Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Eugene Jerome
Jun 24, 2005

by angerbeet

dedpixhl posted:

I really, really like the $100 bill mockups and I'll try and work up some sort of PDF with multiple copies if no one else gets around to it.

Could we do something like WheresGeorge.com and ink-stamp dollar bill currency with a message saying "Where's Xenu? Xenu.net"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senso
Nov 4, 2005

Always working
:siren: Montreal, QC :siren:

Anybody who wants to do something on Feb 10, in Montreal: hit the thread at Enturbulation.org:
http://forums.enturbulation.org/viewtopic.php?p=257

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Wee need to contact the Phelps church (godhatesfags people) and see about getting them to go after scientology some time. It wouldn't help any side at all, but it would be great because neither side knows when to back down at all. I guess I can dream.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Jaster posted:

"Wise Beard Man", Mark Bunker, has a new video out this morning. He does a pretty decent Alec Guinness impression.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3A3WnmcRbTQ -- Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8FiDLY-XSQ -- Part 2

This is great by the way. If for some reason on the 10th violence oir stupidity runs rampant, I will feel as we are personally discrediting and destroying the life work of this guy. Seriously, I can just feel his fear of us doing something stupid, and I think that anyone here that is going to attend a protest should try if possible to meet before you actually start protesting and come up with ways to keep order. Perhaps a shouted command that has anyone actually associated with you sit down immediately. Anyone who does not sit down and shut up is not a part of the protest or is a provocateur.

If I were organizing this I would have everyone in Guy Fawkes masks where possible remaining 100 percent absolutely silent with a large sign with a simple explanation of why you are there and a large amount of fliers prepared to answer questions/provide info without talking. It eliminates the possibility of escalating verbal attacks and strikes an image that is awesome for publicity purposes.

SirRobin
Mar 2, 2002

m00p posted:

Do any London goons remember the fake 'Poems on the Underground' adverts by Greenpeace a few years ago? ...Someone would also have to discover the exact dimensions of the target adverts, details I couldn't find with a cursory search online.

A few more minutes with Google:

http://www.cbsoutdoor.co.uk/upload/70432_672_1168021980579-Tube_Car_Panels_%26_Croydon_Tramlink_Interiors.pdf

Overall panel size: 280mm x 609mm with a display area of 240 x 564mm

That's the tube car interior panels. All the specs for every format of London tube advertising can be found here:.

Basketballbat
Jul 2, 2007

by mons all madden
Hello hi, dont know if it has been posted yet, but Sweden's biggest internet site for computer related news just published an article WITH an response from Swedish head of SoC *edit* SoC in Stockholm, not the whole country it seems *end edit*

http://www.idg.se/2.1085/1.142279

Ill get back with a translation later.

(gems include an attempt to link anon with drug dealers and gunrunners.)

waar
Sep 29, 2001

The-Mole posted:

Wee need to contact the Phelps church (godhatesfags people) and see about getting them to go after scientology some time. It wouldn't help any side at all, but it would be great because neither side knows when to back down at all. I guess I can dream.

I'd rather the Scientologists go after Phelps, honestly

Oct 4, 2005

SirRobin posted:

Don't know about the London specs. I only Googled for a minute. The specs for Melbourne train interior advertising can be found here: http://www.jcdecaux.com.au/pdf/TrainInterior_Specs_18-07-07.pdf

w: 740mm x h: 305mm 300 dpi if you want it to look like the real thing.

Rates for advertising on the london underground:

http://www.cbsoutdoor.co.uk/upload/124224_672_1199881386481-London_Underground_RateSheet.pdf

1965917 fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Jan 28, 2008

spooky wizard
May 8, 2007

waar posted:

Same here.

dr gumby
Sep 27, 2007

by angerbotSD

joshske posted:

Sure as hell will be attending this. It will be a great day. I just hope I dont run out of fliers on the day.

Has anyone got a protest permit? It would be disappointing to have the protest broken up. If I can get there I will be the one in the alien suit.

Squish
Nov 22, 2007

Unrelenting.
Lipstick Apathy

dedpixhl posted:

On what planet do you spell 'should' without an 'l'? :confused:

On Teegiack of course! :laugh:

100 Hubbard Dollars
That is fan-loving-tastic. If I have some time tomorrow, perhaps I'll mock up an Aussie version. I have a notepad that is essentially the same thing - $100 on the front and a to-do list on the back. They routinely catch friends' attention, even the same people twice, on occasion. And, this is despite the notes being obviously paper when you look a little closer (our cash is plastic these days) and being slightly larger than the real McCoy.

And the money motif is particularly apt as well.

