Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Noricae
Nov 19, 2004

cheese?
I have no idea how I missed this thread (thanks NatashaQuick for pointing me here!), but I'd love to be part of the holiday banner event stuff thing.... (let me know how this works ;)).

This is my shop:

http://indigobananas.etsy.com (part of etsy's goon squad, but that's not that active).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noricae
Nov 19, 2004

cheese?
I'd like that too. I started going through the thread but it's so old that a lot of shops aren't there anymore so I gave up. Maybe a new thread would be good too? *waves money at people*

edit: Vv Yeah, not a rush and I'm anticipating the holiday thread for that very reason :)

Noricae fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Nov 2, 2013

Noricae
Nov 19, 2004

cheese?
Yeah, totally agreed. Wait until you hear from her, especially considering the nature of the item, the work that goes into it, and the limited edition fabric. Some customers are hard (impossible) to please and you have your limits too (such as not rushing around on Thanksgiving) :)

edit:

Oh! And I almost forgot:

Goon/Lady Goon: Noricae
Shop: Indigo Bananas
URL: https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/IndigoBananas or Edgy Polish (Sweden/north EU) or Mei Mei's Signatures (Singapore)
Creates: Custom nail polishes, including duochrome, holographic and glow in the dark, inspired by awesome stuff like Blade Runner and Eddie Izzard!
Coupon Code: GOONSAVES for 10% off

The above coupon runs through Jan 1, and I am also having a black friday sale for 25% off with code PAINTITBLACK - 11/29 noon EST - 11/30 3am EST (so day and a half). And new collection out 12/2 (glitters, holographics, Wonka theme).

Noricae fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Nov 28, 2013

Noricae
Nov 19, 2004

cheese?
I print a receipt (I use shipstation, it's great) and include a business card - also from Vistaprint. Definitely hunt for groupons, coupons, and then after you order you get offered 500 more business cards for a few dollars more, hurry now, expires in 15minutes!! (That cracked me up).

Noricae
Nov 19, 2004

cheese?
Thanks for all the sales, goons (and it's mostly guys buying gifts I assume - if not, we need more guys in the nail thread :P)!

Stultus Maximus posted:

Anyone here do craft shows?
I've been invited to a few and am kind of nervous about doing them. I'd like stories of experiences too if anyone else has done them. (Do you bring your own table? Ugh. How about dealing with credit cards?)

Noricae
Nov 19, 2004

cheese?
I think you need a merchant account for those (still don't have a real one) - or do they have their own (higher percentage) merch acct?. And I have a windows phone (ok, it's 8+ yrs old and it's time to upgrade) but that looks awesome!

Noricae
Nov 19, 2004

cheese?

ScaryJen posted:

My first sale didn't go well, so I think people are a little leery of buying anything from me. :ohdear:
That's ridiculous. The picture is accurate too, and both don't look identical. Such idiotic feedback and purchasing without looking does happen but it's pretty rare. What a terrible first experience :/ I agree with the 'wait to see how it goes this month and consider a new shop maybe.' I think you can delete a shop if you close the shop, then delete the account. Unsure if names are reserved or how long, but I'm not sure they are permanently reserved.

Noricae
Nov 19, 2004

cheese?
The changes they made to ads in late 2014 really messed with promoted listings, I think. They always used to be worth it, but last year sometimes I paid much more than I made in orders. Then again I funnel people to my main shop if I can, so it's hard to tell sometimes if it works. Google ads work much better for the money, I've found (so it may be worth setting up a secondary non etsy shop and testing out how it compares).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noricae
Nov 19, 2004

cheese?
Actually Essie just re-released Starry Starry Night recently, with just one size silver glitter, no holo. Worth taking a look at that.