Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Oct 4, 2005

HandBanana posted:

Fine, I guess my analogy was inadequate, and I do recognize that Scientology is a malicious and evil organization. That said I still don't think this is a very mature way to handle it.

Better alternatives:
*Pooling money to start an advertising campaign that reaches real, non-internet people, informing them of little tidbits about the craziness of Scientology. (e.g. Did you know? Scientologists believe all of your problems occur due to aliens living in your body. Knowledge is power.)
*Starting a foundation to support ex-Scientology members, to help them spread the word about the organization and protect them from the bankrupting backlash.
*Just plain telling your friends and people you care about, when the opportunity comes up, about the craziness without sounding crazy yourself. Any time someone in my family is like, "What's up with that Scientology thing Tom Cruise is doing?" I make sure to fill them in on some of the "core beliefs" of Scientology.

Instead what's happening here is simply juvenile terrorism.

Kids dont have money to pool for an ad campain that would be labled as slander and end in lawsuits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oct 4, 2005

SirRobin posted:

Don't know about the London specs. I only Googled for a minute. The specs for Melbourne train interior advertising can be found here: http://www.jcdecaux.com.au/pdf/TrainInterior_Specs_18-07-07.pdf

w: 740mm x h: 305mm 300 dpi if you want it to look like the real thing.

Rates for advertising on the london underground:

http://www.cbsoutdoor.co.uk/upload/124224_672_1199881386481-London_Underground_RateSheet.pdf

1965917 fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Jan 28, 2008

Oct 4, 2005

quote:

This is no different than Islamic Extremists who seek to destroy believers of any other religion. Going forward GlobalIncidentMap.com will treat all similar actvity by this new group as terroristic in nature.

I was unaware that Anonymous had killed anyone but apparently I was wrong, is this site owned by fox news btw?

Oct 4, 2005

Curiouser posted:

Mailing fake anthrax is the crime of terrorism, and all similar incidents would almost certainly have to be terroristic in nature.

I was commenting on the 'This is no different than Islamic Extremists who seek to destroy believers of any other religion' part not the actual event, unless I'm very much mistaken annon hasn't actually tried to directly hurt people or promoted any kind of violent activity so compairing it to Al-Qaida is a little extreme

1965917 fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Jan 31, 2008