False
Oct 6, 2003
i have friends who will pull magazine models wearing headphones off of trains without even speaking the same language as them. Friends who will show up in a town after hitchhiking cross country for 3 days without showering and pull two girls working

Tom Bombadil posted:

I see that my "local" branch website is down.
http://www.scientology-tokyo.org/

I can't image there a more than a handful of members here anyway.
This whole thing is just tremendous fun...
Holy poo poo, somebody else knows about this? I live like next door to what I think are their Tokyo headquarters. I'd hand out fliers and whatnot if I was in the US but I'm scared as poo poo of the police here. I was stunned when I first moved into this apartment and wandered past a picture of Hubbard on a side street. I tried to impress upon my house mates how crazy it was but they were singularly unimpressed. Maybe I'll print out a flier and post it outside under cover of dark.

False fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Jan 28, 2008

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

waar posted:

If Phelps pisses off the Scientologists, they'll go after Phelps. It's a no-lose!

theCops
Aug 13, 2004
for anyone interested, this is an example of what can happen when you publicly speak out against scientology.

http://www.lermanet.com/paulette-cooper/

Nigel Tufnel
Jan 4, 2005
You can't really dust for vomit.

dr gumby posted:

Has anyone got a protest permit? It would be disappointing to have the protest broken up. If I can get there I will be the one in the alien suit.

Can't tell where you're talking about but in the UK you only need a permit for a march, not a static protest. Info: http://www.yourrights.org.uk/your-r...ssemblies.shtml

Mint Mania IIDX
Aug 21, 2007

by Fragmaster

False posted:

Holy poo poo, somebody else knows about this? I live like next door to what I think are their Tokyo headquarters. I'd hand out fliers and whatnot if I was in the US but I'm scared as poo poo of the police here. I was stunned when I first moved into this apartment and wandered past a picture of Hubbard on a side street. I tried to impress upon my house mates how crazy it was but they were singularly unimpressed. Maybe I'll print out a flier and post it outside under cover of dark.

I have an idea on how to reach out to the Tokyo crowd. Ever heard of a program called Vocaloid?

Jaster
Nov 15, 2007

The-Mole posted:

This thread is massive, so it's pretty easy to miss, but this has already been brought up and dismissed as a terrible idea. To save time, Islamist extremists are also not a good idea to try to turn into our personal army.

Basketballbat posted:

That's fun, can't wait to hear what it says.

And really? Drug dealers and gunrunners? Of all the damnable traits of the chans, they still have to try to make up different ones? :psyduck:

David Palmer
Nov 11, 2003

by Lowtax

Pope Guilty posted:

It's a no-lose!

One could almost say it's "win-win".

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.
^^^
That's just crazy talk.

Jaster posted:

And really? Drug dealers and gunrunners? Of all the damnable traits of the chans, they still have to try to make up different ones? :psyduck:
That's pretty much the CoS way. Always go for the overkill.

I checked around and while they are not allowed in Finland as a religion, there are still a few "Dianetics clinics" over the country. I can particularly think of one that'll sport some interesting fliers soon enough...

jazz babies
Mar 7, 2007

samurai slowdown posted:

Be aware that the CoS has stooges on MySpace and other social networking sites that will try and get your profile taken down for "hate speech". It's happened several times already and you may want to remove any info from your profile that they could use to track you down before you post anything like that. It's ridiculous that we have to take these precautions which is why this fight is so important.

If any of you do get harassed contact the police right away and try and document everything. Make a public spectacle of it by contacting the local media if necessary. They can't afford the attention and they'll back off much faster.

I never used it anyway, it would make no difference to me if it were taken down. Thank you, though, for letting me know about that. :)

Slob
Jul 9, 2002
Forget about getting GodHatesFags involved. If the object here is to expose a sham church, Westboro should be next on the hit list. A lot of the criticism of SoC stems from their, and LRH's, hatred of homosexuals. It would be unwise to alienate a group with a legitimate complaint (homosexuals) in order to win the support of a group with illegitimate complaints (Westboro).

I do not want to be associated in any way with Fred Phelps and think that sentiment is shared. While it sure would be nice to see these lunatics distracted from attacking normal civilians and KIA soldiers, I'd give them a wide berth.

i8puppies
Jul 28, 2006

Also note:
Encyclopedia Dramatica has nothing to do with the raids. Ever since the raids started ED has been going through a network shitstorm that they suspect CoS to be behind as backlash for the insurmountable levels of butthurt within their organization (DDoSing ED is roughly equivalent to a hug, or at most punching a beach ball)

So yeah, all anons please keep 4realsrsbsns off ED. Encyclopedia Dramatica is not a place to organize raids, that is what the ebaums wiki is for.

Ninja fetus
Jan 22, 2005
Legalize murder
Once Christian people find out about what L. Ron Hubbard said about Jesus, we might be able to get a war going on between Christianity and Scientology. It would be like David versus Goliath. Except David has some very good lawyers.

