Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

dj_pain posted:

They were last seen on THREAT LEVEL when a Los Angeles Fox News affiliate ran a story that hilariously implied the group's arsenal included exploding vans.
I don't think I ever laughed as hard at a news report when I heard a guy claiming to be a real reporter actually used the term "epic lulz", and then saw this:

HandBanana posted:

stuff
So you honestly think that by doing absolutely nothing, they're just going to go away or something? Scientology isn't going to get LESS popular anytime soon, so people might as well gently caress with them a little bit, which must be done in a capacity where people probably won't get sued like everyone else who fucks with them. Cue the internet, the last really free place in the world, and even that's eroding.

I have to say though, that Anonymous video is a little self-important. "For every one of us that falls, 10 more of us will take his place"? If I don't even believe that, I doubt the CoS will.

Bonk fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Jan 24, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

SamuraiFoochs posted:

You MIGHT want to censor the l-word, I don't know how strong the mods come down on it these days. Since you were quoting someone else, I dunno, but...V:)V
You MIGHT want to censor that sentiment, because it sounds like you're suggesting that the mods are stupid and can't tell the difference! :aaa:V:pipe:

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

Competition posted:

Anon isn't just content at going down the rabbit hole, they won't stop until they emerge clutching the severed rabbits head.
Or rather Alice's head, if you want to keep up with the proper analogy.

Adonro posted:

Maybe it wasn't expected from Anon's side, but come on, the media doesn't have the same mindset as anonymous. That's the way the media portrays everything in terms of internet hackers (terrorists oh poo poo).
The mass media really IS that far behind the curve. It's hilarious. I just watched Live Free or Die Hard last night, and I can't believe Hollywood is still in the "hackers can change traffic lights and make your computer blow up by sending you a virus despite it not containing actual explosive material" mindset. I thought the whole wave of cyberspace suspense bullshit was over in the 1990s.

Now excuse me while I get out my fancy unique interface and type a bunch of things really fast while flashy displays pop up all over my monitor and make digital noises every time I hit something. Maybe I can hack into a CoS fridge and spoil their lunches.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

InvisibleMonkey posted:

Well, poo poo, I thought he blew up the thetans. I've got my science fiction religion texts all mixed up. What would be a better text?
Xenu DOES want you to know the truth? v:shobon:v

Great picture though.

tamphex posted:

Absolutely nothing will come of this and you'd have to be a halfwit to think otherwise.
Even if it does absolutely nothing on a long term basis, they're still loving with the Church of Scientology and getting noticed for it. Why object to that?

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
If someone were to make up a flyer for the "Jesus was a pedo" thing, I would tack it up on the doors entering the Dianetics foundation that's recently been established in a fairly affluent local community a couple miles from me. How they got away with bringing that poo poo in here I have no idea, but they're right between my dentist's office and an Army recruiter in a little strip mall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

Chronocyder_Spyder posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9lkSmXIQIc - Scientologist tries to get Anon to target psychiatrists with a lame and heavy-handed video.
I like how they can't even be bothered to write a decent headline. Maybe their next video should be titled "MeSSaGe 2 aN0Nz wtf dOnt h8 us fAgs lol !@#"

That, and it completely reminds me of the fake marijuana ad from Harold & Kumar:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbsBj8NRufw