Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zenaida
Nov 13, 2004
Seems like this forum is mostly artsy/crafty stuff and home improvement, but I found this awesome video this weekend and figured I'd post it.

I wanted to change the air filter in my car, since it hadn't been done in a while and I've been taking a more active interest in my gas mileage. I went to Napa and bought a new one, and realized I didn't really know how/where it was supposed to go. There was nothing in the manual except the part number for the filter, so I turned to my old friend google. The first six howto links I found essentially just said:

1. Remove old filter
2. Clean airbox
3. Put new filter in

Eventually I came across this video: http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-change-your-air-filter which has a rather clever method of doing things and gives a nicely detailed step-by-step. It's in the Queen's English, but all you need to know is that bonnet = hood and everything else translates pretty easily.

Anyhow, this is probably pretty basic stuff for anyone with the gumption to even bother trying it on their own, but I never would have thought of using compressed air to clean it out. It worked like a charm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU