Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Soft Money 1M
Jun 28, 2007

by mons all madden
If anyone wants a flyer designed let me know what you want on it. I have a pretty basic black and white one, but it's my idea of good propaganda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soft Money 1M
Jun 28, 2007

by mons all madden
They don't condone it, but it's the best resource of at least somewhat credible information on why the church is a loving crime.

Feel free to translate this and use it.

I'm not proud of this one, but it's black and white.

Soft Money 1M
Jun 28, 2007

by mons all madden
Is it a big deal? I'm not ddosing anything.

Soft Money 1M
Jun 28, 2007

by mons all madden
Contact your local radio shows and the nationally syndicated ones.

Soft Money 1M
Jun 28, 2007

by mons all madden
That's because they aren't reading it. Joe Average is more afraid of kids with computers. What if they decide to DDoS his family???

Soft Money 1M
Jun 28, 2007

by mons all madden

40 OZ posted:

Is it possible that the Xenu story has been retconned by the church? It would seem obvious to retcon all the out-there stuff like the Mormons did with some of their undesirable doctrine.

People don't pay millions of dollars to be mormons. If they changed it, people would leave.

Soft Money 1M
Jun 28, 2007

by mons all madden

Reverse Logic posted:

Does anyone know how they recruit? I know they have free seminars and such where the e-meter you and whatnot, but are there other methods and can someone give me more details for the e-metering stuff?

I've gotten calls from the Clearwater compound on my cell phone. I honestly don't know how they got the number.

Soft Money 1M
Jun 28, 2007

by mons all madden
Posted it about 20 pages back, here it is again.

Missing Person poster for Lisa McPherson

Feel free to edit, translate, or whatever.

Soft Money 1M
Jun 28, 2007

by mons all madden
I'm surprised that foxnews decided to give this a pretty balanced spin.

Soft Money 1M
Jun 28, 2007

by mons all madden
I wrote an unbiased article for AssociatedContent very similar to the FOXNews one, but haven't submitted it yet. Should I risk lawsuit?

Soft Money 1M
Jun 28, 2007

by mons all madden

Hopper posted:

can't you hand it in anonymous stating you are afraid of retaliation becuase of the content? it might actually raise the article's value...

I tried to, this is not an option. I threw in a comical disclaimer at the bottom, but I don't know how effective that would be.

MEP posted:

I’d also like to point out that I, as a writer, have made no attack against the Church of Scientology and its practices, and none of my information should be misconstrued as libel or defamation as it has been gathered from several sources that I have mentioned. So don’t sue me.

Soft Money 1M
Jun 28, 2007

by mons all madden
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/563735/scientology_vs_anonymous_an_internet.html

Every 1000 hits I make a 1.50. Help pay for my legal fund by enjoying very press-like descriptions of how internets work.

Soft Money 1M
Jun 28, 2007

by mons all madden

Goldplate posted:

I feel this is written poorly. Please don't sue me.

On a helpful note, it would have been nice if the article had some sort of originality, delving into documents that were claimed to be secret, or an insight on the internet culture rather then just a summarization of news that has already been written elsewhere.

I agree with you entirely.

Soft Money 1M
Jun 28, 2007

by mons all madden
Perhaps an email campaign to boycott major bookstores that carry Scientology materials? I'm sure if a thousand or so people send them a form letter it may make some kind of impact.

Soft Money 1M
Jun 28, 2007

by mons all madden
I know they are also kind of a cult and evil and all that, but the 700 Club hates non-Christian things, and tons of old women watch that crap. Perhaps they need a few hundred emails detailing what Scientology has been accused of?

Soft Money 1M
Jun 28, 2007

by mons all madden
Lots of press coverage, some actually positive and fair articles. (CNET, FOX, and yours truly posting a poorly written piece for AC)

711chan, partyvan got taken down, as far as I'm aware they are back up.

No direct response from CoS yet.

Soft Money 1M
Jun 28, 2007

by mons all madden
Go Go Goon Action Squad! :c00lbert:

I'll be attending classes early on Monday and Tuesday to make sure every seat has a copy of at least a basic write-up of the poo poo the scifags have done.

Soft Money 1M
Jun 28, 2007

by mons all madden

Mr_Mister posted:

Currently the project chanology has been kind of stalled.

The current things have happened.
A) the regime has once again hacked legendary incompetent tech admin plasma's website 711*
B) every single major *chan now has a self-imposed anti-Scientology raid policy.

What does this mean?

Everyone has realized what un-needed attention that this raid has brought upon the sites themselves and the amount of undesirable users it has brought into the sites. not only that, but the majority of the people who started the aforementioned attacks were only really doing it for e-fame and whatever stupid mob mentality a bunch of nerds get whenever they get together. The people who keep perpetuating the attacks aren't getting their daily dose of "lulz". You know what scientology did when they were DDOSED? calmly moved to a different server. They didn't freak, they just moved servers. They aren't even that pissed. This raid was a bad idea from the start.

:siren: Scifag spy located :siren:

Soft Money 1M
Jun 28, 2007

by mons all madden
There are a bunch of Scifags on Associated Content posting "The Truth" right now. Several articles, actually.

Soft Money 1M fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Jan 27, 2008

Soft Money 1M
Jun 28, 2007

by mons all madden
People hand out fliers all the time, would there really be a "civil disobedience" charge?

Soft Money 1M
Jun 28, 2007

by mons all madden
Try to keep fliers related to known and easily proven controversies, and point to sources where more information can be acquired. If you can assemble a sheet just filled with quotes from judges around the world, that would be good too. Quoting L. Ron is also fair game.

