Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Adrojo
Jan 14, 2008
Curse you, Adrojo!

Sundae posted:

Not that I'm in any way claiming endorsement or involvement by anyone here, but ever heard of Goon Attention Deficit Disorder?

Also referenced as Goon Projects

The chans suffer from it just as much. All CoS really has to do is not say anything inflammatory for a week, and that's usually enough for the next big craze to distract the hordes, so to speak. I'd love for this one to be "different", but I'm a tad skeptical based on past events.

IIRC, the Channers harassed that racist asshat Hal Turner for what seemed like months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adrojo
Jan 14, 2008
Curse you, Adrojo!
Yeah so apparently Youtube has put a view lock on the Anonymous message to Scientology video, which means now it can't be put on the front page of the website (which means less people are going to see it now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCbKv9yiLiQ

link for those who have missed it.

Adrojo
Jan 14, 2008
Curse you, Adrojo!

MK Omega posted:

Why would they do such a thing? Fear of a massive lawsuit? Or do they just not want any form of propaganda (good or bad) to be on a front page?

My guess is that don't want anyone to think they (youtube) are suppressing peoples religious beliefs. Political correctness and all that.

Adrojo
Jan 14, 2008
Curse you, Adrojo!
Welp it looks like 'Message to Scientology' views are not locked anymore. Youtube either caved in, or there were to many people trying to watch the movie at once that it couldn't update it's views fast enough.

Adrojo
Jan 14, 2008
Curse you, Adrojo!

Jaster posted:

Youtube doesn't update views on a constant basis, juggling the numbers on every single video on the site at a constant rate would probably light all the servers on fire with the amount of numbers that would have to be crunched. I'm pretty sure they only update every so often, rather than keeping a running tally. That's why when you refresh the video a couple times, the number doesn't seem to be going up.

Yeah that seems to be the case. I was reading the comments with people saying 'OMGZ JEWTUBE HAS LOCKED THE VIEWS'. Guess I won't jump to conclusions anymore. V:unsmith:V

Adrojo
Jan 14, 2008
Curse you, Adrojo!
So I sent email's to my local news networks, and I low and behold, I got an email back from someone at CBC.

Hi John,

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. I will be looking into this on Monday.

Have a great weekend.

Jamie Gutfreund
CBC News at Six

Adrojo
Jan 14, 2008
Curse you, Adrojo!

tamphex posted:

Absolutely nothing will come of this and you'd have to be a halfwit to think otherwise.

If it prevents someone from joining Scientology, thats all the closure I need.

Adrojo
Jan 14, 2008
Curse you, Adrojo!
Tried calling, lines busy.

Adrojo
Jan 14, 2008
Curse you, Adrojo!

Lermanet.com posted:

did anyone catch the call in numbers?

515-312-0983

Adrojo
Jan 14, 2008
Curse you, Adrojo!
hah he's playing the anonymous message.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adrojo
Jan 14, 2008
Curse you, Adrojo!
https://www.whyaretheydead.net was mentioned.