Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mrs. Orgasmo
Jun 6, 2005

Full of SCRAP!
This is my etsy shop!
http://promosinasnap.etsy.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mrs. Orgasmo
Jun 6, 2005

Full of SCRAP!

Kibbles posted:

Yeah, just got my order from her. (OMG YUMMY STUFF) I LOVE ETSY, I'm going to keep an eye on this thread, shop some more next week, probably.

I now browse it a lot and pick stuff up because most shop owners have great prices on top of cool stuff. I'd rather have that go straight to the person. Seeing some good stuff in the thread, my poor credit card. :(

I did get a few friends (some goons) laugh at me for buying soap "from Somethingawful".

I just got my order from Savor and her stuff is amazing! Best smelling soap I have ever owned. Had to order more! I have become such a soap whore!

Mrs. Orgasmo
Jun 6, 2005

Full of SCRAP!
I had to pick up those yummy soaps lol

Here is the FAQ on the street teams!

Resources for Etsy Teams
Etsy Teams Frequently Asked Questions (with answers!)
What is an Etsy Team?
An Etsy Team is a group of sellers who have decided to work together to achieve a set of goals. These goals can be to promote themselves, their craft, their city or their particular interest on Etsy. Or it can be a goal of getting to know and work with other Etsy sellers, or general networking and skill sharing. You can find a list of all the existing Etsy Teams here!

Why should I join an Etsy Team?
If you'd like to participate more actively in the community, find other like-minded Etsy sellers, share networking and promotional opportunities or have your shop become more visible on the site, joining an Etsy Team is a great idea.

How many Teams can I join?
You can join as many Teams as you have time to actively participate in. Typically, we recommend people only join location-based teams for the area where they live.

Can Etsy Teams charge dues?
Yes, a Team can elect to charge dues. These dues might typically cover the cost of group advertising (in print or on the web), the cost of an email list service, promotional costs for a particular event, web hosting fees, etc. It is up to each Team whether or not they'd like to charge dues and how said dues are collected or spent.

Can my Team open a shop?
Yes, here is a guide to group / Team shops on Etsy.

How do I become a Team leader?
You can email Teams@etsy.com about becoming a Team leader. Teams that have a small group or pair of leaders are typically more organized than Teams with a single leader, as running a successful Team can be a lot of work.

What does a Team leader do?
A Team leader keeps a contact list of all members on the Team, initiates and organizes Team events, is a member of the Etsy Team leaders google group (you receive an invitation to this group when an email is received about the Team at Teams@etsy.com), receives occasional Team Leader update emails from the Teams Coordinator (sarawearsskirts), plans Team meetings, moderates any private Team discussion forums (ie, yahoo groups, google groups, flickr, etc), encourages Team participation, sends updates once a week (or less, if need be) for the Team profile page to Teams@etsy.com. Most importantly, a good Team leader delegates many of these tasks to members of the Team to help run the group smoothly.

What kind of events can my Team plan?
Anything you can imagine! Events that Teams plan should work toward achieving the Team's broader goals - networking, shop promotion, community building, etc. Great events for Teams have been scavenger hunts, trunk shows in the Virtual labs, Team Challenges and Contests, Team-wide sales, blogging events, etc.

What Team should I join?
You can join a Team based on your skill or craft (ie, you can join a knitting or fiber team if you are a knitter, a jewelry team if you are a jeweler, etc), a Team based on personal interest (ie, the Beagle Team if you live with or love Beagles) or a Team based on your physical location (ie, if you live in South Central PA, join the South Central PA. If there isn't a Team where you live, consider starting one, even if you only have a small handful of members at present time - maybe one of your Team goals would be to recruit more neighbors to join Etsy!)

How do Global Teams work?
Over the internet, of course! Global Teams are rather amazing in that they're an opportunity to get to know artists around the world that you have something in common with (ie, your love of handmade) who you might never have met otherwise. You can hold meetings online in the Virtual labs or private chat rooms, participate in forums to discuss Team business, plan virtual events like on-Etsy scavenger hunts or photo contests, etc. The great thing about Global teams is that everyone has different contacts - you can market a global team around your town in person in coffee shops, etc., and potentially even reach a larger market than a local Team can, since everyone has a physical location.