False
Oct 6, 2003
i have friends who will pull magazine models wearing headphones off of trains without even speaking the same language as them. Friends who will show up in a town after hitchhiking cross country for 3 days without showering and pull two girls working

Mint Mania IIDX posted:

I have an idea on how to reach out to the Tokyo crowd. Ever heard of a program called Vocaloid?
You don't have PM's. Whats vocaloid? Not to be a downer but Japanese police tend to make the law up as they go along, especially if you're a foreigner so I'm leery of openly protesting. Posting a few Anonymous fliers just to let 'em know we're out there is cool though.

Bob Harris
Nov 2, 2004

For relaxing times,
make it
Suntory time.

False posted:

You don't have PM's. Whats vocaloid? Not to be a downer but Japanese police tend to make the law up as they go along, especially if you're a foreigner so I'm leery of openly protesting. Posting a few Anonymous fliers just to let 'em know we're out there is cool though.

I'm stationed in Tokyo but the UCMJ forbids me to take part in any protest....no matter how good the cause... :(

I'm quite surprised the Japanese would allow something like this here. I thought they would have known better. Probably isn't popular anyway. Many of my host-nation counterparts at work know nothing about it.

Schmev
Mar 21, 2006

Stuck in a bowlhole
General idea/reminder to send information to all known and associated church congregations - in the vein of "the enemy of my enemy..." (mine, not necessarily yours) getting some attention generated by congregations is good for spreading community awareness.

SirRobin
Mar 2, 2002

Ninja fetus posted:

Once Christian people find out about what L. Ron Hubbard said about Jesus, we might be able to get a war going on between Christianity and Scientology. It would be like David versus Goliath. Except David has some very good lawyers.

I think your metaphor broke. David beat Goliath despite being smaller.

Mint Mania IIDX
Aug 21, 2007

by Fragmaster

False posted:

Vocaloid is a vocal synthesizer, created by Yamaha, where you can basically create songs and speech with an (incredibly popular) anime-style girl named Miku Hatsune. Here, a previous version of Vocaloid was used to dub the Final Fantasy VI Opera scene. My idea was to basically create a video along the same lines as the Anonymous videos using Miku as the voice and then releasing it on NicoNico, a high-traffic Japanese Youtube-style site. I figure that once up there, 2ch will take care of the rest.

Mint Mania IIDX fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Jan 28, 2008

Ninja fetus
Jan 22, 2005
Legalize murder

SirRobin posted:

I think your metaphor broke. David beat Goliath despite being smaller.
Yeah I know :( Oh well, you get the point. Christianity > Scientology in terms of members. However, Scientology has a lot of tricks up it's sleeve. Obviously, Scientology has to lose in the end of this battle.

Ninja fetus fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Jan 28, 2008

Wayback
Aug 16, 2004

I'm made of metal
My circuits gleam
I am perpetual
I keep the country clean
Is there supposed to be anything up on Enturbulation.org ?

All I am getting is a mostly blank page.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Wow, away from the PC for a weekend and 1000+ posts.

tal
Aug 26, 2005

Basketballbat posted:

Hello hi, dont know if it has been posted yet, but Sweden's biggest internet site for computer related news just published an article WITH an response from Swedish head of SoC *edit* SoC in Stockholm, not the whole country it seems *end edit*

http://www.idg.se/2.1085/1.142279

This was so crazy, I wanted to translate it to show people just what kinds of things they are saying :wtf:

quote:

HACKERS DECLARE WAR ON SCIENTOLOGY

In a video on Youtube, a group known as Anonymous declares war on Scientology's presence on the Internet. "Not unexpected", says Gullevi Almgren, at the Church of Scientology in Stockholm.

With a distorted voice backed with dramatic music, Anonymous tells us that they will exterminate Scientology from the Internet. The video that has been on Youtube for a week has already become a major hit. Over 1.2 million people have seen the group accuse the world's scientologists of spreading propaganda videos and using believers for their own gains.

The thing that got the hacker group to "start a war" on the scientologists was when an interview with movie star Tom Cruise, perhaps the world's most widely known scientologist, was removed from Youtube after complaints from the Church of Scientology.

"They have been threatening to sue because of copyright violations whenever they've had the chance. Anything to silence the truth about their destructive religion", writes Anonymous on The Pirate Bay, which could mean that some swedes are a part of the group.

Several large sites connected to Scientology have been attacked by Anonymous. The site religiousfreedomwatch.org, among others, has been hit with a so called DDoS attack.

At the Swedish Church of Scientology, this attack from Anonymous is taken seriously. The church's PR person, Gullevi Almgren, doesn't think that the methods used by the hackers are fair.

-They don't have an open dialog and are trying to make us look bad with a very criminal behaviour., she tells PC för Alla.

She doesn't see Scientology's attempt to take down the Tom Cruise interview as anything strange, and definitely not as a violation of freedom of speech.

