Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tinydryad
Aug 13, 2004

This newb claimed by ChlamydiaJones; remember, bad things happen in theaters sometimes.

I just opened a shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/Tinyfelts Right now I'm selling small felt owls, good for ornaments and such. I'm hoping to add crocheted snowflakes once we get closer to winter.

I would love to get some feedback. Does the pricing seem reasonable? Are there any other tags I should use?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tinydryad
Aug 13, 2004

This newb claimed by ChlamydiaJones; remember, bad things happen in theaters sometimes.

iwannabebobdylan posted:

If $12 doesn't seem low to you, it doesn't seem high to me. This coming from someone who didn't know that they were in the felted owl market until 3 minutes ago. One thing I want though is a photo of the back. You could probably use the same pic for all of them (maybe?) or if it's a solid color just tell us which.

Overall it looks great! I think diversifying will only help you. Also, when I have a few similar listings, I make one of them for boy's birthday art deco and another one girl's graduation retro for the occasions. If they like your owls in one color, they'll come see the shop no doubt.

The backs are solid, same color as the main body with a little corner of the wing sticking out. I'll probably do a photo of the back and use it to replace (or combine it with) the size picture. Thanks!

Tinydryad
Aug 13, 2004

Made my first custom order/ sale! It's to my friend so it only counts about halfway, but still yay!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/106528669/custom-emily-owl-for-mary

I think I'll do the little name badge as an owl upgrade option. It should be a hit around the holidays for ornaments, or for a baby's birthday.

Tinydryad
Aug 13, 2004

flutterbyblue posted:

And I think the name tag thing is a fabulous idea Tinydryad! I may have to come skulking around near Christmas to snag an owl for my husband and me.

Awesome! I just have to figure out how to word it- The "name" could be any text really, so long as it fits. I need to figure out how many characters will fit.

FYI, your avatar is the CUTEST. So cute. :3:

Tinydryad
Aug 13, 2004

Custom "name plate" owl upgrade is live!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/106709766/personalized-custom-owl-upgrade

It looks like I can fit two lines of text with 10 characters each. I figured that out with the most random phrase possible- "Sandwiches very good!" I uh, wasn't exactly full of ideas that night. Any ideas on other sample phrases I could put up?

Tinydryad
Aug 13, 2004

Mizufusion posted:

You could be a total goon and do something like "I am protected". Your stitching is really neat and these would be great Christmas ornaments, especially one with a name and date. Maybe make another one that says Christmas 2012, or a pair of names for couples, or something like "Baby's First Christmas". If you can get a picture of one on something that looks like a Christmas tree, even better!

Boyfriend and I celebrated our first Christmas together last year, and we each picked out really silly-looking bird ornaments from Target, and I made some owls from thrift store socks, felt, and buttons. I'd love to make something like "derpy bird ornament" a tradition, and now I'm getting carried away thinking of ways you could customize them with holly, candy canes, bells, and Santa hats. Please feel free to disregard me.

No way I'm disregarding those good-rear end ideas! I went to HobLob yesterday and it's going to be cute as poo poo for an owl to be wearing a tiny Santa hat over one ear while holding a little candy cane. :3:

Good idea also about taking pics on a tree- I'll have to bring mine up from the basement and do that.

ekoh posted:

My fiance and I have a new shop for things cut on our CNC router. We do custom orders, too!

http://dfdstudio.etsy.com Use coupon code DFDS15 for 15% off!

I love the gear magnets! Could you give one of them a handle to make turning them even easier? It makes me think of the Gears Go Round toy I had when I was a kid.

Tinydryad
Aug 13, 2004

Count me in as well!

Tinydryad
Aug 13, 2004

Anybody in the market for wee felt owls can get 15% off with code: GOONS15

I need to get around to posting some more. Custom orders welcome. :) Hopefully the Christmas thread will help me get my first non-friend sale.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/Tinyfelts

Tinydryad
Aug 13, 2004

I made Batman owls for Halloween :3

https://www.etsy.com/listing/111764884/pocket-felt-super-hero-owl-batman-in

I did a prototype Joker but it isn't quite right- it's hard to give an owl a demented grin!

Tinydryad
Aug 13, 2004

A few Santa owls are live on Etsy! The photos aren't the best but I took 'em when I had the time, so what the heck. I've been making them in green and red combinations, any suggestions on other seasonal colors? I was thinking a royal blue and sliver type thing might be the next to try.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/Tinyfelts?ref=si_shop

I've been stuck at work with a lot of time to work on these, so there will be more to come.

Tinydryad
Aug 13, 2004

Mizufusion posted:

Oh god I need one of those. I'll probably wait until it's closer to Christmas, though. I'm thinking of either a light green body with dark green wings, or a white body with dark green wings. :neckbeard:

You got it. I'll make sure to set aside a lil' hat and cane for you whenever you decide. I'm running low on the candy canes already. :P I hopefully will get more, but Hob Lob is already running out of the parts I want, in NOVEMBER. I guess I'll know for next year when I see them put parts out that I want in August to buy them all then!

