Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

nonentity posted:

Really, the random lowercase letter works so well with that aesthetic that it woulda been a shame if the russians had decided to make a capital N

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
Made a terrarium decoration/basking spot for my softshell turtle out of foam board & drylok

The newest project - Sorting 400 bins of screws, bolts, nuts, washers, and assorted fasteners, confirming everything is like with like, measuring, and labeling accordingly.

And then storing them on these

Pray for me

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Starker44 posted:

That terrarium looks great. Were is the turtle?

Sorting all that, wow! It would take me FOREVER.
He spends a majority of his time burrowed in the sand - Partly because that's just what softshells do, and partly because I still need to stock the tank with a few plants to give him some cover to feel more comfortable when he's not burrowed

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

They sell closet lights that are battery powered that you just stick right onto the wall/ceiling. Might be a nice compromise

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

wormil posted:

And if the particleboard has a few blemishes it adds authenticity!
Upon completion, immediately pour a can of pop on the controls and rub a slice of pizza over every inch of the thing. Authenticity!

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Bad Munki posted:

A post hole digger would go a long way towards making a tight, clean hole, too.
Like this man said, emphasise to your wife that you are strictly interested in tight, clean holes.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Bad Munki posted:

I slapped a couple potato towers together today.
Those are awesome. I'm gonna have to talk to the lady about altering our garden plans.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

My girlfriend has been wanting one of those photo collage frames for awhile, so I built her one for Christmas. We have a summer home in Wisconsin with an old falling down barn on the property - It's her favorite place in the world, so I built the frame with wood from the barn.

It's not a particularly ambitious project, but I was pleased with how it came out and the lady liked it.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Bad Munki posted:

Oh wait you said the threads were stripped? Then no problem, I guess you get to do whatever you like. If for some reason you needed a smaller thread on the female knob, though, one more solution would be to get a male knob, cut the threads off, and then drill and tap it what whatever teeny tiny size you need.

Transgender knobs? This thread is so progressive.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

FCKGW posted:

It's made from standard fence boards with the dog ears cut off. Lowes sold me the crappiest fence boards for only 80 cents per so it came out even cheaper than the plans.

Holy hell, crappiest or not, those boards were being sold at a Lowe's? They in fact were not dug out of a civil war era grave?

I thought Home Depot's lumber was lovely.

Nice work though

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

ante posted:

How does that work?

Anytime you walk by the machine, it deducts money from your bank account and spits out a pop for whoever is walking behind you.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Bad Munki posted:

A shop like this has been about 15 years in the making. We had finally decided that I would get to build one at our next place, and then this showed up with the structure already in place. Could have been placed a hell of a lot more intelligently, but it'll do.
Just to troll the thread, I hope you leave it completely empty save a lathe in the middle, and just turn pen blanks for the rest of your life.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Bad Munki posted:

Don't worry, I eventually put 3/8" carriage bolts through the posts instead of the little decking screws I was using to fit everything together.
That's all well and good, but are we to infer then that your carriage is now being held together with those decking screws?

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

devmd01 posted:

...it's for my daughter. For her baby dolls.

And a cute photo op. Calm the gently caress down.
Your initial post in no way suggested that.

Like, in any conceivable way.

In fact, unless I've got some sort of learning disability, your original post seems to be missing a decent chunk of info in general. I have no idea what 'they' refers to. Did you just have twins? I dunno man, I feel like I'm meeting you more than halfway on this. More to the point, his response was calm, informative, and helpful.

Slugworth fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Apr 30, 2017

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Spiderjelly posted:

Okay, so I've had some time on my hands, and I decided to build a tree house.
If it's not attached to at least one living tree, I firmly protest your terminology.

Pretty cool log home though.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

canyoneer posted:

my wife is for some reason opposed to tile in bedrooms. I think tile is great and should be everywhere but ok.
You've married above yourself, sir.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Hadlock posted:

Was just having a conversation yesterday about 3D printers and my friend asked "why did they never take off if they are so cheap?" and my response was "turns out people just don't have that much stuff they need to print out".
The reason is we all know how finicky and garbage regular printers are, and can't even imagine how badly that extrapolates out to the third dimension.

And we're right, unfortunately.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

JEEVES420 posted:

Also made a ring out of that resin/burl block I made. The pearl and black swirls look really cool when light hits it from different angles. It turns from black to white in some areas depending on how you move and on the finger it is much more opaque. I think I am going to do several more out of this block to sell.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I've never bought one of these before - If I was to order one of these rings from you, do I measure more towards the tip or more towards the balls?

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

bEatmstrJ posted:

I finished a kitchen remodel.

And still, no toilet in sight.

I actually dig that island. But is there a distinctly different section of floor behind it? Why?

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

FogHelmut posted:

Planter box

Redwood fence pickets, redwood lattice caps, and redwood lattice strips. Not sold on the legs, might change it.

Can redwood sawdust cause a bad sore throat? I can't explain where it came from with the social distancing, mask wearing, not touching anything, washing and disinfecting constantly, no one else in my house leaving or interacting with anyone. And I don't feel sick at all otherwise.
All sawdust can, definitely. And the more you expose yourself to it, the more sensitive you get over time. I know it's not super possible right now, but get yourself a good respirator for wood working.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Please make a separate thread to detail all of this. Not because this isn't an appropriate spot, but because I'm sure we would all love to see more.