Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Trying to repair an oven. I think it's the relays. Can I buy replacements? I am pretty sure the same part is no longer made, and I don't know how to tell if something will work as an equivalent. Trying to search I find things that look the same but say DC instead of AC which seems like I'm no where close.

Here's a photo

The contact is scorched. It looks like this on both the bake and broil relays.

Symptoms: When you turn on the oven and set it to bake, it pre-heats normally, with the element cycling on and off during pre-heating. Then when it reaches the set temp, the element stays on and will not turn off until you turn off the oven.

Model numbers etc. on the two parts

Potter & Brumfield
T90N5D12-12-10
047-00077
15A N.O.
10A N.C.
240VAC
10A, 240VAC
MADE IN U.S.A.

OMRON
MADE IN INDONESIA
047-00088-00
G8P-UA-006103
30A250VAC
15A125VAC
30X8H2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Right on, thanks!

Rexxed posted:

the 12V is control power, I guess.

Ohhh, that makes more sense. I figured I was missing something

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Hmm, dang. Well, it has a digital read out of the temperature which appears functional (again, during pre-heating but not after), so I'm pretty sure it's on the board not a sensor.