Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
I finally got some items in my shop!

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=27299

I'll probably stick with selling dice bags in the future, but right now I have some Demented Bunnies that need homes just as weird as they are.

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

If I don't get rid of them soon my Mom might keep them. :ohdear:

e: Isn't there an etsy goon group? How do I join that?

Wandering Knitter fucked around with this message at 05:08 on May 27, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Bad Mother posted:

Keep meaning to add my Etsy shop to the thread - FuzzyFreaks.

I make crocheted freaks, sea creatures, keyrings and other random things that pop into my slightly addled brain.

I just want to say that I'm totally jealous of your octopus making skills. They're adorable!

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Bad Mother posted:

Wheee, thanks! They're dead simple to make, I could work out a rough pattern if you'd like.

I can't crochet to save my life. :saddowns: On the bright side I'll probably break down and buy an octopus from you.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Zantie posted:

Wandering Knitter's suggested this to me, and I think it fits here too: You should totally make some PDF patterns and put them up for sale :)

I keep meaning to try out your rose pattern, but there's four birthdays between now and when I can finally knit for myself again.

And I'm pretty sure none of the four guys want roses :v:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
I need help with my shop.

I don't know why, but for some reason when people buy from me through Paypal it's charging them an extra $10 for shipping, even though the real shipping (a whole $2.50) is already included in the price that they're paying.

Does anyone know what's going on? I don't want people to think I'm trying to gyp them out of cash. :(

e: I think my woes may be fixed! :)

Wandering Knitter fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Jun 7, 2009

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Zantie posted:

Any of you guys doing the Yart Sale?

I only just heard about it on the forums over at Etsy, and there's an article about it here.

Ultimately I'm still kind of confused by it, and was wondering what you guys think.

From reading it I guess it's just a way for people to get more views? Maybe?

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
It almost killed me, but I put up a good 20 dice bags in time for the yart!

Whatever that is.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Bad Mother posted:

I've been meaning to do patterns for a while, but everything is on the backburner at the moment.
I really wasn't expecting such a rush to be honest, I thought I'd sell maybe one or two... :aaa:

If you didn't want to get zerg rushed then you shouldn't have made Octo-Kitten!

Oh Octo-kitten :3:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
It's been two days now, so I'm curious. Has the YART sale actually helped anyone? It sure as hell hasn't helped me. :smith:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Xanipher posted:

I just started my shop a day or two ago with a few items up that I recently did. I make keychains/cell charms by hand, I don't know if they will do well XD. I'll put some more up when I finish them!

http://xanipher.etsy.com

The little pincushion guy is adorable! :3: I just wish charms on my cell phone lasted more than a week.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Stabitha posted:

I saw a thread about this over in the Coupons forum. For today only, http://1saleaday.com/ is selling a Mini Picture Studio Kit With Background Set, Lighting, Tripod & Carrying Case for $9.99. It looks like something that Etsy users might be interested in for taking pictures of their products for their Etsy shops.

It's small as gently caress but luckily I mostly make small things. Ordered! :dance:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
My cousin Jennie has started a shop that sells polymer clay magnets. She only has a few up right now, but she's given them out as presents before and I can vouch how neat they are!

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=7594786

All of her sales will go towards the bottomless pits known as her three sons. :v:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

animeluva1 posted:

Is anyone going to be doing the Christmas in July thing that Etsy is pushing? I'm on the fence about it still, even though I'm sure some fancy magazine is looking for fall/winter stuff right now.

What's the details on this? I can't find anything about it on the etsy site.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
My dear friend Merry has put some holy-poo poo-that's-cheap stitch markers in her shop:

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=7145014

And she has some really pretty metal things, too.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
My cousin Tony started a shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=7643819 . He's focusing on polymer clay figures from video games.

They're adorable. :3:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Edit: I've found someone who's very nice and is helping me make the perfect tags for the craft fair I'm going to.

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5596958

This woman, however, is a horrible oval office who can't even cut in a straight line and is fighting tooth and nail to keep my $10:

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=7525685

Just to let everyone know.

Wandering Knitter fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Aug 15, 2009

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
I'm in! I might have a lot of overstock if the craft fair doesn't go well. :ohdear:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
I was wondering if anyone here did any real life craft fairs? I'm going to my first one this weekend and I'm a little nervous.

Does anyone have any advice? Or suggestions on what I should bring?

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

animeluva1 posted:

Very helpful advice

My craft fair went off without a hitch! Good call on the portfolio. It was nice to show people that I could do other things beyond bunnies and kittens.

That being said I still have plenty of stock leftover for a Goony Christmas team-up.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Zantie posted:

Is anyone else having trouble keeping up with all the changes going on?

It's not just you. It got to the point where I gave up and let my cousin "correct" my shop for me since she's been able to follow what's going on.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Are the goons going to do another Christmas team-up with banner ads? And when?

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

pixel8ed posted:

I had posted to get interest a while ago and I've only heard from 3 people. Not sure how we want to proceed with that.

