Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Art Vandelay
Mar 21, 2003
I built a simple coffee table.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Art Vandelay
Mar 21, 2003

Haikeeba! posted:

I really like that table. Simple and elegant. What sort of joinery did you use? I've been playing around with some types i don't normally use, like mortice and tenon joins recently, so I'd be interested to know how you did it.

The top is built on a piece of 1/4" MDF, since I needed support for the tiles. So the boards that form the tabletop are simply glued to the MDF and each other.

The legs are put together with glue and dowel pins. I just used a hand drill for those - in retrospect, I should have built some kind of simple jig, and a drill press would have been handy, but it came out alright. Its sturdy enough that I can sit on it, but I'm not sure it's terribly strong.