Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

I remember seeing that Attila album on a "best albums ever" list and expected to hate it but found it pretty rocking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I remember seeing that Attila album on a "best albums ever" list and expected to hate it but found it pretty rocking

I'm either suspect that you saw that on a "best of" list, or that the author of the list has only listened to like 5 albums.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It is time for your viscera to see the light of day!

It's definitely not as bad as some of the reviews would have you believe. I think that's the nicest thing you could reasonably say about it.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

XBenedict posted:

I'm either suspect that you saw that on a "best of" list, or that the author of the list has only listened to like 5 albums.

You should be suspect, it was a horrendous mis-post on my part, what I meant to say was on the "list of music considered the worst" wikipedia page

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_...rst#2000s-2010s

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lightning!

I forget how I first stumbled across Attila but it is now one of my favorites in all its organ crashing glory as well.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015

REAL TOP DOG SHIT
We Have Unlocked Woke Junpei Mode
Fuck Up Cops 2020
Beloved Forums Poster
Evolved Heightened Level Junpei
Junpei Is Not Ironic And That Is Why He Is Good

I've heard some controversy about whether this act was queerbaiting or exploitative or what have you, but I'm legit curious: Having only listened to "All The Things She Said", and finding it pretty good, is t.A.T.u. any good?

NUMBER 1 FULCI FAN
Jun 1, 2003

If we vanished tomorrow, no organism on this planet would miss us.
Nothing in nature needs us.

Buglord

Junpei posted:

I've heard some controversy about whether this act was queerbaiting or exploitative or what have you, but I'm legit curious: Having only listened to "All The Things She Said", and finding it pretty good, is t.A.T.u. any good?

The "lesbian" angle was definitely fake and made up to generate interest, but also they're pretty keen on pushing Russian propaganda (see the song "Такого как Путин"/"One like Putin" where they want to have a guy who's strong and handsome like Putin).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino

The first album is a pretty solid pop album with a great Smiths cover, the two followups are OK but the Russian versions have more character, are sequenced differently and have some cool weird interludes that aren't on the Anglo versions.

There's also the incredibly bizarre t.A.T.u/Rammstein mashup album put out by MTV Russia that also has some Clawfinger and Limp Bizkit mashes chucked in. If you like "Moskau" off Rammstein's Reise Reise you'll probably dig that too