What do location based Teams do?
They introduce the value of handmade to their community! A local team can hold in-person shows at local boutiques, galleries, parks, etc. They can also put a face with a name (or avatar) and meet in person to hold promo swaps, skill shares, studio tours, etc. They can flyer locally in neighborhoods, coffee shops, art stores. They can also hold craft-a-thons to attract media attention and send press releases to local press for their activities that are news-worthy.

I sent an email to Teams@etsy.com and haven't heard back yet. What should I do?
Check your sent mail to be sure you sent the email to the right address - Teams@etsy.com - teams with an s! If you sent it to the right address, you should receive an auto-response email (check your spam folder if you don't see it in your inbox). Emails to Teams@etsy.com are addressed in the order they're received. We get a high volume of emails to this address, which is great! We love that teams are so active. However, it means you may not hear back for up to a week. Please don't repeatedly email about the same thing, or send convo's to Teams admin. If you got the address right and received the auto-email, rest assured we'll get to your email as soon as we possibly can. We really appreciate your patience! This process will be improved soon, but in the meanwhile, we're working as hard as we can.

How can I get an article about my Team into the Storque?
Read this handy guide on submitting Team pitches to the Storque!

I have an idea for Teams. Who can I tell?
Send any ideas to Teams@etsy.com!

How can I start an Etsy Team?
You may want to check the list - to make sure there isn't already a fabulous Team already running with the same goals as your Team. If you'd still like to start one, visit http://team.etsy.com/startateam.html and follow the instructions on the template carefully, especially the part about listing the members' usernames.

What can we post on our Team Profile?
You can post links to places your Team meets up, like Flickr groups, Google groups, your Team's blog, etc. These are important for helping your Team communicate and also good places for people to learn more about your Team. We reserve the right to only post relevant links - we won't post links to eBay pages, other selling sites or an individual's blog, for example, as these aren't really what Etsy Teams are all about.

Who should I email if I have questions about Etsy Teams?
Email Teams@etsy.com!

Mrs. Orgasmo
Jun 6, 2005

Full of SCRAP!

Dominoes posted:

We should absolutely start a team: We really have nothing to lose, and it would help promote our shops by exposing buyers of one of us to the others. I don't really have the time to run one, but if someone does, go ahead and register us.

Savor and I were thinking about being the leaders. We just want to see if there would be enough interest before investing time in it.

Mrs. Orgasmo
Jun 6, 2005

Full of SCRAP!

altazakin posted:

I'm not 100% sure I have the time to be a leader. I guess it all depends on what we want out of the team, how active we want to be?

Running Savor takes almost 40 hrs a week and I have a full time job on top...I think I'll pass out if I take on too much more. If anyone does want the leadership (Mrs Orgasmo!!) it's allll yours :D

You sell more then I do, but I also have a full time 40 hr job plus my etsy shop! I don't mind being a leader, but I will need some help :D So if anyone else is interested in helping.

I will get things stated, fill out the application.

So what should we name it? SAGOONS TEAM? GOON SQUAD? ETSY GOONS?

Mrs. Orgasmo fucked around with this message at 15:34 on May 13, 2008

Mrs. Orgasmo
Jun 6, 2005

Full of SCRAP!

altazakin posted:

I know that the new rules require us to use the word team -- etsy has said that they won't mediate disputes (like other people stealing our tag) unless we have the word team.

Do you mean in our tags. Like can we have etsy goon squad as our team name and then our tags be etsygoonsquadteam.

Or does team have to be part of the actually team name.

Mrs. Orgasmo
Jun 6, 2005

Full of SCRAP!

Dominoes posted:

I'm willing to help out. Sign us up.

Great thank you Dominos. I have a thread in SA Mart right now trying to get our logo going.

What is your etsy username? We can chat on convos.

Mrs. Orgasmo
Jun 6, 2005

Full of SCRAP!

Matrim posted:

Hi, I'm a newb to selling online.
http://dissociatedesign.etsy.com

I'm online all the time, and am willing to help. I don't know what skills I have that will be of use, but I've been a scribe for my local meeting group for about three years now.

Great! Thank you!

Mrs. Orgasmo
Jun 6, 2005

Full of SCRAP!
Great! What do your all think about the name Etsy Goon Squad?

I am working with another goon on a logo, if you have any ideas post up!

