Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

Hanging just next to your door in the hallway is a painting of an EXQUISITE WIZARD. Your mother collects these awful things IRONICALLY.
you know what would be a pretty funny joke

maybe if somebody said something like "I'm supporting 4chan... I CAN'T BELIEVE I JUST SAID THAT"

that would be pretty funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

Hanging just next to your door in the hallway is a painting of an EXQUISITE WIZARD. Your mother collects these awful things IRONICALLY.
I know it's been said, but it needs reiterated. We need to hit the scientologists in their wallets.

Here is a list of scientologists:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Scientologists

As anonymous (as well as SA) is mostly made up of middle class young males, we are Hollywood's target audience. If we refuse to watch movies or television shows made by scientologists, and express our reasons for doing so, businesses will start backing away from the crazy kooks. As well as not watching them, we must not buy their DVDs, posters, tshirts, or any other associated merchandise. If you really must watch the movie - steal it from the internet :)

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

tamphex posted:

In a nutshell, a dam has burst with a surge heading towards the local town of CrazyNutJobsVille. But instead of water its a wave of bandwagon jumpers & tailcoat riders all eager to be in on the latest cool thing.

Cool it's not like any major news sources have picked up on this or anything

Vote 1 and move on, stop threadshitting

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

tamphex posted:

And where will it be in tomorrows major news sources? The next day? Next week? Since when was opinion sharing counted as threadshitting? Why do opinions other then that shared by the masses instantly result in people screaming "threadshitter!"? Good sir you may take your voting suggestion & shove it up your catchphrasing arse.

Opinion sharing is fine, you've shared yours numerous times. We know you think it's dumb. It's threadshitting when you're making GBS threads up the thread with your trolling. We get that you think it's dumb. When you just keep posting "THIS IS DUMB THIS IS DUMB THIS IS DUMB" it goes from opinion sharing to threadshitting.

It's not a catchphrase, if you think it's dumb just vote 1 and stop reading. No point getting your blood pressure up, eh?

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

I think a good way we can get involved is to write to our local churches. People will start listening if their pastors tell them about this dangerous cult, especially if we point out things like how the scientologists think Jesus was a pedophile.

If we include with the letter a list of businesses involved with scientology, we could start having some impact.

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

tonelok posted:

Mozzie, can you explain this from the goonmeet thread?

Scientologists harrass, smear, and bully their critics. It's best to remain anonymous

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

dot_matrix posted:

As has been showcased here many a time, plenty of people on forums are dumb enough to have a trail of information all across the internet leading to their personal information. I could see if it were strictly kept to IRC, but to be planned and bragged about on an open forum is not very anonymous.

I assume anybody participating in being anonymous

1) wouldn't brag about it in this thread where they'll be easily tracked down
2) would change their handle and probably use a proxy

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

neogeo0823 posted:

I like those, but I think that the majority of protestors would like a black and white version to ease the drain on their color ink cartridges. Though, I feel the first one has the better link, while the second one has better content/pictures. Maybe there is some way to combine them?

colour printers have an option to print in black and white

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

You guys know that Guy Fawkes , the Fifth of November, and the rhyme weren't invented for V for Vendetta right

As in those are all part of England's actual history and we celebrate every Fifth of November, it's not because we all love V for Vendetta so much

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

dr gumby posted:

It's still lame as hell. Please put your creativity towards some other written material.

good thing we have Dr Gumby on the scene to remind us that Guy Fawkes was a fictional character and bonfire night is a fictional holiday

we should really stop ripping off other people's fictional characters

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

randyest posted:

It has nothing to do with that and Gumby is right; that poem nonsense is very, very lame. Please stop.

Yes we should stop with that poem nonsense that was completely made up for V for Vendetta, it has no historical basis at all

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

randyest posted:

No, that's not the reason you should stop at all. It's the lameness that should stop you. But if you disagree that strongly, by all means -- go ahead.

what do I know, I'm from a wacky country that celebrates a movie based on a comic book every November

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

skander posted:

What about making Lisa McPherson masks?

that would be very disrespectful to the dead, in my opinion.

Somebody came up with the hilarious idea of wearing Tom Cruise masks.

Despite there being no connection between us and Guy Fawkes, I think Guy Fawkes is probably the best way to go - it's what everybody else seems to be wearing, so I guess you may as well go along for the sake of uniformity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

Roflcopter Pilot posted:

I can write a page and a half about how Offkorn beat me up and ate my mom. That doesn't mean it's true. For every person who says scientology hurts people, even more say it helps them.

stop derailing troll

if you really think that Scientology is a good thing, I think you should mosey over to Debate and Discussion and try your luck arguing your case there. If their silly standards of proof and backing up your claims are too much, you could head over to LF.