Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

80085 posted:

What is your favorite type of defensemen to have on your team? A good stickhandling one, an offensive-minded one or a stay-at-home one? Do you prefer your d-men to try and block the shot or just get the hell out of your way so you could see the shot?

I've never had a friend that played goalie so I've always been curious as to what they think about defensemen. I played defense a lot when I played hockey and I always tried my best to not screen my own goalie as I thought that was a big no-no especially at the lower levels.

I'm going to guess they want a defensemen that can handle the puck that puts defense before offense.

Clear out the net, let the goalie see the shots from the point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

T-Bone posted:

That's an impossible question to answer. A physical defenseman in front of the net, a skating defenseman on the backcheck, a rushing defenseman when you're dropping the puck off behind the net, etc, etc.

I'm taking offers.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ywv_JCyolU

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

soggybagel posted:

Penguin you're a huge rear end in a top hat.

Yeah no kidding, I'd purposely start wiring slapshots at your head after that stuff.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
Why aren't any of you guys in Vancouver damnit.

No goalies ever show up to stick and puck, so I'm not as inclined to go.

Someone come, and I'll work with you on whatever! I used to play goalie back in the day, hell I even went to Kenesky's Goalie Camp!

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

Martytoof posted:

:downsrim:

What size skates do you wear? You can use mine or you can just play in your crappy player skates I guess :cool:

Accel, get the gently caress out of Vancouver and move here already jesus.....

I would, except work wouldn't work so well out of the Hammer.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

eXXon posted:

What's the point of the extra strip of material running down the outside of each pad? Every once in a while when playing ball hockey with terrible pads I used to wear pads on the wrong leg so they were on the inside and gave me a tiny chance of actually being able to close my pads together. Having done so I never figured out what the point of them was or why you'd want them on the outside of the pad rather than the inside.

So if you catch a puck at an angle, it gets (hopefully) deflected inside, where you can grab it easily, instead of outside, where it could go into the net, or lie out in the open.

Also when in the butterfly, rising shots that catch the top of the pads hopefully wont deflect or trickle over the top.

edit: ohh hey next page! beaten twice, by actual goalies none the less.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

Joey Walnuts posted:

I got hurt about 3 weeks ago so I haven't played since. Finally got back on the ice today. Holy poo poo. I had no idea it would be that difficult getting back into rhythm. Felt like I was flailing all over the place. I do not recommend taking 3 weeks off.

Our goalie, well the team I used to play for and was filling in on, was out for a few weeks, last night was his first game back, man he sucked, we lost 11-5, probably 9 of their goals were shots from the outside that had no business going in.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

sba posted:

I should have been ejected last night. Some guy bowled over me in the crease, and I got up and my mouth was bleeding, so my first reaction was to swing my stick at him. Got him right between the shoulder blades with the blade of my stick.

I'm pretty sure the only reason I wasn't thrown out was the fact that we don't have backups in our league.

I got slashed in the back of the head twice by a goalie 2 weeks ago, he just got two 2minute penalties.

The Refs reasoning was its either a 2 minute penalty or he's out of the game, my argument was that he did it twice. One time, okay heat of the moment, two times he can gently caress right off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
As a player, I never used any of that UA stuff until I started with compression pants about 2 years ago, they were awesome compared to just my boxers which I had been wearing, a lot cooler, and no cottony ball of sweat in my crotch.

A few weeks ago I got a lose fit short sleeved UA shirt which is light and comfortable to play in, but it doesn't keep me as cool as the tight fit short sleeved shirt I got the other day, although it is kinda hard to get off at the end of the game.

As silly as it sounds I actually bought some socks as well, when I had forgotten mine, and they arent too bad either, nothing amazing though.

• Locked thread