-It is a copyrighted film for internal use. Why wouldn't we want it taken down?

Gullevi Almgren says that this attack doesn't come as a surprise to the Scientology movement and that they have several people working on the security of Scientology websites.

-We know what kind of evil powers are at work and that they are involved with smuggling weapons and narcotics, she says.

The hackers?
-Not them personally, but they are cooperating with people close to them that do that kind of thing. There's a psychological war going on, and psychiatry is responsible, she says.
Who knew that psychiatry started all this?

David Palmer
Nov 11, 2003

by Lowtax

Mint Mania IIDX posted:

My idea was to basically create a video along the same lines as the Anonymous videos using Miku as the voice and then releasing it on NicoNico, a high-traffic Japanese Youtube-style site. I figure that once up there, 2ch will take care of the rest.

Would you please shut up? You're embarassing yourself.

40 OZ
May 16, 2003
edit- Wow, the CoS has proof that Anonymous is involved in drug smuggling and illegal arms dealing????

This is huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge. I guess they have already notified the FBI and CIA of these findings. Things could be getting real interesting.

This HAS to make the news. Why on earth would an international syndicate of illegal arms/drugs distributors DDoS Scientology?

Slob posted:

Forget about getting GodHatesFags involved. If the object here is to expose a sham church, Westboro should be next on the hit list. A lot of the criticism of SoC stems from their, and LRH's, hatred of homosexuals. It would be unwise to alienate a group with a legitimate complaint (homosexuals) in order to win the support of a group with illegitimate complaints (Westboro).

I do not want to be associated in any way with Fred Phelps and think that sentiment is shared. While it sure would be nice to see these lunatics distracted from attacking normal civilians and KIA soldiers, I'd give them a wide berth.

No.

Go study how how the WBC funds their activities. This type of campaign would only aide the WBC. The only way to combat the WBC is to ignore them.

40 OZ fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Jan 28, 2008

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf

lilljonas posted:

The Swedish centers are in Malmö, Gothenburg and Stockholm. We are working on translations of flyers and posters if any Swe-goons are interested.

C'mon, we're supposed to be smarter than letting CoS into our country. :sweden:

EDIT: the Swedish site is up, and is at http://www.scientologikyrkanisverige.info/ for those interested.

The most active org is in Malmö (they're the ones who advertise on Something Awful), and the Stockholm one has retreated to the förorten. As far as being smart, Sweden was one of the big continental success of the CoS up until the Eighties/Nineties.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
link list compiled up to page 40 will be on it gain tonight.
Question though:
On the flyer ads for raids I see "Berlin".
Any links to actual info about a Berlin raid? If this is Berlin, Germany, this might give me an anchor for contacting the German press. I have been working on a press info email. It is to contain a brief summary of events, links to the Anonymous videos and Info on the planned Protests worldwide. If I can Include hands down info about German activity, this might boost the "interest factor".

Plus I can dish out chain-mails and "event" posts on certain community sites if i knew exactly when this goes down. I live too far from Berlin to drive there, but I might at least be able to raise awareness of this.

tonelok
Sep 29, 2001

Hanukkah came early this year.
I saw a "Google Lisa McPherson" flyer taped up in a U of Texas bus stop roof thing this morning (UT students know what I'm talking about). Being across the street from the campus, I'd imagine the scienos are around and will try to pull that stuff. Then again, they may not want to mess with UT stuff since they could end up with a lot of UT groups visibly pissed off at them.

Blinky2099 posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if the CoS at least attempted something. Whether SA is officially supporting this or not, they still view it as hosting all of this information and organization... but as you said, SA shouldn't "get in trouble" legally for any of it.
I really don't think they'd want to tangle with the EFF, ACLU, etc., at this point - CoS may have a lot of resources, but so does the EFF, and at this point I seriously doubt the CoS wants the publicly that such a move would entail.

tonelok fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Jan 28, 2008

deadpixel
Aug 5, 2001

Ask me about church burnings!

Wayback posted:

Is there supposed to be anything up on Enturbulation.org ?

All I am getting is a mostly blank page.

I think they're still adjusting the layout and content. For now, check out the forums located at http://forums.enturbulation.org/.

dr gumby
Sep 27, 2007

by angerbotSD

40 OZ posted:

edit- Wow, the CoS has proof that Anonymous is involved in drug smuggling and illegal arms dealing????

Anonymous is the CIA? :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tonelok
Sep 29, 2001

Hanukkah came early this year.

Lermanet.com posted:

Glad those who heard my call in, liked the radio show..

I keep forgetting you have an account here.

Arnie, what do you think their response will be to a lot of worldwide protests with large numbers of people?

You mentioned on your show last night that the flyers are going to really bother them. How much of a bother is it to them? I didn't catch everything you said, but I'll go back and listen to it again.