Edit:

What do you all think? My favorites are the first 2

Mrs. Orgasmo fucked around with this message at 16:09 on May 14, 2008

Mrs. Orgasmo
Jun 6, 2005

Full of SCRAP!

Matrim posted:

I like the first one best, second one second best. Not much into pink here, but thats my only qualm.

I bought the first and second ones and can change any colors. Also the goon gave me the granade seperate.

edit:
ok I can't get the fonts for free so we can do another font or just use the one he provided. What do you all think about this for the banner? I can change any color.

Mrs. Orgasmo fucked around with this message at 18:55 on May 14, 2008

Mrs. Orgasmo
Jun 6, 2005

Full of SCRAP!

altazakin posted:

Looks good to me! Name is fine too, but when we actually tag our items we should put the team word in to cover our asses.

definitely, will do!

"teametsygoonsquad"
or
"teamEGS"
or
"teamGoon"

Mrs. Orgasmo fucked around with this message at 19:26 on May 14, 2008

Mrs. Orgasmo
Jun 6, 2005

Full of SCRAP!
Ok, I sent the application in.

Mrs. Orgasmo
Jun 6, 2005

Full of SCRAP!

Nrapture posted:

I like the banner. Personally, I like teamgoon for the tags, but I think most other teams I've seen use their acronyms.

Was Etsy Goon Squad going to have dues? I don't think I'd mind a reasonable amount if we were going to use it for advertising or something similar. Also, it could return the cost of the banner to Mrs. Orgasmo.

Ok "Team Goon" will be the tags so please tag accordingly. Humm, never really thought about the dues part. I think the ultimate goal money wise is to raise enough to get an ad up on SA directing to all of our stores. I have no idea how much that would cost.

I didn't mind paying for the logo :D no worries there.

Mrs. Orgasmo
Jun 6, 2005

Full of SCRAP!
Great! That pretty affordable.

Some ad's you can use on anything. If you want a specific color let me know. Im jsut brainstorming.

Mrs. Orgasmo fucked around with this message at 21:25 on May 14, 2008

Mrs. Orgasmo
Jun 6, 2005

Full of SCRAP!

mcsuede posted:

Messed with the composition a bit:

The kerning could be adjusted, but I was just working off your jpeg. The letters in ETSY shouldn't be touching, S is too close to the Q in squad, and the N in goon is slightly too close to the second O.

That's the font used.

Anyways, we are official.
http://team.etsy.com/viewteam.php?id=299

Mrs. Orgasmo
Jun 6, 2005

Full of SCRAP!
Please start tagging your items Team Goon.

Mrs. Orgasmo
Jun 6, 2005

Full of SCRAP!
Would you all be interested in getting 2x2 inch stickers?

Mrs. Orgasmo
Jun 6, 2005

Full of SCRAP!

altazakin posted:

Awesome! I'll begin tagging as I relist items.

Saw the flickr group, that was a good idea. I'll upload some photos later.

Here's my flickr:

http://flickr.com/photos/savor_soaps/

Feel free to add me as a contact.

Here is mine as well!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/promosinasnap/

the group flickr
http://www.flickr.com/groups/786494@N22/

If anyone from the group would like to be added just list up and I will add you to the flickr group!

Mrs. Orgasmo fucked around with this message at 21:03 on May 15, 2008

Mrs. Orgasmo
Jun 6, 2005

Full of SCRAP!

altazakin posted:

Yep, you can have a website and list it in your store. The catch is, you cannot direct people to another website for the purpose of having them buy there -- it's fee avoidance. Many people link to their websites, even websites that sell items -- but you just can't be using your etsy as a redirect to your site. That's the difference.

You are right, you can't have your etsy site direct to a site that sells items. Sounds great! I can get a roll of 1000 2x2 inch square stickers for $50 so that would be pretty cheap if split up.

I think a website would be great.

Mrs. Orgasmo
Jun 6, 2005

Full of SCRAP!

Nrapture posted:

That's part of the problem. I have no idea what scents I might like. I can't go into the standard bath store because 100 different odors at once is not pleasing to me.

So if you get inquiries like this from time to time, I can just wait and purchase parts of the same soaps the other person asks for.

I havn't bought a soap from her that I don't like!

Mrs. Orgasmo
Jun 6, 2005

Full of SCRAP!

