Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Does it feel like your love life has gotten a bit stale? Do you suspect that your partner is no longer attracted to you? Why not do what the ancient assyrians did and smear crushed Lobsta Fahts on their cock before applying a thin layer of Iron Dust on your Junk. They won’t be able to resist you.

Wandering Knitter posted:

Apparently etsy deleted all of their old groups. Is it okay if I make the Goon etsy group?

Please do. I went to the old group once to see what I could buy from a goon and

"Sorry, etsy shop not found."

Oh. So many lost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Does it feel like your love life has gotten a bit stale? Do you suspect that your partner is no longer attracted to you? Why not do what the ancient assyrians did and smear crushed Lobsta Fahts on their cock before applying a thin layer of Iron Dust on your Junk. They won’t be able to resist you.

Skutter posted:

It's my turn to recommend a fellow goon altazakin's shop! I just ordered some stuff today based on all the amazing recommendations in this thread. I'm excited!

Oh god you have persimmon perfume! Expect an order whenever the gently caress I have money. Soon I hope. I love persimmons.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Cross posting this. I hope no one here was affected, but I figured a heads up might be helpful!

Stolen from tumblr here: http://cosmomoore.tumblr.com/post/182861239591

https://twitter.com/sadiemcshadie/status/1096516453589647361?s=09

the above twitter posted:

Trouble at Etsy. Accounts have been seeing charges of over $5000 to their credit cards connected to their shop accounts. Shoppers might want to check their accounts as well. Etsy took $12,000 from this shop owner @etsy #etsy

There's more in the twitter thread linked above. That tweet was posted on Feb 15th 2019.

mirrorada posted:

http://mirrorada.tumblr.com/post/182874720435
It gets better (worse) Etsy is returning the money via the payment account. They also halted all payments out going on Friday and returned(recalled) any that had started processing. They payment account is seeing these returns/refunds as new transactions which is hitting people with another 5%+ And what has Etsy said about all this?

One. loving. Moderator. Post.

That’s it. One post amounting to “sorry, our bad” no public announcement or apology, no site wide announcement, no mass email. Due to what they have called an “unexpected site error” they cleaned out people’s bank accounts, causing many frozen accounts, leaving people with overdraft fees and no money over a 3 day weekend (it’s presidents day on Monday, so financial institutions won’t process poo poo till Tuesday)

gently caress Etsy.

They’ve been dead silent about this happening, many people still aren’t aware, and only become so because another Etsy seller has told them. Only a handful of people effected by the stop/refund on processing payments got an email explaining why, and Etsy didn’t start contacting people who had money stolen untill there was a 20 page deep thread with people complaining.

Someone in the master thread went through and added up all the $ amounts from users actually reporting, mind you this is likely just a fraction of the people effected, and it totaled over $600k.

Six hundred thousand USD. Because of a supposed “site error”
Bull poo poo.

Also, by sending the money back the way Etsy is, the affected sellers may have to pay taxes on that money. Yikes.