Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

all american
Mar 6, 2007

This aggression will not stand, man.
One of my favorite projects was the MAME table I built a few years ago:

I ended up gutting it about a year ago when my laptop died and I needed a computer, but it was pretty great to have around. Total assembly costs were well under $100, though I scavenged most of the computer parts and really only paid for lumber, the buttons, and the keyboard controller. The interface was totally controllable through the joysticks and buttons, so there was never a need to open it up unless you really wanted to, which was good, since it was a jury-rigged mess inside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

all american
Mar 6, 2007

This aggression will not stand, man.

EigenKet posted:

Wasn't someone on this forum selling something like this? You maybe?

Nope, wasn't me. I'd build one for someone if they wanted it, though. It was tons of fun to make.

wormil posted:

Speaking of MAME Cabs, heres one I converted from an old Sarge cab for someone else. Never did get around to building my own. Notice the fake coin door, built from plywood and stickers, looks good from a distance.

Nice. I wish I had a full-size cab to work with. Maybe one day. I wouldn't be able to stand that joystick configuration, though. Real controls or bust. :D

all american fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Apr 16, 2008