Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Kobalt
Mar 19, 2003

Welp. That was interesting. What happens now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kobalt
Mar 19, 2003

That's amazing.

Kobalt
Mar 19, 2003

MisterEuroPride posted:

I'm particularly happy with this one.

As always, feel free to translate and distribute as you see fit.

Like it.
Hate the font.

Kobalt
Mar 19, 2003

Big Mc Large Huge posted:

i mean, don't get me wrong, I'm as anti-Scientology as any rational person can reasonably be. but I don't see any substantive positive result coming from this

Here's the deal:

Most people believe it's a harmless organization.
Most people don't know that the "free stress test" and "free personality test" are both virtually impossible to pass. (But, for a sum of money, they'll be right there to help you!) Strangely, three card monte and shell games on the street are typically illegal, getting e-metered is not. I'm putting them in the same grifting catagory.
Most people don't know that they keep an elaborate database of people who speak out about them, and form lists of these people to deny them services.
Most people don't know what happens behind the closed doors.
Most people think it's all diantetics and past lives, which in itself is harmless, and that's as far as they know. Some people who have educated themselves, think it's just a crazy cult who believes in the Xenu space opera, and they don't learn more than that.
Most people don't know how rabid and litigious it is, to keep what happens on the inside safe. Why? Because it would seem crazy from the outside, and would expose the brainwashing and the dangers. This is to cause fear, and keep anyone quiet who would dare speak against them.
Most people don't know, that the church will harass you at all costs if you are on their poo poo lists. That they will make up outright lies to make your life hell, so that you don't speak out against them.
Most people don't know about the acts of isolation and disassociation commited against families. They don't know the threats that go on, on the inside, should you choose to leave. They don't know the harassment that not only the individual goes through, but friends and family of that individual.

Should you speak out against them, you may be labeled as an anti-religious extremist, which hates all religions. You will be photographed in front of your house, on the street, and be put up on various websites.

People need to know these things. To keep their friends and families safe. Most people don't know, and simply think it's a helpful organization. Or, just meerly a loony cult with some strange beliefs. People need to know the dangers. And if an immature stunt helps spread that message, I won't argue against it.

It's not about anti-scientology. It's about spreading the message about what really goes on.

Edit:
I realize the irony of this post.

Kobalt fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Jan 27, 2008

Kobalt
Mar 19, 2003

Mongoose Face posted:

Okay, now I'm kinda spooked.

Knowing my luck I'll be the one who gets unmasked and have my face posted on billboards with 'SHOPLIFTER' (Or 'NOT A VIRGIN', I don't exactly know what else they could dig up on me. I sure as hell can't think of anything.) next to it in big, red and ever-so-condemning letters.

drat IT! THEIR TACTIC ARE WORKING!
BLAST YOU XENU! BLAST YOU, I SAY! :argh:

You don't have to worry what they'll dig up on you.

You are a violent gun toting pedophile at-large who should be avoided, and the authorities should be contacted if you are spotted.

Kobalt
Mar 19, 2003

neogeo0823 posted:

Guys, I have an idea for my next set of cards, but I need a certain picture. You know the Anon suit logo thing, right? What if we had the barcode part of that, with the word "anonymous" where the head would go, with something "business"-y, like a fedora or something, over the top?

I think I explained it badly, but I will post what I am thinking once I can find a decent front-on shot of a fedora. Google isn't being very helpful today.

Are you thinking of the Red Hat logo?

Kobalt
Mar 19, 2003

Mozzie, listen carefully, and use google. Since this thread is on google, I won't explain.

Kobalt
Mar 19, 2003

Happy_Misanthrope posted:

Terry Shiavo?! WTF? For fucks sake, why the hell would you include that? It basically destroys the credibility right from that point.

Any connection to the Co$ and the Shiavo case is incredibly tenuous, and the vast majority of the public thought taking her off life support was the humane decision. Utterly bizarre.

Can anyone explain this to me? What have I missed here?

I know this is ancient in the terms of this thread, but please, if your heart is in the right place, make sure your facts aren't coming from your rear end.

I have seen so many typos and sheer amount of retardations, going onto flyers. Flyers that are intended to be distributed to the public.
Aren't you all supposed to be fighting against bullshit, and not spreading more?

Speaking of typos, it's Narconon. I don't think NA wants anything to do with this flyer.

Kobalt
Mar 19, 2003

Jaster posted:

Also, re: the E-meter stuff, it's just an ohmmeter? I thought in function it was at least able to function as some sort of crude lie detector. Maybe I just don't know enough about how those work. :confused:

It measures electrical resistance, which can be caused by sweat and hand movements, that may be unnoticed by the user.

A polygraph measures pulse, breathing, muscle movement, sweat, etc.

The idea is, mental images are a form of energy, which has mass, which can be measured.

Wait, is e-meter training a method of training a large collection of people to stop responding to lie detectors? :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kobalt
Mar 19, 2003

Be Depressive posted:

Have preprepared answers for the following questions - most likely groups of Scns will be trying to get a rise out of us.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?

WHAT ARE YOUR CRIMES?

WHAT ARE YOU AFRAID OF?

DON'T YOU HAVE SOMETHING BETTER TO DO?

$cientologists are taught that anyone attacking $cientology is doing so because of crimes they don't want anyone to find out about, and because they have a problem with people being happy and improving themselves. This is what they believe - we are protesting them because there's something wrong with us, that we're afraid of Ron's truth and that's why we are attacking them.

Be prepared.

I suggest that bullbaiters could be easily confused with the use of memes/catchphrases. Also know that memes are going to be a big part of anon identifying other anons as non-scientologists , so if you don't liek mudkips already I suggest you start.

I'm glad you said this, and it should be pointed out more often.

It's not that they're "crazy" (to be argued), it's that with their perspectives and beliefs, anyone saying anything bad MUST be a criminal. Who else, but an evil person would try to stop Scinos from doing the good work that they do?

Which, is why I would recommend using tape over your mouth.