Here are the two fliers I made 40 pages back, rehosted.

Simple, to the point. Don't attack their beliefs, only their actions.

Soft Money 1M
Jun 28, 2007

by mons all madden
It's an information dissemination campaign, not a loving sit-in.

Soft Money 1M
Jun 28, 2007

by mons all madden
I'm particularly happy with this one.

As always, feel free to translate and distribute as you see fit.

Soft Money 1M
Jun 28, 2007

by mons all madden

Fixed version.

Non-crackpot fixed version.

Soft Money 1M
Jun 28, 2007

by mons all madden
*pulmonary* embolism. ;)

Soft Money 1M
Jun 28, 2007

by mons all madden

3 lemons 4 a dollar posted:

:downswords:

Now read page 2.

Soft Money 1M
Jun 28, 2007

by mons all madden

Internet_Commodus posted:

Mozzie, PM me about that banner. If it hasn't been bought yet, I'll do it.

Not saying it's legal, but this happens all the time in my little Ohio town.

Soft Money 1M
Jun 28, 2007

by mons all madden

burmart posted:

If you be our leader I'll contribute :10bux: to your legal fund.

Soft Money 1M
Jun 28, 2007

by mons all madden
Today I told my Catholic friend about Scientology. He'll be informing their Evangelical roommate. They'll both be informing their church leaders. Hopefully the Cleveland outrage will spiral from there.

Soft Money 1M
Jun 28, 2007

by mons all madden
The point of a distributed denial of service is to make the source untraceable, or at least ridiculously hard to trace back to an operator. Something tells me that the Scifags would be a little hesitant to ask help from the FBI.

:cthulhu: Hey, we got hacked, ARREST THEM!
:patriot: Alright, we'll need access to your databases to find them.

Soft Money 1M
Jun 28, 2007

by mons all madden

quote:

One last thing, let us be cautious in jumping to conclusions about the group who call themselves “Anonymous/Legion.” While it is too early to tell their ultimate intentions, we may all end up appreciating their courage to take on an organization which has more than one person’s blood on its hands.

This warms the cockles of my heart. :iamafag:

Soft Money 1M
Jun 28, 2007

by mons all madden
Hilary Clinton is coming to my school tomorrow. If she's taking questions, I'll try to get some in. Any suggestions?

Soft Money 1M
Jun 28, 2007

by mons all madden

2shlee posted:

This isn't /b/. Get this poo poo out of here.

Soft Money 1M
Jun 28, 2007

by mons all madden
I'll be going with the Germany question, assuming were allowed to ask anything.

I'll also throw out that a lot of people went to see V for Vendetta, and can identify with the symbolism. Personally I think it's awesome.

Soft Money 1M
Jun 28, 2007

by mons all madden

Eugene Jerome posted:

Please record this so we can distribute it/put it on YouTube.

If we get a solid answer from Hilary, then we can generate a chain of "Well, why is Hilary against a cult and Barack isn't?, etc." press and force the other candidates to take a stance on Scientology.

I don't have a camera of my own, but I'll be damned if no one from the school is taping it. I'll just ask for a copy.

Soft Money 1M
Jun 28, 2007

by mons all madden
I just checked my Associated Content article, and the number of views is...surprisingly high.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/563735/scientology_vs_anonymous_an_internet.html

It allows Anonymous commenting, so feel free to spread some propaganda.

I'd like to do a well-written follow-up in the form of an interview. Anyone who attended one of the protests who would be willing to talk 'anonymously', drop me a message on AIM.

Soft Money 1M
Jun 28, 2007

by mons all madden
I believe representatives are more likely to respond to letters and phone calls simply because their constituents are on a much more personal level than senators.

Soft Money 1M
Jun 28, 2007

by mons all madden

Lermanet.com posted:

a letter to a Virginia US senator, helped us get a copy of L Ron Hubbard's Navy Record... and Ive gotten BETTER replies from Senators than my own Rep...

This letter from Congressman Leo J Ryan to Ida Camburn is famous:
http://www.lermanet.com/house/destructive.htm

Congress of the United states
House of Representatives
December 10, 1976

Dear Ida Camburn,

Thank you for your very detailed letter regarding
Scientology. We haven't yet found a way to attack
these jackals who feed on children and young adults
who are too emotionally weak to stand by themselves
when they reach the age of consent.

It's too bad there isn't a 20th Century Charles
Dickens to write about the terrible destruction of
these 20th Century fagins who make themselves rich
while they destroy the psyche of so many.

At the present time, I can only encourage you
to do more of what you have been doing.

Sincerely yours
Leo J Ryan
Member of Congress

There is only one way to describe this. :911:

Soft Money 1M
Jun 28, 2007

by mons all madden
I just wrote Tim McIlrath. His band, Rise Against, is known for their getting behind good causes. I just asked for some words of support, and included some facts about why we're doing what we're doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soft Money 1M
Jun 28, 2007

by mons all madden

emelianenko posted:

Not to derail, but Scientology is just as much a religion as anything else, except it is newer. My point, obviously, is that all religion is clearly fiction.

I'm all for removing from them their tax-exempt status, however. I wish ALL churches had to pay taxes.

I will be sending letters. I hope the various protests actually amount to something next month. Part of me thinks it will immediately die down after the tenth.

And the masks kick rear end, goddamn it.

In my 19 years being part of the Orthodox Christian church, no one in my family has ever needed to take out a second mortgage on their house to get a new version of the Bible, or 16 recordings of a priest rambling about alien ghosts.

Religion is free. Scientology is not.