Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
UnlikelyHero
Dec 8, 2007

Fat Friend Fiesta
From the leaked training manual:

WHAT TO DO IF A PERSON SAYS THEY ARE NOT INTERESTED
{New person says they are not interested etcetera}

Scientology posted:

"Okay, I understand. Well, can you tell me the reason you did the personality for originally and sent it to us? {TR3 this until you get the reason, as there is some reason there. Don't argue with them, just ask and get your question answered."

TR3 meaning:

TR 3: Duplicative Question
[ Student asks coach repetitively, "Do birds fly?" or "Do fish swim?" Coach tries not to answer. Student repeats the question using this repeater phrase, verbatim: "I will repeat the auditing question." Continued until the student knows he will be asked questions until he answers them. Coach tries to physically leave the "session" and the student must restrain the coach and place him or her back in the chair, and repeat the same question until answered. Drill is passed when student can always get his questions answered. ]

I will repeat the auditing question. What a strange phrase to have in a "Communications Course". Auditing is Scientology's main money-making activity. It is highly sought-after "counselling" which is integral with making it up The Bridge. Auditing up to this point has been hyped as the Road to Nirvana, and now the student is introduced to a prepatory drill for auditing or being audited, namely that the question must be answered to the satisfaction of auditor, not the preclear. Contrary to many Scientologists' opinion, the preclear is not in control of the auditing session. While a treatment of the auditing process is beyond the scope of this discussion, questions in session are asked until an acceptable response is given. "Cognitions" are spoon-fed to the preclear. Their purpose reinforces Scientology dogma and typically point to the need for more auditing.

It must be mentioned again that the student eventually becomes a coach in these TRs. In this way, the student learns that they must answer the question, that they will be repeatedly asked until the correct answer is given, and that they will be forcibly restrained if they attempt to leave the session.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnlikelyHero
Dec 8, 2007

Fat Friend Fiesta
I've posted it in Goons Around the Globe but I'll post here again. To check interest for the stuff in Amsterdam I've registered Amstergoons@gmail.com. Please drop an e-mail if you're planning on going there. Might help on coordinating some stuff too.

I like your idea, Zadda.

UnlikelyHero fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jan 27, 2008

UnlikelyHero
Dec 8, 2007

Fat Friend Fiesta
Reposting this: If you are Dutch and planning on going to Amsterdam the tenth, PLEASE drop an e-mail to Amstergoons@gmail.com. Some people are still not sure if they'll go, and being able to say other people will attend helps a lot. It also gives us the opportunity to talk some specific stuff through.

UnlikelyHero
Dec 8, 2007

Fat Friend Fiesta

Anarchist posted:

Can you mail the .psd of that one to Amstergoons@gmail.com? I want to use it here in the Netherlands, but need to translate it first. Thanks!