had a real laugh out loud part, and I mean loud belly laugh. VoidBurger's giving the game proper, little details about you might have missed while playing, cuts to previous Silent Hill games to explain things, totally random additions for humor, and so on. As long as the thread keeps up its current level of quality, it'll be one of the best in recent memory.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

CannonFodder posted:

James315 makes everyone his bitch in Thirty-Two Armies of One: Let's Play BATTLEFIELD 1942.

Really, this LP is fantastic. It doesn't matter if you've never played any Battlefield game (I haven't) because James315 explains everything so well, and it becomes very obvious that he's tremendously good at the game. Being a multiplayer game with a small community, there's even recurring players that 315 repeatedly kills, much to their frustration. And one retarded pubbie typing in the team chat makes for funny videos when 315 murders them.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

Orthogonalus posted:

Well, there it is then, if you have archives. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2862602

I seem to remember some of the images going missing on this. If it's not, this one needs to be archived, it's fantastic.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

MY FANTASYS.zip posted:

Thank you very much. I'm able to replace the missing images using this, so it shouldn't take long to edit it and publish it on baldurk's site.

Both of you are pretty awesome for doing this. Thank you.

Content: God of War 2 just started, is totally awesome, and is highly likely to be finished. The first God of War looks pretty weak in comparison to the first three videos posted of GoW2.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

C... posted:

Another unabashed request: are there any space-based 4X LPs (Sword of the Stars, Master of Orion, Galactic Civilizations etc) worth checking out?

Back in the old non-SA recommendation thread someone posted a link to this which came in three parts. It's a little light on screenshots, but I'd call it an LP and I liked it a lot.

A MOO2 LP has been archived.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
There's great entertainment in watching yourself get trolled really, really well by a guy who's putting a lot of effort into his trolling.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
Kaubocks' VLP for Half-Minute Hero

I like this LP because Kaubocks is showing everything off, edits things nicely, and knows when to let the game do the talking. I wouldn't have watched this LP if I didn't read this comment in the sandcastle:

Waffleman_ posted:

This game is like Final Fantasy and WarioWare had a hilarious baby. :allears:

That got me interested! It's not the kind of thread that generates much discussion, so people might have missed it or passed it over not knowing what it was. But it's really good!

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

ferndavant posted:

I'm looking for some good insomnia cure LPs.

Anymore chill video Let's Plays out there? Preferably completed and lengthy.

People have asked this before, and frequently people tell them about my DefCon thread. I know you're not supposed to shill your own LPs, but this has come up before, and I don't exactly take it as a compliment that these videos are good for putting you to sleep, but whatever, apparently they do.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
That was on Jade Star's viddler account, and I've been bugging him to reupload it but he's stubborn.

Edit: I got this if it helps set the mood?

GuavaMoment fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Dec 26, 2012

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
Volcano Style Crumbling Centurion?

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

Marcade posted:

Edit: I just checked the short game theater 3 thread and it seems that Viddler ate all of the M&B videos.

He has the originals and will upload them to youtube, hopefully within the decade.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

bladedsmoke posted:

So I want my :10bux: worth. Are there any good screenshot LPs that can only be found in the Archives? (i.e. aren't on the external LP Archive site.)

I can't believe no one has archived ChuckMaster's A Moment of Silence LP. Yes, all the images died but someone saved the entire thread as html documents and was supposed to archive it from that.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

Raenir K. Artemi posted:

X-Com: Apocalypse was goldmined too... Or at least it says so on the LPArchive. Clicking the link is giving me the message that it's been archived, and I don't think Goldmined threads are supposed to do that.

It got ungoldmined somehow. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

Vinlaen posted:

EDIT: More specifically, I'm looking for somebody REALLY good at playing NES Punch-Out... (I watched the Giant Bomb video and it got me in the mood...)
You want this. I'd also recommend following SinisterWon on twitch, as he plays Punch-Out regularly.

• Locked thread