Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Bad Munki posted:

If you live in a small town with limited resources, often times a little church will take one.

I don't think they'll take that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

All the axes I've ever used have been originally painted. Red and orange seem to be popular with manufacturers, but also black.

e: I mean, I've used like five so it's hardly definitive but still...

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Motronic posted:

Don't tell that to every last structural firefighter ever since basically forever.

We have a seat called "irons" where the FF carries a Halligan bar and axe. Everyone is specifically taught several techniques which involve using the striking surface of the axe to drive one side of the bar into door frames.

Axes can absolutely be used as hammers and if they can't well they're just gently caress-poo poo hammers :shrug:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Rotten Cookies posted:

Tile in the bedroom gives you the hellish, no-win choice of putting your feet on cold tile first thing in the morning or wearing socks to bed.

Also I hate cleaning tile grout.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Rotten Cookies posted:

Now imagine having that on the floor from the get go.....

like.... waaallll to waaallll maaaaan

Sounds horrible.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

JEEVES420 posted:

"Living Hinge" is the term you want to google.

Looks like a lot of very painfully pinched fingers to me.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

OK hold that in your hand the way you normally hold a book and then open it.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Submiaower

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I hope you searched on YouTube for that lock to check if there are any videos of a lawyer bypassing it in three seconds with a Playmobil horse or a digestive biscuit or something.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I'll take that as a "no".

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Very nice.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Nice. I'm not too fond of blue, even, but that's nice.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Hadlock posted:

stacking firewood against your house is a top-3 no-no for wildfire prevention

Could even be literally illegal! (It is here.)

e: Also there are some laws and/or statutes concerning just generally keeping piles of unpeeled* wood stacked outside at certain times, due to pest concerns.

*) I'm sure that's not the proper English word for it but what can I do I'm ignorant :shrug:

ee: I'm not saying anyone is going to give a poo poo about the OP's three sticks.

3D Megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Sep 29, 2020

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Is super glue supposed to stick to particle board? Because my experience with it is: it loving doesn't :(

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Hadlock posted:

Oh, yeah this makes sense, 5 minute epoxy + masking tape sounds perfect thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for

Super glue, I don't know how you could use it wrong, but I've never had that stuff successfully work for me; it just turns into a crusty mess and flakes apart after a couple of weeks if not hours. In all the RC airplane videos it's just this magic glue that always works

I use the super glue (don't remember which) that I know from a previous job they use for industrial installations to attach something and I don't know what but apparently it sticks to that thing amazingly well and lasts decades, but I do know the thing is not a thing I've personally ever tried to use it for at home.

fake edit: I think it's Loctite 454 or something like that.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

coldpudding posted:

Have you ever looked at your keyboard and said "gosh darn it I sure wish I had more keys" well I did and I decided to do something about it.

The concept

A nice idea But I didn't want to go tearing up a rather expensive keyboard.

The alternative

The keyboard extender.yes I know some key caps are missing I lost them behind a desk ok

Sadly I lost all the build pics but it's made of 2 stainless steel keyboard plates cut and brazed together then silver soldered to a steel frame.
All 100 switches are wired together into a 10 by 10 matrix with diodes and are then connected to a driver board via a DB25 socket to make
swapping the driver board fast and easy.

It's a bit of a mess but it works

The result

I call it the FUMK board or the gently caress you more keys board, I still have finish the case and go through the painful process of flashing firmware onto it but in terms of hardware it's 90% done.

Now eat a durian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Jestery posted:

turmeric anthotype pgotograms

prisencolinensinainciusol