Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Etoniichuan
Oct 27, 2005

Kalista posted:

Here are the Sockapalooza socks I knit for my Swedish pal this summer, modeled by her. They were knit from my handspun too, and were a lot of fun to make. I keep meaning to start a pair for myself.

Sadly, I think I end up giving away most of the stuff I knit before I can take a picture of it. That, and these days I spend more time at my spinning wheel than I do knitting.

Those look great! Where did you get the pattern for them? I recently learned how to make socks, but my heels look really crummy, yours look great!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Etoniichuan
Oct 27, 2005

FelicityGS posted:

I like Kitchener stitch too. Also, drat. I should just sell the crocheted squid I made out of acrylic to the indies!

Hey I made a squid too!

Also this Cthulu!

Etoniichuan fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Jul 4, 2010

Etoniichuan
Oct 27, 2005

Wandering Knitter posted:

For the love of everything good and holy tell me you wrote down a pattern.

Well just the head, and its kind of in my brainless shorthand. I am kind of swamped, but I will try to get all of it written down this week.

Etoniichuan
Oct 27, 2005

I just finished a pair of socks. It was my first pair actually knitted on size 0 needles, instead of worsted weight on size 5 needles. I suspect there are more friggin sts in a pair of socks then there are in a sweater.

My next project is going to be a baby viking hat

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_cy_keSmXS_s/ShYdFpMLgII/AAAAAAAACvU/A7zCQA3zQBw/s1600-h/viking2-300x295.jpg

Since babies grow so fast I don't want to use super expensive yarn, and I want to use something that can easily wash well and pick up baby drool. Any recommendations on type of yarn?