Oh. :smith: Maybe you should make a topic just for it? Or message some known etsy people? I could help. :shobon:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

awapplesauce posted:

Anyone thinking of starting another Xmas thread in SA Mart this year?

I was thinking of starting at least a "Let's make a Etsy SA Mart Thread" here, but I have no idea how to organize everything.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
I started a thread about doing the Christmas Goon Mall

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3231670

But I guess no one wants to do it this year? :smith:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Slung Blade posted:

I hardly see a problem charging a fair price for something you put a lot of money and effort into.

If they don't sell on Etsy, they don't sell. There's no point in underselling your wares there.

I've been on etsy for almost a year now and this is pretty much the case. Sell items for what they're worth and accept the fact that they just might not sell.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Look Under The Rock posted:

Holy poo poo, your dice bags are adorable.

I guess that's what I'm going to do -- it's either that or the El Cheapo consignment shop downtown.

Off-topic but since you're right here, Wandering Knitter -- four scarves made with the yarn you sent are currently items in a silent auction for Haiti emergency relief. Today I heard that the organization the money's being donated to is able to buy something like ten meals for a dollar. Depending on how much the scarves go for, that's a lot of hungry people getting fed :)

Aww, thank you! I always liked those dice bags. Shame no one else does :v:

And that's great to hear about the auction thing! I'm glad all of that yarn that's been sitting under my bed is going towards something good.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

omgmypony posted:

I humbly suggest that they be renamed "cuddlefish".

I agree with this 100%

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

omgmypony posted:

I made my first sale! It was to my mother, but I didn't ask her to buy anything or solicit to her so it totally counts.

My Mom's my biggest customer. :ohdear:

The second's an Aunt. :ohdear:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

combee posted:

Am I allowed to post an Alchemy request I have on Etsy?

I've put it up already but I'd love to support a goon if they would be willing to take the request.

Only if I get to put up my "SEND ME THE BEST THING YOU GOT - $5" Alchemy requests. :colbert:

go right ahead

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
I hope someone notices this bumped thread because I figured you guys can help me.

I cannot get Paypal to do shipping correctly for my shop. Either it applies the same amount to every single purchase or it applies nothing and everyone gets free shipping.

Can anyone help me?

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

zoecore posted:

Above, check your shipping profiles: Your Etsy -> Shop Setup -> Shipping Profiles

Oh, I have that all set up. It's Paypal that's messed up. When I first opened my shop it would add $10 for shipping. Thank God my Mom was my first customer and caught it for me :gonk:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

gum bichromate posted:

Are "tobacco accessories" allowed on etsy? I know PayPal won't let you buy any sort of pipe using their services. (Which is beyond stupid, I'm just curious)

Allowed? Beats me. But I have seen people sell them anyway.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

omgmypony posted:

Does anyone have any suggestions on (free) ways to get your Etsy site some exposure? I do enough sales to cover my costs, but it would be nice to move a few more items per month then I am currently.

Also, whats up with buyers not leaving feedback? I do my best to provide excellent service but over half of my sales haven't left feedback after the transaction was completed. I always leave it for them... :smith:

My cousin spends a lot of her free time promoting her shop by posting in the etsy forums, writing blog posts about what she's working on/cool things she finds on etsy, and making a treasury every day.

Etsy's pretty much her main hobby right now since she's a stay-at-home Mom, but I admit she does have a lot more sales than I do.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
I have a new etsy store! :3:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/threadbareknitter

And for the grand re-opening I'm featuring free shipping on all items! :dances:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

zoecore posted:

Is anyone interested in doing a banner ad for the holidays this year? We talked about it last year but it never panned out. Something that links to an external page with a list of goon Etsy shops. We're thinking of doing one.

If you're interested, please let me know soon. Our closing date for Christmas orders is the first week of December because of UK Royal Mail's posting deadlines. So we need to really get the banner ad up before the end of the month.

I'm in!

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
zoecore, you might also want to post in the knitting/crochet/needle felting/spinning thread about the SA Christmas Goon Banner, just because I know a lot of people there have shops and might not read this thread.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

zoecore posted:

No problem. Message me on Etsy: Weaselfactory (or check my profile for link).

There's already one other person confirmed, so if you're in it will be $10.

I'm in, and my cousin might be. I need to get ahold of her.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

zoecore posted:

Just an update on the goon Etsy banner ad: There's 4 confirmed goons, which makes the price $7.50 each. Obviously, that price will go down if more people sign up. The closing date is tomorrow evening, so please see above if you're interested in taking part.

*By confirmed, I mean sent me their info in a message. If you've just told me that you're interested, you're not confirmed yet and the price will drop when I get your details.

Okay, I've sent you mine and my cousin's information!

My cousin is a goon, she's just a shy goon.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Apparently etsy deleted all of their old groups. Is it okay if I make the Goon etsy group?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
:siren:

I've created a new group!

:siren:

http://www.etsy.com/teams/6718/goon-squad

Please message me if you have any suggestions for info, or a good retarded bee picture.