Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«99 »
regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER

How experimental? Like Kid A experimental or Mr Bungle experimental?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

regulargonzalez posted:

How experimental? Like Kid A experimental or Mr Bungle experimental?

Devo experimental.

https://youtu.be/SJcshY5ywro

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

Voodoofly posted:

Grails?

Most of my experience with listening to them was my tattoo artist playing their albums a lot towards the end of long sessions, but saw someone with their shirt at the grocery store today and figured no time like the present to check them out.

I generally didn't care much for the first two records, so I would recommend working through all of the black tar prophecies to get a good feel for Grails.
Black Tar 1-3 are particularly great, 4 gets to the bigger riffs style stuff.

The albums are all good really, I feel like their sound has changed much in a few years.

yeah ok ok yeah
May 2, 2016

If you're only going to listen to one Devo record, it's this one for my money:

IUG posted:

The "Are We Not Men? We Are Devo!" album for sure. And it's the first one, so you can go chronologically.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER

George Thoroughgood? I only know 3 songs of his and no idea where to start.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

regulargonzalez posted:

George Thoroughgood? I only know 3 songs of his and no idea where to start.

All 3 of those are the same song. Why bother?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah ok ok yeah
May 2, 2016

XBenedict posted:

All 3 of those are the same song. Why bother?

«99 »