Tinydryad
Aug 13, 2004

OMG guys I had my mind blown at the post office the other day. I was standing in line with all the other poor fools trying to mail stuff, with my three envelopes. I knew that each envelope would be $1.95 to ship, having sent out several of the exact thing before. When I got my turn at the counter, I asked the post office lady if I used $2 of stamps could I just leave these out for my postman? She said of course I can- then even helped me figure out how to add up exactly $1.95 in stamps. (Did you know that they make a $1.05 stamp? For some reason they do.) Brilliant! Why didn't I think of this sooner? Now I don't have to stand in the line, or even go to the post office until I use up the stamps! I'm super excited at this. :v:

Tinydryad
Aug 13, 2004

Wandering Knitter posted:

I don't know about where you live, but my postman actually refuses to pick up boxes left in the mailbox.

Well that's lame. Mine are envelopes- and I haven't actually tried it yet since I had to go to the post office to mail my secret Santa gift. Even if he won't, I can at least skip the line in the post office and drop them off. Still better!

Tinydryad
Aug 13, 2004

I've added some Valentine's owls in my shop! They're pretty cute if I do say so myself.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/Tinyfelts?ref=si_shop

Tinydryad
Aug 13, 2004

Unabaumer, I'd like to get a D20 keychain for my husband to match the ugly rear end dice he always used to use. :) They were black and white speckled with red text. Do you have any that look like that?

Tinydryad
Aug 13, 2004

Mizufusion posted:

Aw, thanks. :3:

I'm sure things will pick up again soon, it's just really slow and frustrating lately. :sigh:

I haven't sold anything since before Christmas. After the big pre- christmas rush I was more than ready for a break so I didn't mind for quite some time. Now I want to get it moving again. Time to list some new stuff, I guess!

Tinydryad
Aug 13, 2004

It's time for some new stuff!

Some local sports team themed owls:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/127895031/pocket-felt-owl-gold-black-and-white?ref=shop_home_active
https://www.etsy.com/listing/127893511/pocket-felt-owl-blue-red-and-yellow-ku?ref=v1_other_1

Batman and Robin owls are available again:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/112514476/pocket-felt-super-hero-owls-batman-and?ref=shop_home_active

And just to mix things up, Nyan Cat cross stitched hand towel:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/128269853/nyan-cat-cross-stitch-rainbow-hand-towel

Goons15 gets you 15% off.

Tinydryad
Aug 13, 2004

Wandering Knitter posted:

My job has me working 50-60 hours a week, so any help would be appreciated.

I'm thinking maybe this year of having everyone pay a flat $10 for the banners, and every $30 I just buy another one. Or would people prefer the old way of waiting to see how many people there are, and then dividing the cost?

Count me in, I got many lovely goon sales last year. I also vote for the simple and easy $10 option.

Tinydryad
Aug 13, 2004

Solenna, thanks for being the motivator this year! Ten bux have been sent your way.

Tinydryad
Aug 13, 2004

Yes! GOONS15 gets you 15% off.

Tinydryad
Aug 13, 2004

Radio! posted:

Hey shopowners do you guys send out like a receipt or anything with your items? Just like a slip that has your shop name on it or something? I'm trying to decide what to send with stuff I ship out, because it would seem weird to just send the item without my shop name on it anywhere.

I ordered business cards and business card magnets from Vistaprint, and I put a magnet and a card or two in each order. I hope that the customer loves my crap so much that they give a card to a friend!

Vistaprint can be super cheap, especially if you can grab a groupon.

Tinydryad
Aug 13, 2004

Solenna posted:

So around this time last year, we started talking about the SA-Mart thread.

I think the $10 getting you a listing in the thread with your info and banner worked really well last year, and while I'm not sure about running the thread again, I would definitely throw in $10.

I am absolutely in again. Goons are great customers!

Tinydryad
Aug 13, 2004

Emailed, paypalled, hooray! Big thanks for doing this.

Check me out at:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/Tinyfelts

GOONS15 gets you 15% off.

Tinydryad
Aug 13, 2004

Solenna posted:

Aaaaaaaaaand thread is live!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3749553

there's a banner ad that'll be up right away too

I want in again! Shall I send you tenbux?

Tinydryad
Aug 13, 2004

Solenna posted:

sure! I will message you on etsy with info!

Done! Can you just copy my bits and pieces from last year's thread? It's all the same.
Thanks for volunteering to run it this time around. :)

Goons are great customers!

Tinydryad
Aug 13, 2004

So, how were Etsy sales this holiday season for all you folks? Mine were really really dead. The least I've sold since I opened my shop.

Tinydryad
Aug 13, 2004

Eodoin posted:

Are the Christmas thread/ads going to happen this year? I missed out last year and was hoping to join in this time.

I'd be interested in participating in the yearly thread, even though last year I had a grand total of zero orders for the holidays. It seems like last year was weird for lot of people though. If somebody's up for running it, my tenbux are ready. :)

Tinydryad
Aug 13, 2004

I'm in but I don't have PMs (mostly a lurker.) Where to send tenbux, plz?

All my stuff is the same as last year, is the old thread still around?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tinydryad
Aug 13, 2004

Excellent, sent. Thanks for wrangling the thread!