Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bacon God
Oct 20, 2007

Himmelschreibende
Herzen

sky-writing hearts

a sharp thing posted:

Get "Music for Airports."

Ambient 1 is Music for Airports. I've been wondering if anyone could suggest a good introduction to Don Caballero. I've heard a few songs that I can't remember the names of, but I don't have any full albums. Actually, any listening suggestions that sound like them would be welcome also.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bacon God
Oct 20, 2007

Himmelschreibende
Herzen

sky-writing hearts
A question inspired by some music documentaries: Where should I start with pre-Zaireeka Flaming Lips, Daniel Johnston, and The Butthole Surfers? And is Zaireeka worth all the trouble?

The Bacon God
Oct 20, 2007

Himmelschreibende
Herzen

sky-writing hearts
Anyone have any suggestions on where to start with Alva Noto or the raster-noton roster in general? I already have all of Ryoji Ikeda's work and I want do delve deeper into this sort of thing.

The Bacon God
Oct 20, 2007

Himmelschreibende
Herzen

sky-writing hearts

Iraff posted:

the first three albums are all solid gold so that's a good place. there's brilliant songs on all of their albums though, so you can't really go wrong

I would actually advise against starting with The Great Destroyer or Drums and Guns because they're a fair distance away from the "slowcore" sound that the band's had for the majority of their career.

The Bacon God
Oct 20, 2007

Himmelschreibende
Herzen

sky-writing hearts
Where should one start with Whitehouse or Merzbow or power electronics in general? I'm also looking for a way into Half Japanese, and Jad Fair's solo work.

The Bacon God fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Aug 13, 2011