Rathina posted:

Alright, I just happened to be looking around in Treasury West when I saw the goon treasury!! So I'm totally jazzed that we do have our own etsy Goon Squad now.

I'm totally in for helping out in getting it off the ground. I do have webhosting that we can use if we need it for like a blog or webpage or something.

Also for some reason I screwed up and was using 'goon team' instead of 'team goon' as my tags and search results for both come up with the same things, so I'm not going to worry about changing the ones I did, but any new ones I do I'll do the 'team goon' on it.

If you would like to take the bull by the horns and be in charge of the webhosting and building a site that would be great. I have the graphics just let me know if you need anything!

Mrs. Orgasmo
Jun 6, 2005

Full of SCRAP!

Dominoes posted:

I'm working on a website. Here's a rough template: http://jmutextbook.com/etsy/index.html I'd love some content suggestions.

Maybe we can rotate each month a etsy mini?

Mrs. Orgasmo
Jun 6, 2005

Full of SCRAP!

Dominoes posted:

What's a mini?

It's a mini version of your shop. You can grab the code from your users panel. It's a html code.

Mrs. Orgasmo
Jun 6, 2005

Full of SCRAP!
The site is looking great! If you want to do something like the littlebook of etsy why not just put together a nice brochure? I can have these printed pretty cheap.

Mrs. Orgasmo
Jun 6, 2005

Full of SCRAP!

Nrapture posted:

Not that Savor soaps need my personal stamp of approval, but goddamn. I bought them thinking they'd probably be nice soaps for the guest bathroom. They arrived yesterday; I tried the aloe vera one today. Screw the guests. I'm using all of them myself! Babies would be jealous of my soft skin. altazakin, you work magic with soap. I already feel like a soap junkie thinking "I wonder when I can order more? I wonder how many I can get before the SO notices them? Hee hee hee."

Haaa haaa haa! Welcome to the Dark side of handmade soaps! Soon you will have every flavor. I am up there, I have purchased 21 soaps this month. O_o

Mrs. Orgasmo
Jun 6, 2005

Full of SCRAP!
In the notes to seller please let me know you are a goon so I can send some goodies!

Mrs. Orgasmo
Jun 6, 2005

Full of SCRAP!
Sorry everyone that I havn't been very active. I've been pretty sick. But I'm back! Would you guys be interested in "Team Goon" stickers at wholesale to put on your outgoing packages?

Mrs. Orgasmo
Jun 6, 2005

Full of SCRAP!
Also the banner on the website is a X. The Goon Squad website looks awesome!

Mrs. Orgasmo
Jun 6, 2005

Full of SCRAP!
Got a treasury!
http://www.etsy.com/treasury_list.php?room_id=54252

Rathina that sucks. I have had a couple.

Mrs. Orgasmo
Jun 6, 2005

Full of SCRAP!

altazakin posted:

Complaints about supply shops piss me off. I just have to say that.

Ditto! People are so whiny.

Mrs. Orgasmo
Jun 6, 2005

Full of SCRAP!

Tobasko posted:

I am slowly but surely getting my etsy shop up and running, and I've already had my first sale!

https://tobasko.etsy.com

how do I go about joining team goon?

I will get you added! Welcome to the team!

Equilibrium did you already request for tobasko to be added?

Ok you all, noone said yes or no to stickers. I think I will just make some stuff and list it in my store at a discount. If you want some then you can buy it. I am thinking stickers first. You can stick them on your outgoing packages and this can get everyone looking at the additional stores.

Mrs. Orgasmo fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Jul 15, 2008

Mrs. Orgasmo
Jun 6, 2005

Full of SCRAP!
I also snagged a treasury. Only a few goons in this one but still.
http://www.etsy.com/treasury_list_west.php?room_id=16327

Mrs. Orgasmo
Jun 6, 2005

Full of SCRAP!

altazakin posted:

I hit 5,000 sales today!! I can't believe it, I am incredibly excited. And my birthday is Thursday so there is a lot of celebration this week.

Congrats! I read your post, very inspiring!

Mrs. Orgasmo
Jun 6, 2005

Full of SCRAP!

