Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prof. Ann Mary Ann
Mar 13, 2008

♫  He’s a hypnotist,
   hypnotist of ladies  ♫
Fiber arts people, I would like some guidance/advice.

A few years ago, I took a couple of weaving courses at a local crafts school and enjoyed them. I have not done any since, but there's a local handweavers guild in my town. I'm pretty sure I can get back into with that and the help of books.

I desire a more creative part-time job. I currently do search engine evaluation, and it is boring boring boring. I can gladly put in 20+ hours a week on a craft which is more than I'm doing in my e-job.

Am I nuts for thinking about ditching the e-job for Etsy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prof. Ann Mary Ann
Mar 13, 2008

♫  He’s a hypnotist,
   hypnotist of ladies  ♫
I figured as much. Though I neglected to add that I only earn chump change at my day job. I'm not much more than a housewife right now. So yeah, I've got tons of time to make and hype stuff.

Thanks for the tip about Pinterest and Tumblr. I actually earned my degree in photography so I'm not worried about getting good photos.

Please elaborate on the resellers. Do they massively undercut on price or something?

Prof. Ann Mary Ann
Mar 13, 2008

♫  He’s a hypnotist,
   hypnotist of ladies  ♫
I hope this isn't too off-topic, but I've a question for people on Facebook. Do you have a regular page, or did you create a product or business page for your business? Is there a big difference or advantages to business pages?

Edit: I don't have a personal page at all and don't want one. I would be signing up as a business with any sort of page.
VVVVV

Prof. Ann Mary Ann fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Sep 2, 2012

Prof. Ann Mary Ann
Mar 13, 2008

♫  He’s a hypnotist,
   hypnotist of ladies  ♫

I built this light tent out of a cardboard box once for some product shots. It works well. You could shine lights into the sides in addition to the top. Lighting is (nearly) everything needed for good photos. Put your camera on a tripod too if you're not already.

Prof. Ann Mary Ann
Mar 13, 2008

♫  He’s a hypnotist,
   hypnotist of ladies  ♫
When I used the box tent I found that it needs really bright light to work the best. One 40 watt lamp on the top didn't cut it.

Prof. Ann Mary Ann
Mar 13, 2008

♫  He’s a hypnotist,
   hypnotist of ladies  ♫
I just opened a shop on Halloween to peddle nail polish. There are only two varieties available now, but more are in the works.

Sinister Benediction Nail Lacquers

Giant product photo

Prof. Ann Mary Ann
Mar 13, 2008

♫  He’s a hypnotist,
   hypnotist of ladies  ♫

Jonny 290 posted:

I would be interested to see what you could do in some greens. My wife loves blinged out green polishes.

I have a green one now. Is a multichrome blingy enough?

I also have a purple one.

Code GOONYGOON for 10% off.
/shill

Prof. Ann Mary Ann
Mar 13, 2008

♫  He’s a hypnotist,
   hypnotist of ladies  ♫

Korovyev posted:

Now I just have to get my work from home permits in order and comply with the stupid California law of "advertise in your area for 4 weeks if you're a new company."

Wait, what? I'll be moving to CA soon. Where can I read up on the hoops I have to jump through there?

Prof. Ann Mary Ann
Mar 13, 2008

♫  He’s a hypnotist,
   hypnotist of ladies  ♫
I'm days away from a halfway-across-the-country move. The fewer things I have to pack, the better. Wednesday or Thursday will be the last day of my moving sale. If you like nail polish you can get 15% off at my shop with the MOVING2013 coupon.

If you don't wear polish you can just swing by the Facebook if you enjoy clicking like buttons.

Prof. Ann Mary Ann
Mar 13, 2008

♫  He’s a hypnotist,
   hypnotist of ladies  ♫
I recently moved across several states and have just brought back my nail polish shop from vacation mode. GOONYGOON is good for 10% off.

Prof. Ann Mary Ann
Mar 13, 2008

♫  He’s a hypnotist,
   hypnotist of ladies  ♫
:spooky: My shop is having a one year anniversary sale. :spooky:

Goon-made nail polish for 40% off. Pop over to SinBen and use ANNIVERSARY at checkout. Sale ends with Halloween.

Prof. Ann Mary Ann
Mar 13, 2008

♫  He’s a hypnotist,
   hypnotist of ladies  ♫
I'll throw in :10bux: for the next banner too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prof. Ann Mary Ann
Mar 13, 2008

♫  He’s a hypnotist,
   hypnotist of ladies  ♫
Solenna, is it ok to paypal you the :10bux: as friend/family?

Goon/Lady Goon: Prof. Ann Mary Ann
Shop: Sinister Benediction
Creates: Yet more nerdy indie nail polishes
Coupon Code: GOONMAS for 20% off purchase (minimum purchase $8, valid until 2014)