Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Squish
Nov 22, 2007

Unrelenting.
Lipstick Apathy

Mozzie posted:

CoS is hosed. Shodan is on anonymous' side.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2neohNXt9II

Hmmm..

I don't think it's Shodan - it needs more "P-p-p-p-pathettic" and "Innnnseect!".

I'll tell you what, for a bit there it really starts to bring back fond memories of Shock 2. It would have ruled even more if they'd added some flanging and such.

Yes, I know it's a joke. And I did laugh, quite a lot.

Edit: You're pathetic species will only be a footnote to my magnificence.

She sure has a great command of sheer badassery.

Squish fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Jan 24, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squish
Nov 22, 2007

Unrelenting.
Lipstick Apathy
http://youtube.com/watch?v=BNr5lUdQ-PU

Bahaha. Toll/pisstake video response TO Anonymous.

I'm not sure if it's been posted yet or not, I'm getting quite lost in this immense thread.

Squish
Nov 22, 2007

Unrelenting.
Lipstick Apathy

dedpixhl posted:

On what planet do you spell 'should' without an 'l'? :confused:

On Teegiack of course! :laugh:

100 Hubbard Dollars
That is fan-loving-tastic. If I have some time tomorrow, perhaps I'll mock up an Aussie version. I have a notepad that is essentially the same thing - $100 on the front and a to-do list on the back. They routinely catch friends' attention, even the same people twice, on occasion. And, this is despite the notes being obviously paper when you look a little closer (our cash is plastic these days) and being slightly larger than the real McCoy.

And the money motif is particularly apt as well.

Squish
Nov 22, 2007

Unrelenting.
Lipstick Apathy
Disclaimer: I've skipped ahead a bit on the thread, but I am reading it as much as I can (only up to p104 so far)

I was thinking about the fliers, brochures and stickers that everyone is putting up or planning to distribute. The common problem that I keep falling back to is that the average Joe plainly doesn't give a poo poo about most things. Average Joe also doesn't want to bother reading anything more than a few lines. For fliers to be successful, we have to be mindful that while we as a group of generally internet savvy folk, tend to have a thirst for knowledge and understanding (right?). Average Joe doesn't. Enturbulation.org is really starting to come together, but it also suffers from information heavy content.

What is needed is a really dumbed down, Scientology 101 type introduction that gives the absolute basics all in a few lines. I.e. we have to cater to the least literate/interested member of our target audience. Burmart/man (whatever) at least was partially right in that a lot of people will just ignore what's going on because it's just too damned hard to read stuff. (Yes, I'm aware of the irony there, but if I don't write this down now I'll forget to later).

What I suggest is a link on the front page that is the most rudimentary explanation of Anonymous' agenda: Awareness.

Eg. Consider the questions that might be raised when Joe Bloggs picks up a 1 Hubbard Dollar note ( :lol: )
"Why do I care?"
Scientology is a destructive organisation* that uses immoral and subversive tactics to bully it's members, and to forcefully recruit new members. You may have already been approached by Scientology and not realised it. Scientology is worldwide, and your friends or family may be lured into their fold.

*avoid using loaded words like Cult, brainwashing, mind control etc. because they make us sound crazy/fanatical.

"Who is/are Anonymous"
We are a diverse group of Internet users, just like yourself, that are united by moral imperative to raise awareness of Scientology.

"What is Anonymous' agenda?"
Our goal is to inspire curiosity in the general public, and convince people to investigate Scientology for themselves. By doing so we hope to prevent more people from becoming victims of a dangerous organisation.

"Who is your figurehead?"
Anonymous is a collective presence of users, and therefore we do not have a single member or group of members in charge. This is necessary, because Scientology actively targets and harasses it's detractors. They use libel and fear tactics to silence their critics, so we must remain a nameless crowd that cannot be singled out.

"What do you expect ME to do about it?"
We ask nothing more of you than to simply read about Scientology. Form your own opinions. Encourage discussion among your peers at home, in the office, in the factories or in the yards. We are not asking for donations, nor are we asking for your time. We only want you to be aware of the true nature of this organisation.

I hope this serves as a decent and simplistic enough introduction. Of course, enturbulation may use any of the above at their discretion.

E: holy poo poo. 143 pages? Crap I mustn't have reloaded since this morning.

Squish fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Jan 30, 2008

Squish
Nov 22, 2007

Unrelenting.
Lipstick Apathy

NGL posted:

I like the idea of inexpensive flash drives or something similar placed around... wherever, each with a single document outlining Lisa McPherson, Fair Game, Operation Snow White, etc.

Yesss. This is a brilliant idea.

People LOVE free poo poo. 256MB or even 128MB USB drives should be pretty drat cheap to buy en masse. Have a few places offering them out "FREE USB drive. Please read the document on this drive and keep it as our gift." I know I'd feel fairly obligated to read a succinct document if I got to keep the USB drive it came on.

"Wow? I get a free thingy and all I should do is read a document? Sweet!"
(Though you'd want to watch out for sneaky kids trying to amass free stuff :argh:.)

A goon offered $1000 to the cause, this is one way to put it to use. The PR boost would surely be significant. (Hey, THEY'RE giving us stuff, Scientology only wants our money!)

Squish
Nov 22, 2007

Unrelenting.
Lipstick Apathy

Indolent Bastard posted:

This is the desired result.

I advise that you leave them in college computer labs or print them on Avery label sheets and make stickers to be applied where ever.

Simplicity itself.

Business cards can be had quite cheaply from stores like Officeworks (or, I'd imagine Walmart). $14.95 for at least 200 cards is pretty cheap.

NOW.
Go to a local supermarket or department store and hide them amongst the stock. Browse away and slip them in between cans, bottles and boxes. Maybe hide a few INSIDE the packaging (for items that have loose packaging that you don't have to actually open in order to slip a card into, such as yogurt).

This would be a huge source of day to day people, especially Scientology's favourite kind of marks.

Even better: make 1 Hubbard Dollar notes and simply put the youfoundthecard link on the back...

Squish
Nov 22, 2007

Unrelenting.
Lipstick Apathy

Mistegirl posted:

Anyone is more than welcome to mirror it, and you can download the entire site from youfoundthecard.com/yftc.zip - it includes the php version and the html's in case you can't use php.

The site is actually set up where you would only have to make a few small changes (like the email address under help) to move it to another domain.

I like the idea of YouFoundTheCard, because they can take the card with them. Otherwise it's just too easy to forget about with all your daily goings on and life issues on your mind.

I even have business cards of places that I sought out, and then forgot to call about stuff that I am already quite interested in.

And yeah - I can see how the USB thing would backfire... Perhaps anon should instead put out an advisory to the public - to be wary of such tactics (since this idea has already been aired).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squish
Nov 22, 2007

Unrelenting.
Lipstick Apathy

sarcastx posted:

Mr Fetch has gone :godwin:

Oh, and I highly doubt that I'm the first one to think of this joke v:(v