Rathina posted:

Man, I am so mad, this person started copying what I do, using all the same fabrics and then undercutting my prices. I emailed Etsy, but they said I either need to work it out with the seller, or fill out a bunch of paperwork. So I sent them a message telling them to remove all the switch plates that copy my switch plates, will see what they say, otherwise they will feel my internet wrath. UGH.

It sucks! I know first hand as I listed my new notepads and it took my competitor 3 days and she had hers listed. It ticked me off because in her announcement she claims to be unique and original. Ha! this was the third item she had copied me with.

Not much any of us can do either. The seller above had started on etsy before me, so customers may think I copied her. Savor had this happen to her by a large seller that knows better.

Mrs. Orgasmo
Jun 6, 2005

Full of SCRAP!

altazakin posted:

It's the copycats that state in their announcement that they are the original, I've found. Blech. I think most shoppers know this.

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5950484

My copier has decided to "phase out" her bars of soap and do whipped soap, conveniently just like I do!

"07/28 I decided to take a much needed vacation for the next 7 days or less. During that time I will be checking convo's, emails, sold orders and phasing out most of my soap bars when I return. Soap making is a hobby turned into a passion/part time income however I now have other commitments and no longer have the time for bars however I will be relaunching a new whipped luxury soap jar in a in mouth watering aromas and unscented as they require less time to make and as always my prices will also be very reasonable....All items will remain on sale for the next several days."

Even her packaging is copying me. She's just disgusting.

WOW! Just wow!

Well since we are calling out hee hee here is my copier.
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=96446

That's right even though she has been her longer then me she still copies! Straight from her announcement: (I removed the name so when she googles her shop she doesn't find it here)
Don't buy imitations! ******** is always creating NEW and ORIGINAL items. Support our effort and buy from us. WE ARE YOUR BEST OPTION.

This is what she has copied. The notepads she listed 3 days after I had listed mine.
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=12948937

she has them listed under (Just by pixel) as if you can only buy them from her and she came up with the idea. She is also under cutting me
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=13319043

Mrs. Orgasmo
Jun 6, 2005

Full of SCRAP!
Promoting is a big way to get noticed!

Mrs. Orgasmo
Jun 6, 2005

Full of SCRAP!

altazakin posted:

Uh, yeah, this is SA. We are immature, I thought that was the point?

If you want to tell me your camera I'm happy to search for you. But you can always try google too, it might help. Being handy with photo shop is usually enough.

I technically don't have photoshop, I have corel, and it has a nifty auto-balance tool. But it can cause colors to tend to the blue side, so I may auto-balance it and then hue-correct it so it's not so blue.

Altazakin, I have a digital rebel and I get a yellowish orange color and sometimes blue. Help.

Also egg nog soap, OMG hubby will just die.

Mrs. Orgasmo fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Aug 4, 2008

Mrs. Orgasmo
Jun 6, 2005

Full of SCRAP!

Rathina posted:

(etsy names) feralgoat, elabela, cemetracie, awapplesauce

I will add them to the etsy team side.

Mrs. Orgasmo
Jun 6, 2005

Full of SCRAP!

altazakin posted:

I'm doing this from memory --

You will have to be on a non-fully-auto setting (so not that green square setting). Put it on M. That's what I shoot on, that is full manual. The dial thingy on the top of the camera.

There should be a set of buttons on the right hand side with WB on the bottom. When you click that you will see options in the LCD screen. If you are inside with lightbulbs, try tungsten setting. Outside there are a couple settings (shade, etc).

Lemme know if that works for you!

Thanks, will do!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mrs. Orgasmo
Jun 6, 2005

Full of SCRAP!

pixel8ed posted:

Yeah, the letter slot. Or "the slot of doom" as others call it. I just figured this would go as a light package. I even bought a bubble mailer while there, hauled it all out of the box and tried again. It was $2 more, but since I'd paid $3 for the mailer I just told her to go ahead. Luckily it's always the same girl and we have a pretty good relationship up to this point so she moaned along with me. But yeah, nothing else is going out over 3" unless it's within Canada. *sigh*

milkman, I like your stuff! The scans are a good idea too.

My new pictures have made a world of difference by the way. My views on all the newly taken pictures are way up and I've had a bunch of convos for custom stuff. It was worth the 5 minutes of lightbox assembly time for sure. Since I was busy making new stuff I didn't get to do the room picture though. It's still on my radar.

So you all don't have flat rate envelopes and boxes?