Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boogeyman
Sep 29, 2004

Boo, motherfucker.
My latest project was redoing my master bedroom. When I first moved in, this is what it looked like...

From the hallway, looking in...

From the corner of the room, looking at the closet...

I wanted to frame the closet in to put in mirrored sliding doors, but the dumbass electrician that redid the wiring years ago put the main panel right in the way. I ended up framing the closet out a bit to clear the box, making it a bit deeper than it was originally. I replaced all of the baseboards and trim, installed crown molding, replaced the original door with a 6 panel door, and installed a Rubbermaid shelftrack system in the closet. It turned out pretty nice, considering how nasty it was to begin with and all of the problems I ran into along the way.

From the hallway, looking in...

From the corner of the room, looking at the closet...

From the other corner, looking at the door...

I'll be putting carpet down as soon as I finish my spare bedroom since I need to do them both at the same time. The asbestos tile really isn't doing it for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boogeyman
Sep 29, 2004

Boo, motherfucker.

Spike McAwesome posted:

Note to self: When painting a bedroom, lay something over the carpet so if the paint spills, it's no big deal.

Another handy tip: when painting light colored trim in a dark colored room, put a plastic bag over the paint can and lid before hammering the lid back on.

I was pounding the lid back onto the paint can when the paint left on the rim of the can came spraying out and spattered all over two of the walls nearest me. I spent the next half hour trying to sponge off what I could and the rest of the day touching up the remaining spatters with a loving q-tip.