Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

galliumscan
Dec 25, 2006

Dammit, Jim, I'm an engineer, not a doctor! No, wait...

poeticoddity posted:

I'm looking for a source of a thin but moderately rigid plastic that could be cut with an x-acto knife. I want to make some stencils larger than the standard size for overhead projector transparencies, but ideally from the same material.

Sheet styrene, from a big hobby shop - one of those places that sells radio controlled planes/ cars, etc... Comes in many different thicknesses, from really thin (like 0.010 in) to pretty thick (like 0.050 in), opaque white.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

galliumscan
Dec 25, 2006

Dammit, Jim, I'm an engineer, not a doctor! No, wait...

Crazyweasel posted:

Tl;dr - open 2" pvc pipe in basement just started dripping, have no idea why or what it is for...thoughts?

A/C's have a primary drain pipe, which you described. They also have an emergency drain should the 1st become clogged, and those typically drain the overflow pan and terminate in a location where they can (optimally) be easily seen. Ours is sent out the eve, in front of a window. If they're dripping, you need to find somebody ASAP to clear the primary. Because if the secondary drain clogs (bees or algae are the usual culprits), then the pan overflows, and the next exit is our ceiling sheetrock.